American High School LIED to get me to buy their service!

A representative of American High School misrepresented the school's product to me, and I never would have bought if I had known the truth!!!   On January 10, 2014 I contacted American High School on their website. I engaged in a chat with a representative and told them I was concerned about using their school for my daughter because she is not allowed to use the internet unsupervised, and I am working during the day. The representative assured me that I could easily download all of the school lessons as PDF's and she could work independently, without an internet connection, and we could simply upload the completed lessons after I was done with work and could supervise her internet usage.  On January 14, 2014 I completed an online orientation with my daughter where we were informed that all of the lessons were ONLY online and that if the computer became idle for more than 5 minutes, she would be required to log in again. We were also told that there was a 4 hr minimum online usage requirement per day in order to get credit for doing the school work.  We attempted to use the service and tried to find PDF's to download, and in addition to that being a lie, the service was terrible and kept causing the internet to crash. We spent hours online that day only to be very frustrated.  This is not at all what I was told in the chat, (I'm sure they have the transcript) and it violates my rights under the Consumer Bill of Rights to be told the truth, and to be fully informed before making a purchase.  When I complained on January 17, 2014 and requested a refund, I was told it was too late to get a refund. When I insisted that I was still in the 5 business day rescission period, I was told I would receive a partial refund of $433.55, but to this day I have had no further contact from American High School despite sending an email detailing my complaint to Tanny Terry. She said she would forward my complaint to upper management, but again, I have had no further contact from them. No one has ever addressed their lies with me, or attempted to resolve this issue in any way.  I disputed the charges with my credit card, but American High School has gotten those charges reversed.  Due to the fact that I was lied to in order to get me to buy, I want a full refund of $650.  DO NOT TRUST THIS SCHOOL!!!
ID
Hollywood, Florida
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article