American Heritage Homes are a nightmare

Our American Heritage Home in Wentzville - Heritage Point is on self-destruct. No Tyvek under siding, allowing moisture to get to wood and MOLD forming fast. Windows upstairs leak like a faucet when it rains, damaging floor and ceiling to finished basement. Basement windows leak, but it is so cold down there, we can't bear to spend much time there in winter. Truss rise is occurring; appliances are pure garbage; diswasher motor leaked for probably a year, damaging the kitchen floor - causing two weeks of mold control and replacement of flooring and underlay. Had to buy a new dishwasher; No seal between foundation and home, had to pay for sealing ourselves; water heater broil pan and valve went out - four days with no hot water. Walls are paper. House is always cold or hot. Windows are of poor quality. We paid to have a film placed on them. Everyone in neighborhood has similar stories. No customer service. They bailed from subdivision when it was half finished when the heat got so bad from the existing homeowners. We moved from out of state, we were *** to assume that homebuilders had ethics and that local municipalities inspected well. Don't buy from American Heritage Homes. Save yourself. Trying to resolve issues or sue them is like beating your head against the wall. I'm afraid that I'm stuck in this hellhole forever. Can't anybody do anything about them?

We'll I had ahh build my home in 2007 there where so many issues with them from not get trash dumpster to cutting down 1/2 archer of woods with out permission also I have been trying get them to do something about my windows leaking air spence I moved in 7 years later. Not happy at all find another company

We had a home built by AHH. They suck. Floors not glued or nailed properly. Windows leak.

Basement floor all cracked( not 4 inches concrete nor 4 inches of gravel)

want the 1/2 bath & laundry room switched, they did, but didn't re ***-figure the foundation, not the rooms are the wrong side.

They had not supervison. All they are concerned about is getting there draws$$$$$$

This complaint references to the wrong company! :eek

American Heritage Homes in Ohio is great. We love our house.

I am employed by American Heritage Homes of Ohio which the complaint seems to be linked to. We are a local central Ohio corporation that does not do business in Wentzville, MO or South Carolina in general.

This complaint must be about another company of the same name which we are in no way affiliated with.

To the original poster, I ask that you link your complaint to the proper company's website not ours. Thank You.

@PissedConsumer553488

We'll my complant refers to the ohio based AHH

I am in the process of having AMH build us our dream retirement home and hope to move in during October 2010. To date I have nothing but good things to say about AMH.

I have watched the building process closely and they are better than top notch.

These guys are excellent to work with, extremely responsive. As of right now I could not be more pleased with AMH.

You should make it a point to file a complaint with BBB. If nothing else the complaint is on record against the builder.

View more comments (6)
ID
Wentzville, Missouri

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article