*** customer service and thin coatings

This guy Nick calls me after I'd been trying to reach the main office for weeks. He seems like a reasonable guy, but I can tell he's not the owner, because every other answer is "I don't know". Besides, he's too young to be the owner. In any case, we looked at the roof and he said he'd get back to me with a quote. Over 10 days later. He sent me a quote that was at least 30% less than his competitor. Now the way Nick spoke about his dad being in the sprayfoam business since he could walk, I figured the pricing would be right up their with Armstrong. When I ask nick about the large difference, and lower price, he said his dad had just created some if his own coating that none of the other manufacturers wouldn't buy, because some of the regulatory chemicals had been left out, but were ok to use. This immediately put my gaurd up. Once I tried to get ahold of Nick &; his dad, they were no where to be found after that.I also found out that American foam experts was named sierra spray foam before when the CSLB took it from them for bad customers service
#1916866

Yes... it's true.

American Foam Experts is an attempt to resurrect their business after having their license revoked from a previous business Sierra Spray Foam. You can find the documents by entering "American Foam Experts legal" into Google.

They use cheap coatings that will fail in just a few years. Stay away!

Sacramento, California

American Foam Expert Residential Roofing Service Review

I just had my roof redone by Gus and Mike from American Foam Experts. All I can say is FABOULOUS, FANTASTIC and GREAT JOB! I would recommend them to anyone looking to redo their Foam Roof or add one for that matter! We are waiting for Mother Nature to tesr the work but by the looks of it we eill be in good shape. D
Sacramento, California
Reason of review
Good quality

AMERICAN FOAM EXPERT

Watch out for these guys. They were called SIERRA SPRAY FOAM ROOFING and changed names to get out of warranties and a bad reputation. Look them up they have had 4 other licenses issued over the years.The most current Ca contractors license is under PACIFIC POLYMERS with a Nevada address. For over 35 years, the family of Sierra Spray Foam Roofing (SSFR), now PACIFIC POLYMERS dba AMERICAN FOAM EXPERT have been pioneers of polyurethane roof systems. Bob Stepps, founder of SSFR began insulating poultry barns in 1968. Since then, a second and third generation has joined SSFR and completely destroyed the family name and reputation in the business. Carol Stepps, the original licensee, and her grandson Bobby James Stepps have opened another license doing business as AMERICAN FOAM EXPERT under Ca contractors license PACIFIC POLYMERS with a Nevada address. They don't care about small projects and will string our customers along until they give up all hope that we will complete the job we are under contract for holding your deposit ransom. If you are hoping for a proactive roofing company that will work with you, return phone calls, and actively seek solutions for issues that enevidabley crop up during all projects, I can tell you AMERICAN FOAM EXPERT that was previously called SIERRA SPRAY FOAM ROOFING is not the company for you. After signing our contract with them, not once did they proactively call us. When we could pin them down for an approximate install date, that date would generally come and go without notice or communication from SSF. Any call back was after one or generally more calls to multiple contacts we had at the office. Bottom line is that they under bid the job to get our business and instead of owning up to it and taking the loss or working with us to correct the bid they simply put us off hoping we'd go away. This went on for SEVEN months. I cannot honestly recommend this company for any purpose but to frustrate, lie, and waster your time.

These guys came out when I had an issue and took care of it. I have no complaints with their warranty.

I am another very unhappy customer. Sierra Spray Foam, now American Foam Experts, should not be allowed a business license.

Our roof has leaked EVERY year since installed. Owners avoid calls and give lousy service. Beware! You will be throwing money away if you use this company.

I have never, in 35 years of construction, dealt with such dishonorable people.

@PissedConsumer784584

Gail,

Please reply to your original review letting people know that AMERIAN FOAM EXPERTS repaired your roof under the SIERRA SPRAY FOAM warranty.

Thanks in advance.

AFE Foam Roofing

@PissedConsumer784584

Gail - is there anyway I can contact you for advice?

#620147

Re: Cynthia - I did a little research. This company has a corporation in Nevada and has a California dba for American Foam Experts.

Not sure about a Davis number..

Their 855 number goes to a Walnut Creek address which is their California sales office. They are wonderful to work with and its too bad you didn't get to use their services because I love what they have done.

I visited the Contractors State License Board and noticed all the licenses this company has had over the last 10 years. Then I noticed they have moved out of state to Nevada with a P.O Box as an address.

I have to wonder if your address is in Nevada why did you post with a Davis Ca phone number and not put your real name other than owner? Why did I decide to investigate....... I had previously called them 2 times to schedule a roofing estimate and they never showed up which resulted in me taking off work and them wasting my time!!!! Nothing makes me more upset than someone wasting my time.

I then called the City of Davis to see if they had a city business license and there was no record found. I think I am lucky that they flaked before taking advantage of me.

This company is ***. :(

@PissedConsumer565177

Re: Cynthia - You do realize that a California license allows a contractor to work anywhere in the state of California, right? This means that 916, 530, 415, etc...

can be used for advertising in that area. Many companies have 800 numbers that ring to all parts of the world. As far as the Davis business license goes, you're wrong. Finally, who are you that because a business doesn't return your call, you say they're ***?

Sounds like you might just be the original poster on this site, simply hiding behind your anger about some other company again. Why don't you call the 530 # again and see if you get an answer.

@PissedConsumer632559

ALL STATE LICENSED CONTRACTORS IN CALIFORNIA ARE REQUIRED TO GET A CITY/COUNTY BUSINESS LICENSE IN EVERY CITY OR COUNTY THAT THEY WORK IN!!!

@PissedConsumer833157

Yes Mr. Rick.

Please tell me which city we are working in that we do not have a business license. It is impossible to pull a permit without acquiring a business license and you are wrong about counties.

Rarely have I found a service this wonderful. The labor is professional, the quality amazing. Thank you American Foam Experts.

View more comments (14)
Stockton, California
Loss
$12000

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article