Verified Reviewer

Disorganized office

I've been going to this office for about 1 1/2 years. The staff mood depends the day of the week but most of the time have been respectful. Unfortunately sometimes though they have no clue especially if you don't speak Spanish. I speak the language but prefer speaking my primary language which is English. Since last year to present I've been having the issue of repetitive calls asking if I'm having my mammogram done and repeatedly I tell then NO. 2 wks later I'll get another call with the same. This becomes very annoying. In one month I get up to 4+ calls and if this isn't enough they'll then send the referral to a radiology office and then they are calling you to schedule. This is very frustrating and don't know why they do business like this. Fyi they tell you to fill out the forms for refusing the test, well it doesn't work. I still got calls . I checked my phones before writing this and yes I have messages calling about the testing. Next issue. My meds. After I go for my visits the NP orders meds and I have to call because they only have done half of it. The NP had ordered x_ray before my next visit in a month. Well I got a call from the office about 3days before my appt. For a mammogram not the x-ray. So I tell the person that called why am I not being scheduled for an x-ray she said she was calling that following Monday(she didn't) because she was leaving a note with the scheduler. I got a call from the radiology dept for a mammogram and a couple of days later for the x-ray. The appt for the x-ray was on the day of my follow-up. Shocker!! So on my vaccine card It was written that it was due on the same day as my follow-up. So seeing how disorganized this was becoming I call the office and speak to the office manager and she told me that x-ray doesn't get read the same day. Ok I'm thinking incomplete follow-up cause I won't have the answers to what I originally went for. Oh buy the way my appt was written on my card for one time then they call to confirm for another time. I call they tell me I'm in for a earlier time and didn't have time for the time I had originally asked for. So when I spoke to the office manager she tells me no problem come for the time I originally asked for. So I thought fine all was handled. I get a call 10 min later that my vaccine is schedule for the next day of my follow-up and that is what she had on paper. And I told her I had a different date and to speak to the office manager that we had spoken. I call her back she said no worries. So on her end it was set up . My office visit: I go in I check in they tell me I'm all set have a seat. I get called on time for my x-ray then I sit patiently waiting to see what's coming first my follow-up or my vaccine. I checked in at about 2:05 - 2:10pm. It was 3:40pm I was still sitting there patiently people coming in and out and I'm sitting out there. So finally I get up and ask the front desk whats going on. OMG. They all looked at each other clueless and just asked if I had not been called. At that point I just said to give me my shot and i going home. So within no time things got moving so they call me in for the vaccine and the person doing it was no where to be found. I waited another 15min till she appeared. All she said was that she was with a pt. I guess I was a nuisance not pt. Really funny. Then she gave me the shot she told me to wait and because I was already annoyed I was leaving and because they saw this the assistant was waiting to bring me in. Then the asst called me to finally take my vitals. At this point it was about 4:20pm. The NP was very helpful and her assistant. As well. She was concerned because my blood pressure was very elevated. I shouldn't have to go to a providers office and leave sick. I told the NP to call me if she ever gets to see my xray results . I did asked the front desk to please fax some labs to one of my Dr.s and they did while I was there. I've lost total confidence in this office and am seriously thinking taking my business else where. Very dissapointed.

User's recommendation: Read reviews and look somewhere else. I've been patient. Got tired.

ID
Lakeland, Florida
Service
Customer Service Profiles Customer Care
Preferred solution
Improve in customer service and don't put you on hold for 11min.

Heartless and inept physician

I went to American family care yesterday with severe trigeminal neuralgia pain. This was the worst pain of my life. My neurologist is unavailable probably because it's Easter weekend. My attack has lasted 3 days with the most intense pain that i literally want to die. Doctor wstkins tried to give me a script for a drug that I've taken about 4 years ago and no longer effective. He did give me a pain shot that gave me some relief until 3am this morning. I called this so called doctor and he said that I would either have to suffer the Easter weekend and wait till Monday to call my neurologist or go the ER. He would not give me anything to get me through the weekend just to take the edge off the pain. I've never experienced the cold hearted nature of a physician and he's absolutely unqualified and doesn't deserve any respect. This *** clearly forgot the hypocratic oath. Maybe if I were white I would've been taken seriously. Dr. Watkins will one day be on the other side of the table and I wish him a better doctor than he was to me. Allowing me to suffer is criminal and I have not been able to function for 3 days. But.who cares that I am literally in agony suffering the worst pain of my life, begging for any help. The only compassion I recieved was from the staff. I would rather kill myself than see this cross eyed clown again. I don't care if I'm on the *** of death, I'll drive across town before I see him again. Thanks for failing a person who came to you for help and you could only provide the option to suffer until Monday or pay $100 dollar copay to go to emergency. You deserve a special place in ***
ID
Pelham, Alabama
Service
American Family Care Neurology Doctor
Reason of review
Poor customer service

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article