Unresponsive to voicemails & emails

I wanted to enroll on the CDC class in order to take the exam and become a certified dental coder. However, I had some questions, so I called to speak with someone and was on hold for 20 minutes until the call went directly to a voice mail. I left a vm, but no one called back. I attempted muliple calls, Voice mails, & emails. I eventually gave up because a company that doesn't email or call you back, are not professional and possible not a legit company.
#1918460

I am also want to make some questions before being enrolled in the course, and they sent me a link where I have to pay by Credit Card $5 in order to answer my questions, very disappointed

Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Poor customer service

Horrible, unprofessional, horrible !!!

I signed up for the CDC online certification program with the American dental coder association in November 2016. I had to call this place numerous times, also placed a claim with the BBB in Arizona. My class was 16 weeks, 1250.00 plus 300.00 books I had to buy separately. I had to call them the start day of the class, which was January 6 9 2017 to tell them that I couldn't log on to the classroom. I had to call this place 100's of times because they were not posting the work, or tests or quizzes. Finally after 16 weeks, I finished the classes, and now they were updating their website, phones were down, emails were down for months, and months. Finally in July I could leave a message, wasn't allowed to email, because they kicked me off of that. Still haven't heard a word, and I have called every month, once a week, left messages, and still nothing. The website has a phone number now, and I called today November 14 and left a message.
Phoenix, Arizona
Cons
  • Over priced
Reason of review
They didn't follow up to their online agreement. Wasted Money, and no certification.
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

American Dental Coders Association (ADCA) Online Class is a Waste of Money

The American Dental Coders Association (ADCA) is NOT accredited by the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and has a B- rating, because it failed to respond to complaints filed against the ADCA. The course design for the online dental coding class is neither effective nor conducive to learning. The online course description on the American Dental Coders Association (ADCA website) states that “This is an intensive 8 week instructor lead, student to student interactive program. The course offers instructor time, instructional videos, student-to-student interaction through a private forum and class room time with required assignments.” However, I am disappointed at the elementary course work given with simple worksheets involving “matching word to definition and “unscrambling words” games. Student submission of the homework is NOT SECURED and their answers can be seen by all students in the “Discussion Board.” This allows for cheating where students can simply “cut and paste” their answers based on the answers posted by the previous students. Furthermore, there are no efforts by the instructors to facilitate any discussions among students and their postings. I have made several attempts to contact the course administrator to request a refund and/or file a grievance regarding the misleading online course description. It appears that the online dental coding course is run by one person who is the receptionist, instructor, Director, and Owner of the ADCA online course, and there is no legitimate process for filing a grievance.

I also experienced that no reply is given to emails and website is not working, waste of money

Hi I represent the ADCA and would like to work with you to correct this negative experience. Whatever the situation I am hopeful we can come to some resolution.

Please contact me at your leisure.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to address your concerns.

Cory

support @ a d c a o n l i n e. org

@PissedConsumer1211228

Webiste is not working, it shows under new management. ALso no reply from email you mentioned.

Hello Anonymous,

No. I decided to drop the course and did not receive a certificate or take the CDC exam.

I never got a refund either.

I decided instead to learn billing from a dental staff member with years of experience doing billing.

Did you complete the course and receive a certificate?

Did you take the CDC exam through this business too?

Your post is from 2015..,

@PissedConsumer1092458

Hi,

I decided to drop the course half-way through the course because it wasn't helpful to me. I did not pursue the certificate and did not take the CDC exam. I decided to be learn from a dental staff member who has years of experience with billing instead.

@PissedConsumer1092458

you should respect peoples money,time and interest.

View more comments (6)
Santa Clara, California
Cons
  • Online dental coding course
  • Lack of professionalism
  • Customer service
Bad quality
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article