Unresolved Issue with dealership on my Equinox

I have had my Equinox for approx 20 months. I love it but unfortunately I have had a lot of issues with it. I purchased it at American Chevrolet in Muncie, IN. I started having issues with the oil being low approx 6 months after I had it. I would go in for a normal oil change and I would be a quart or more low. They did an oil consumption test and long story short they rebuilt my engine. This was in April 2016. Nine days AFTER they rebuilt my engine I started having issues with it again. I took it in and I was 1 1/2 quarts low. They had me come in again every 500-800 miles to have an oil consumption test again. I was still burning oil so they stated the next step would be a new engine. They contacted GM and they stated GM told them the new engine might not have the issues resolved so they wanted to wait on putting a new engine in mine because there may be a recall. Each time I go in for an oil change I am at least a quart low every time. I had to take my car in last month because I had trouble starting it and the check engine light came on. The code showed something wrong with the fuel?? When I took it in for them to look at they stated it needed a new battery and they thought the check engine light was just an error code. I also asked them to check the oil and it was a quart low AGAIN. I asked if they found out what they are going to do about my engine and they said they would have to contact GM and let me know. I have had a rental now from them for 3 week today. They still don't have an answer for me. They NEVER call me back, I have to call them. I feel they keep putting me off. I told them at this point I am done and I want them to buy back my truck. I got pre-approved for a loan to get another truck with the understanding that GM is buying back my truck. The dealership stated they thought they could make it work. When I found what I wanted they stated they would only give me $8,000 for my truck and the difference that I still owe on my loan (I owe $13,300) so they want to take $4,700 and put on my new loan. I shouldn't have to pay any of that. I have had my truck in for the same problem at least 3 times. I have spoken with several people and they said GM should buy back my truck. At this point, because of the treatment this dealership has given me, I am seriously thinking of going to Toyota or Ford. I have loved Chevy and I love my Equinox but if I'm going to be pushed to the side and this issue not be taken seriously then I will go somewhere where they want to treat me good. I have spoken to several coworkers, family and friends and they have had issues with this dealer ship also. Can you help with this issue?
ID
Muncie, Indiana
Product
2012 Chevrolet Equinox Car
Cons
  • Poorly made
  • Customer service and product quality
  • Dont care about customers
Reason of review
Poor customer service and defective product
Preferred solution
Buy back my truck and give me a good deal on new truck

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article