Ron Kontowsky at American Arms Engineering

Last year I sent a model 97 to american arms engineering to be restored and have modifications made to it. I was promised a 2-3 month turn around. I finally recieve the gun back almost 12 months later. I was charged more than agreed to. I was lied to during the process. The restoration was poor quality. After the fifth month Ron (with american arms engineering) stopped communicating with me. He would not return phone calls, he would not answer emails. Things promised: 2-3 month turn around - It took almost a year full restoration of the wood - It looks similar to the way it looked when I sent it. pictures of the process - he sent me pictures 1 time during the process just to prove it had been worked on. Agreed upon price was raised $50 - I didnt even complain because I just wanted the gun back so that I could take it to a better company. Only after recieving an email instructing them to stop work on the gun and send it back to me as is did the company respond. They immediatley told me that the gun was finished and that they would send it immediately upon recieving the check. They recieved the check, cashed the check and did not send the gun. Only after recieving 3 emails over the course of 5 days asking for a tracking number, was the package sent. Dishonest - During an email exchange I asked if the gun had been shipped because the check had been cashed 5 days earlier. The response was - "will ship immediately" The gun was not shipped for three more days. All of this occured in the middle of the business week. The gun was eventually ship through the USPS with no insurance. early on in the project I was told on several occasions that the gun needed 2 weeks before it could be finished. 9 months later the gun was done. The restoration of the gun cost over $700 dollars. The metal on the gun was scratched all over when I recieved it. I will be completely restoring the gun again myself. Lesson learned. I do not trust Ron Kontowsky or the company American Arms Engineering.

You cant find a better gunsmith than Ron. I have had him do everything from scope installs, to stock refinishing.

He is priced very fair and gets the guns back to you as quick as he dan without compromising quality. He has done at least 6 scope mounting jobs for me and they are all rock solid from eye relief to scope height in relation to barrel.

He knows his ***, and I wouldnt take my guns anywhere else. The complainer above is probably a troll from an area gunsmithing shop.

.I have never had a better gunsmith in my life. I send all my firearms to American Arms Engineering.All of them.

If you want quality,Ron provides it.If I could post a pic of all the work he has done on my firearms I would. I live in Florida and still send all my work to Ron,because I cannot find a better guy to work on my guns.He goes over and EBOVE what I pay for.......

Therefore I will continue to send ALL my guns to him. You must be an ***

View more comments (1)
ID
Hastings, Nebraska
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article