AMD Reviews

Show reviews that mention
computer graphics customer business products repair radeon issue okay card
Filter review

Verified Reviewer

My AMD Computer is driving me batty!

Hi; I've been trying all day today (September 12) to resolve an issue on my computer. It is equipped with AMD A10-5700 with Radeon HD Graphics 3.4 GHz. When I turned on my computer today, it was apparent that all icons on my home page were enlarged. I have had this problem before and usually I download a graphics file from AMD to return the icons, print, etc. to their normal size. But, today, nothing worked. I downloaded files suggested on the AMD sight but still no resolution. I even attempted to download AMD Radeon HD 5700 Graphics Driver but it failed. Other sections of my computer appear to function properly. Is there anyway someone at your end could email me a file from where I can rectify the problem. I'm 74 years of age and I would like to spend much more time on earth but if the issue doesn't go away I could very well end up in a local funeral parlor where a stranger is using his or her cosmetic skills on me.
Brantford, Ontario

5 year long AMD Fanboy, let down for 8 months

I have been trying to buy the new AMD graphics card since release day. I love AMD products. The first month I was unable to buy the card, due to stock issues. I said okay. 4 months later, still no card. I waste hours of my life every thursday waiting for the stock drop. Every thursday for over 3 months I've been let down by AMD. No fan trying to spend their hard earned money, should go through this much trouble. AMD doesn't care, because a scalper's money is the same as mine. AMD doesn't care I love their products.. This is a huge scam and I no longer will be an AMD fan if I have another month long full of ddisapointment.

User's recommendation: Do not let AMD advertisements get your hopes up. You will be let down, unless willing to pay over double MSRP. *** ridiculous.

ID
Pros
  • Good products
Cons
  • I have wasted hours of my life trying to spend money at amd
  • Will not take my money refuses to place an order
  • Do not appreciate brand loyalty
Loss
$2000
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Verified Reviewer

Resolved: I need the new AMD Ryzen 5950X Processor for my Business Customers so they can have their upgraded Desktop PC's in a timely manner. The processor has been on the Market for sale since November 2020.?

Update by user Feb 18, 2021

it's all good now thank you.

Original review updated by user Feb 18, 2021
I am a Computer Designer, Modification, and Repair Service that also Repairs tablets and laptops as well. Ever since AMD Ryzen processors came out in 2017 I've been a loyal Customer, because I knew that AMD Ryzen would be a very good processor. I've had nothing but good things to say About AMD

User's recommendation: Start demanding accountability and get these processors to the USA.

#1984750

Like I said I've had nothing but good things to say about AMD Ryzen until the 5000 series came out and the only people that have them are YouTube Tech reviewers. How about this take care of everybody 1st except me and after everyone gets their processor I'll get mine last is that okay..?

#1983772

No that is not how it works. Get in line like the rest of us.

#1984752
@PissedConsumer1983772

View more comments (2)
Resolved
ID
Pros
  • Make great computer processors
Cons
  • Amd ryzen 5000 series processors are still not available
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Problem

5700xt still getting black screen or error codes
ID
#2302081 Review #2302081 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Struthers, Ohio

Don't buy AMD ATI products for your computer!

What makes me upset is the fact that the company did not honor what was advertised on their product. When I purchased the product directly from the company, it stated a 3 year warranty. Then a year and a half later, the poor quality of the product fails on me, so I decided to request for a warranty repair. The company, AMD, tells me that my warranty has expired and also said that they have changed the warranty to only a year. My reaction was like "What?! When did this happen?". So I emailed them and they responded that the change took in effect two years before when I purchased the product. Okay, I can understand the changes, but my next question was why they didn't attach or enclose a warranty update notification along with the packaged product to let me know about the changes? This issue could have been prevented and even after addressing to them about this issue, they're not going to do anything to update the package warranty info.Talking about bad business practice! If they did update their warranty info on the package box, then it would have saved them the hassle of dealing with unsatisfied customer like myself. If the company couldn't update the package info, then at a least a notification along with the box would have been nice. Nonetheless, I'm just a customer like anyone else and I shouldn't be treated like this because it wasn't my fault to be deceived like this. Any customer would have easily fall into my situation. In conclusion, I wasted $262.36 for a poor quality graphics card, ATI Radeon 9800 Pro Mac Edition, that lasted only a year and a half. Maybe this is why the company had to cut the warranty short because they knew about the poor quality. Selling poor quality products to customer? What a bad way to earn a customer's trust. The packaged box, a product from AMD, made a promise and the company itself broke that promise without notice. What another bad way to earn a customer's trust. It's very disappointing to know that I made a bad investment, so don't buy AMD products therefore you won't end up like me. Even if you did know about the updated warranty info of AMD products, then at least consider if the quality is worth it.

To Mulch,

It's obvious that the LOSER IS YOU because you have nothing better to do than waste your time reading my complaint and what makes you look more *** is that you even came back to read my reply...ha ha ha! LMAO!

We all know you're the *** right now and you know it because, AGAIN, you're reading this message...ha ha ha! Who can look more *** than you! Talking about being "more *** than ***"! There's a term for it and I'm sure you don't have to be smart to know what that is...maybe an "***"? Well that's close enough.

Anyway, thanks for doing me the favor by looking like an ***! I didn't have to prove that you're an *** because you've already showed it to the readers...ha ha ha! You're making me laugh, so stop it already. We all know you're a dumb joke whose on the loose and not the Nazi Internet Spelling Police...ha ha ha!

Try not to miss me too much if you don't hear from me because I'm not going to be DUMB LIKE YOU to read your reply to this comment.

Stop making a fool of yourself. I know you can't help it because if you weren't a fool then you wouldn't have got this far reading my comment...ha ha ha! Okay, I won't waste anymore time on you. Thanks for reading though Mulch...you're just too easy...ha ha ha!

OH NO THE NAZI INTERNET SPELLING POLICE ARE ON THE LOOSE!!!!! Is that all you have my bad spelling, your insults and *** comments? What a loser.

To Mulch,

Thanks for your concern, but I think you should be more concern about yourself with your spelling of "warrenty" and "sware" than of my issue.

Like anybody else, I'm just expressing my experience with the company, AMD. Maybe there will be someone who can help me and that's the whole purpose of my complaint.

What about you? Looking for trouble? And besides, you're not the chairman or CEO of AMD, so what are you talking about. Maybe you might have had a good experience with the company, but not me, so I'm entitled to what I have to say.

I'll be fair with you and agree that maybe I could have look closer at the warranty, but I don't think that the company is always right and perfect without any flaws. If you think that's true, then you're kissing up too much. Or you probably work there and I don't care!

I don't think you realize the term "ignorance" means, but I can tell you what it means. In fact, you've just showed to both of us by commenting on this article.

"There should be a license for people to buy computers?" Why didn't computer companies think of this? This is really a break through idea. I think you should be the one to suggest the idea to companies that sells computers. Good luck!

YOU failed to look closer at the warrenty on the product YOU bought. You failed to understand how to use the product as needed to extend the life of the product.

I sware there should be a license for people to buy computers. Blaming a company for their own ignorance is getting really old.

View more comments (3)
Medford, Oregon

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article