Ambetter From Health Net Reviews

Show reviews that mention
insurance ambetter option number arizona states health action bill website
Filter review

Scam, sent me a bill

never signed up, have emails stating I need to sign up to activate and a few days later I receive a bill

User's recommendation: healthcare in this country is a scam but ambetter makes the scam better.

Wylie, Texas

Continued call from Ambetter even though they are not my insurance company

Ambetter continues to call me as though they are my ACA coverage even though I have had Blue Cross and Blue Shield for years. I blocked them, but they still call and burn through my prepaid minutes by leaving long messages. Why do they keep robocalling people to try to fool them into believing they are your insurance company? That was the gist of the message I listened to as it said "an urgent message about your insurance." I guess if you were an idiot you might fall for this nonsense. How do I keep them from calling without calling??

User's recommendation: Don't sign up for this company as they will never go away even when you do.

Arlington, Texas

Horrible

trying to navigate website to pick a primary care physician is almost impossible. when finally getting to where i need to go, in very round about way, I find the options of doctors is deplorable!! When I put in a zip code to get to doc selections I was given options for other states but not my own. My doctors office believes my doctor is covered yet Ambetter disputes so a mammogram which is covered now is not because of referring physician. Customer service is of no help, they just parrot whatever they are told to say. Resolutions are impossible! If you haveoptions on your insurance I would suggest steering clear. I had not option.

such night mirror insurance provider. Ambetter is the horrible health insurance you can have.

They just collet your money . no x-ray, mri, and ct scan even to see specialist.

its west of money. I will be witness if someone get them in lawsuit to take them out of business.

Type yoI hardly call that a non-responsive provider. If I ever find a law office that wants to pursue a class action lawsuit against these people, I would happily serve as a named plaintiffur message here

These sleaze-bags apparently use a random number generator to determine when they will pay claims from an in-network provider and when they won't pay. I have used the same PCP this entire year, they paid two of the claims in the middle of the year and have denied several other claims both before and after the set they paid.

They then claimed that my provider wasn't being responsive. The provider that has submitted the four denied claims a total of 17 times to date.

I hardly call that a non-responsive provider. If I ever find a law office that wants to pursue a class action lawsuit against these people, I would happily serve as a named plaintiff.

"Deplorable" is the correct word to employ when a woman has difficulty obtaining a mammogram under any circumstances. I'm not in favor of government running everything, but I would favor free mammograms to all qualifying U.S.

citizens at the recommended interval. Certainly the budget could be slashed from useless wasteful spending in whichever category is your pet peeve (mine is foreign aid) to pay for it all.

View more comments (3)
Service
Ambetter From Health Net Customer Care
Poor customer service

Verified Reviewer
Advanced Reviewer

Complete inept company with deliberate delay in claim payment

Update by user Dec 20, 2018

Still unresolved. Appeals filed through Ambetter's own appeal system on September 15, 2018 are still unacknowledged and unresolved.

The January claim has been denied 7 times and remains unpaid. The March claim has been denied 4 times and remains unpaid. Someone must have totally screwed up as somehow a miracle happened and the April claim was paid. But then, the May claim has been denied 5 times.

And the August claim has been denied once.... so far.These clowns even had the audacity to claim my provider wasn't being cooperative in getting claims filed. Filing one claim seven times apparently isn't cooperative enough for these losers!Thankfully, for 2019, there were other insurance companies on the exchange here in Phoenix. I had several other options!

One last demonstration of the incompetence of Ambetter. They sent out 2019 member id cards and evidence of coverage documents BEFORE the end of open enrollment. Had they waited, like and responsible party would, they would have discovered I made other choices for 2019.

But go ahead Ambetter, keep mailing me useless documentation. It demonstrates over and over that you should be forced out of existence!

Update by user Oct 27, 2018

Still unresolved! Can we score companies with ZERO stars?

Or, even better, negative stars? Ambetter/HealthNet/Centene would lead the world with a negative 1 billion stars!

Claims have been appealed twice now. The PCP was in-network at the time of service yet they continue to deny the claims.

Update by user Aug 17, 2018

Since this posting in May, Ambetter from HealtNet has continued to impress me with its own universe of stupidity and incompetence. Anytime you run into something that you find yourself saying there is no possible way for that experience to get more stupid, go take a look at anything Ambetter from HealthNet is doing.

In August, I received a notice saying my payment for the month was still due. I appreciate their effort to keep me informed on how stupid they can get as my payment for the month cleared 9 full calendar days before this message was sent out. In the era of electronic systems, the CEO must be proud that his system doesn't update for at least 9 days. And, as it relates to the previous notes about Primary Care Provider claims being denied and remaining unpaid: The January claim continues to be denied, so far 7 times now.

The March claim continues to be denied, so far 4 times now. And a May claim has been denied 4 times now. Yet somehow, the claims for June and July got paid. It must have been an error as I haven't seen any actual meaningful competence from this company to date.

As I have stated before, if you have any possible options other than Ambetter/HealthNet/Centene Corp., take that option, even if it is provided by satan himself. It cannot possibly be more screwed up.

Original review posted by user May 01, 2018
Ambetter from HealthNet and its parent company Centene Corporation is a monumental insurance scam. They are effectively a monopoly in Maricopa County of Arizona as they are the only company on the healthcare.gov exchange. To have any tax credits to assist in paying for the insurance, Ambetter is the only option for consumers. Since the open enrollment for 2018, Ambetter has distinguished itself for its own dimension of incompetence. First, they have sent me FIVE separate sets of ID cards with conflicting member numbers. As I am single with ZERO dependents, I never needed more than one set. Second, they have sent me FOUR copies of the Evidence of Coverage booklet. Third, they have sent me THREE sets of the Privacy Statement. Fourth, they have sent FOUR copies of the "How to Use Your Insurance" booklet. Fifth, a longstanding Primary Care Provider who is listed as in-network, has experienced a January claim being denied FOUR times to date. And, a March claim has been denied at least once so far. Sixth, the phone number for appeals listed on the Explanation of Benefits is routed to the main call center with no one able to handle appeals. Seventh, they opted to structure their company in a way where physical health and mental health are sent through different claims processing... AND... they are incapable of re-routing the claims if they appear in the wrong box. I must emphasize that this structure IS OF THEIR OWN DOING!!! No one forced them to structure their company this way. They chose this ineffective, inefficient, and utterly incompetent structure. If anyone knows a sure fire way of bankrupting an insurance company and force it into total liquidation with ALL employees, executives and director being FIRED.... please let me know.
Tempe, Arizona
Cons
  • Everything negative 5 million stars
Bad quality
Loss
Preferred solution
I DEMAND THAT MY INSURANCE CLAIMS BE PAID IMMEDIATELY! Even if someone has to get off their butt and walk the claim through the process, my PCP is to be paid IMMEDIATELY!

Ambetter Fraud

Ambetter was forced on us through Indiana marketplace via Obamacare!!! They pay Nothing!!! Class action lawsuit is the only thing they will understand!

I completely agree that they need to be slapped with a massive class action lawsuit! The sooner this happens and the sooner regulators get serious, the sooner we can drive this company out of existence!

There are absolutely zero redeeming qualities with this company and all of its management. There is no fix for the degree of fraud and sleaze other than sending all the executives to jail and dissolving the company!

Problems with payment

Verified Reviewer
Advanced Reviewer

Ambetter = Incompetent sleaze bags

Update by user Feb 03, 2018

As long as Centene Corp (parent company of Ambetter and Healthnet) remains in business, my review remains unresolved. The only other thing this company can do would be write me a check for several million dollars so that I never need to use a health insurance company ever again. These people only exist because our legal system is impotent in holding fraudulent companies responsible for their actions!

Original review posted by user Jan 04, 2018
I have had the misfortune of dealing with Ambetter in both Washington State and Arizona. The incompetence permeates this company for any activities with its policyholders. The only thing this company does with any skill is conspiring to create monopolies in the states in which it offers insurance. In Maricopa County of Arizona, Ambetter was the ONLY option on the health exchange. This isn't by accident. The insurance industry has been conspiring together to maximize the number of communities where there is NO COMPETITION! A couple of months ago, I received a bill from Ambetter that included part of the Washington State policy that ended in 2016 and information from a 2017 policy in Arizona. I had to report the issue to the Insurance Commissioners, Attorneys General, and the FTC to get this sleazy company to fix their error. Today, I spent over half an hour waiting on hold to get my account reset because THEY DECIDED TO SETUP A NEW WEBSITE!!!! Through no action of my own, they created this site and it wouldn't allow me to log in and wouldn't recognize my information. When I tried to reset the password, it confirmed the email that I have been using for the ID since I opened the policy in 2017. At this point, I will NOT call any of there call centers ever again. I call the corporate line for the parent company Centene Corp.. Assuming these incompetent clowns can restore access to my account tomorrow, they will be notified that I will not even call them on any problem going forward. Any issue no matter how big or how small, I will be filing complaints with the Insurance Commission, the Attorney General, and Federal Trade Commission. I'm not going to play their games anymore and then can answer for their behavior through having to respond to the various regulatory agencies. For good measure, I may start copying my Congresswoman and Senators just to put it on record. If there was a way for the policyholders to force this company into receivership and full, total liquidation; I would happily participate in that effort. If we could get the Executive sent to prison or death row, I'm game for that too!
Service
Ambetter From Health Net Customer Care
Pros
  • That chimpanzees would run their it system better
Cons
  • Monopoly
  • Leadership
  • People
complete company-wide INCOMPETENCE
Loss
Preferred solution
Ambetter purchase full coverage insurance from another company to cover my health needs and remove me from their completely incompetent system.

Brands Related to Ambetter From Health Net

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article