Amalfis - Worst Dining Experience Ever!

After calling 30 minutes ahead and then waiting in person for 90 minutes (and watching people that arrived AFTER us get seated BEFORE us), I asked the hostess nicely if we could push 2 tables together. She said she would ask. A few minutes later the manager/owner came over and asked if I had a problem. I said that we had arrived BEFORE the party of 6 that had just been seated and he said that our party of 8 (6 adults and 2 small children) could not fit at that table. I said that we would be happy to "squeeze in" since the only difference was 2 small children and since we had been waiting so long. He said "No, we cannot do that" in a rather belligerent tone. I said okay then would it be possible to push 2 empty tables (for 4) together and he flatly refused stating that he "runs this restaurant - not me!" I was absolutely flabbergasted! To be treated like that as a patron in a supposedly fine dining establishment is completely shocking to say the least. I don't know why anyone would spend their money in a place that treats their customers with such disrespect. With this guy in the kitchen its caveat emptor for your entrée if he's in a bad mood or you ask a simple question about getting seated. Check out some other reviews and you'll see what I mean about this guy…
#198080

I refuse to wait for a table. There are thousands of restraunts.

If the hostess ssays "only 15 minutes" triple that number and then leave. They lie. Call ahead, make reservations, go when you know it is not busy....do whatever it takes to not waste time wqaiting on a table when there are plenty other places to go.

Like home. If I made reservations, and then had to wait a second over 5 minutes (because I AM reasonable) I would leave after POLITELY but FIRMLY letting them know they failed their commitment to the reservation.

#198022

HA HA! Strange sense of humor and too much time on your hands (obviously) to comment on something you know nothing about!

The establishment is owned by a single proprietor. Here’s a suggestion - Get a life!

View more comments (1)
ID
#201666 Review #201666 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Marietta, Georgia

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article