map-marker Toronto, Ontario

Altima is a thief and dishonest provider.

When they were FLASH, never had a problem for almost 5 years . When Altima took over last year, nothing but trouble saying that you didn't pay when you already paid, even when you show them proof, different online employees you have to contend with from different countries who are saying different things .

They write to you requesting money owed till you get pissed off . Now you try to cancel and they create new invoices and said that you cant cancel until you pay what you owe . They even threaten with collections . Whaaat .

DO NOT USE ALTIMA. The worst canadian service provider. A thief, crook.

They need to be shut down immediately. Serious.

User's recommendation: no no no . dont use them please

Adin Glw

Scamming canadian citizens

Altima is a scam. They switch you from Flash to Altima then send you invoices even though you have paid. They wont allow you cancel their service without sending you past invoices you have already paid and future invoices. Then threaten to take you to collections if you dont pay. Stay away from Altima Telecom. They are scamming canadian citizens.
Loss:

Preferred solution: cancel service

User's recommendation: never get Altima telecom

Cyberia

| map-marker Calgary, Alberta

Not at all impressed.

My internet keeps going down for no reason. They sent me a new router which didn't solve the issue so after spending 2+ hours on the phone with them where the woman treated me like an absolute idiot, we finally got it working but it still kept going down for minutes at a time.

While I was on that call, I was missing a meeting and I could NOT understand the woman I was speaking so out of frustration I dropped an F bomb saying that this was absolutely ridiculous that I've been on the phone for over 2 hours and she just kept getting me to repeat the same steps over and over. Then I got the lecture about verbal abuse... Whatever, the woman even told me she was conferring with tech support regarding the issues, so who exactly was I talking to? Why not transfer me to tech support to begin with?

Once again, I am on hold with them for the same reason.

I work from home 3 days a week and I need a stable connection, especially for meetings. Damned if I'm going to lose my work at home privileges because they can't provide a stable service. I have had this since April 2023, it is now Oct 2023 and this is an ongoing issue. Today alone, it's only 1030 AM and it's already gone down multiple times for a few minutes at a time.

If this isn't resolved today, I will be looking elsewhere, no reason I need to spend almost an hour trying to get thru to someone only to not have the issue resolved.

They tell me they cannot 'troubleshoot' unless my internet is down. I had to tell him it's sporadic, it was down when I called and while I was on hold, it came back up. Lots of back and forth until I threatened to cancel my service, then suddenly he's going to create a ticket for someone to come out. Fine, I told him the days I work at home, he said he'd call me back when he has an appt set up.

We'll see if they call back because that is also an ongoing issue...

I will give them this one more chance but I suspect I will be cancelling and going elsewhere as this is absolutely ridiculous at this point. I'd advise to go elsewhere for your internet needs, unless of course you like spending hours on the phone just to get the run around...

User's recommendation: Find another internet provider. Seriously.

Guest

Then go elsewhere and take your foul mouth with you. I’m sure your f bomb is noted and I doubt you will receive much help in the future.

jacqueline C Mpp

Payment denied

I keep buying things on line (I am old ...AND I CRACKED MY HIP IN JUNE ...still not near 100%)...RBC ...is watchful about unusual purchases ...so they voided my card ...I just received my new one today ...not sure what to do with regards to ALTIMA ...There is no customer service in Montreal ...should I use Toronto or Headquarters to advise about payment ...the full amount 138$(or so) THANX
Pros:
  • Quick action
Cons:
  • I am not pissed off but there is no place ask questions

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Like Family haha ...care s for older customers ALTIMA BRAVO

Resolved
Angie L Meg

| map-marker Trent Lakes, Ontario

Resolved: Would not refer this company to any friends! NO WAY

Updated by user Oct 10, 2023

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with apology.

Original review Sep 25, 2023
I have had nothing but headaches with this company and they don't have enough people to answer their phone lines and when you send three emails to ecare, you get absolutely no reply!
Pros:
  • Owned by telus
Cons:
  • Very very poor customer service

Preferred solution: Price reduction

User's recommendation: Buyer beware if you need to talk with someone... rarely happens

Veronica H Qed

| map-marker Kingston, Ontario

Because I am a pissed customer

I have been with this company since March 2023 and it is the worst service I have ever had. For starters when their representative contacted me he lied about the service I was paying for and I found out almost a month later that I was only getting 15mbps when he told me I was getting 40, so of course I had to pay more money per month than what he quoted so I could get the 40 mbps.

I went through *** for the first month as my internet was dropping almost every hour. Finally while speaking to the 3rd technician he was the one who informed me of the 15 mbps.

I did not receive any papers from the company as to my contract and I couldn't figure out why, then I found them...in my trash, now I can assure you if I am signing to a new company for anything I always print off emails I receive from them, so I was not the one who trashed them. Then I find out I am tied to this company for 2 years, unbelievable, I would never agree to this as I do tend to move quite a bit.

Now my Netflix is not working properly, I try to bring up a show and I only get a blank screen, totally fed up with this company, might be time to contact CCTS.

Cons:
  • Poor service

Preferred solution: I want them to do what they promised or let me out of my contract

User's recommendation: do not use this company

Verified Buyer
| map-marker Hamilton, Ontario

Deactivation of service

Altima Telecom - Deactivation of service
On sep 12 I called to cxl service effective sept 18, info was given to customer service. At end of conversation I was advised that someone from another dept would call me, all I received was email asking me to complete survey, done. At this point I need confirmation service was cxl, I also need pkg and address to return your products. Acct # AL00087227****

User's recommendation: Do not expect customer service to answer your call, not happening

map-marker London, Ontario

Service is terrible

My tv stills sticks and doesnt stream smoothly. My internet is terrible,, cant even do a FaceTime call without it dropping. Very unhappy with this priduct

User's recommendation: Negative

map-marker Toronto, Ontario

Technical support

I received a new box for internet and it is not speedy and I don't receive connection in bedroom. Also I connected my phone to the box but it's not working

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article