One Very Pissed Customer

Update by user Feb 24, 2014

I'm not usually the type of customer to complain and raise a stink, but this is a huge issue, $355 is a lot of money, I feel scammed and robbed. The owner has expressed to me that he feels the damage is my fault (for not doing something he never told me I should do), and that he'll be glad to repair it if he can squeeze another $60 per hour from me. Biggest lesson learned here, if you're paying for an auto repair out of your own pocket, FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS GOOD AND HOLY, GET EVERYTHING IN WRITING!!!!!

Original review posted by user Feb 24, 2014
I took my car to be fixed here, the issue was the mount that had held up my wiper was broken off, I took it here to be repaired, welded back on. The price I agreed on; $355, was the price I was charged, I agreed to that price because in my opinion it is a reasonable price for their type of job being done, if it is done correctly. I was under the impression that it would be welded on and reinforced, because there was missing metal (which I was told verbally, my mistake was not getting it in writing). All that was done was the original piece, which was agreed was missing metal, was welded back on. After the repair was done, I saw the repair and was not happy with it, it didn't look like a satisfactory job for the price. So, I spoke to the owner, he insisted that it was a quality job and that it would hold, he said (and I have a witness to back me up) that he would redo the weld if it broke, he also instructed me to paint the weld so it wouldn't rust, which was good advice, so I did that and I went on my way. It is now four months later, (I have only used my wipers a few times since it has been fixed because it hasn't rained much) and the weld is starting to break. I went back to the shop and spoke to the owner again, he said it was my fault because I did not have a certain piece in there holding it on (which I have no memory of him saying, but he might have said), and he told me to get the part and call him back when I wanted to schedule a time to get it fixed, so I got the part (even after I installed it though, I tested it and still saw the exact same issue, the weld flexing and cracking, it didn't make a difference), but he said he would fix it up, no estimate (verbal or written), no quote, no mention of cost in any way, shape or form. So, when I scheduled a time to come back, I filled out some paperwork, read through it, and again, no mention of cost anywhere, as I was signing, however, he told me there would be a charge of $60 per hour, and at first I felt embarrassed to say no so I agreed to let him gouge me for more money, then once I returned from the restroom, I had politely told him I changed my mind and that I can't really afford it (which I can't), I didn't say anything else to avoid making a scene. I no longer want my vehicle serviced by this establishment, and I DO NOT recommend this place under any circumstances, even if your insurance is paying for it. If for some reason, you still feel compelled to go here, get EVERYTHING THEY SAY/AGREE TO IN WRITING, I REPEAT, EVERYTHING. UPDATE 11/22/13: I even escalated this to the Better Business Bureau and the owner still passed off the breakage as my fault and refused to help me. I have filed a claim with the Federal Trade Commission and I'm considering taking this snake to small claims court. He doesn't care the slightest bit in helping me because he already has my money. It's sad that I would have to jump all these hoops to get my money back for a repair I never got to begin with. He knows it too, he just has no integrity of any kind. I will update this review as needed to add any necessary information. UPDATE 02/05/14: No action of any kind taken from the owner. Nothing. They have my money. That's $355 I'm never getting back. I hope he's happy, ripping off a college student, paying his own tuition on a less than $10k a year income. Please don't go here, I want the owner to pay, I want this horrible place to go out of business. Oh, and, I had a friend look at it, who is a certified mechanic and engineer, and he found rust underneath the structure, something they never even mentioned to me, which tells me that the person who evaluated the damage clearly half-assed it if he somehow didn't find it. These people will lie to you and cheat you just to make a dollar! I have no problem with businesses making a profit, I love free enterprise, but the way this business makes it's money is unethical, and probably illegal.
ID
Bremerton, Washington
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article