Sears Optical Department

My wife and I purchased eyeglasses at the Altamonte Mall facility in Florida in June 2009. In August 2009, the arm or "temple" literally fell off. We have made numerous attempts to have the glasses repaired. Per the on-site (and rude) personnel, there is NO warrantee on eyeglasses. We even took a photo fo the sign above the entry to the store that reads "Satisfaction Guaranteed or your money back", displayed this for them and asked for our money back. The manager simply said "we can only offer money back on items that are not broken". Obvioulsy, an arguement arose and all the staff could do to help was refer us to a jeweler that "may" be able to help at our own expense. We find it absolutly ludicris that any supplier of any manufacturer's equipment would refuse to warrantee the product they carry or that the management would refuse to return our money for defective equipment. I would strongly suggest that nonone bother wasting their money shooping at Sears unless they do not care if the product they purchase falls apart within a couple of months of the sale. Do not expect "corporate" nor the on-site staff to give a *** about you.
#352023

I agree Sears Optical in Hicksville is awful. They don't run it right. Goodbye Sears

#352021

Yeah, stay away from grey haired pony-tail guy at Sears. No help at all.

#352019

New York Sears Optical is no better. I even had paid for an insurance on the frames/lenses!

Frame arm broke. Told me frame not in stock but would call me in 2 days if he could not locate them. I called after 3 days to find he went on vacation and I am still without glasses that I paid for and insured now 7 days later! Now I will have to go back and pick another frame, etc.

They could care less. He even waited on me while talking on a cell phone! When I called to complain, He is the optical manager, there is not one to voice a complaint with. Forget the International phone #, they are idiots and you get nada from them!

Useless call. You are stuck as the optical is separate from Sears.

They don't back you up. So why call it 'Sears Optical', Call it "***'s Optical at Sears"

Hicksville, NY

About

Altamonte Mall Terms of Service
To read more: https://www.altamontemall.com/en/privacy-and-terms.html
Altamonte Mall Privacy Policy
This Privacy Statement and Terms of Use (collectively the "BP MGMT Agreement") is provided by Brookfield Properties Retail Inc. ("BP MGMT," Website" Company's" or Website) and communicates details and terms concerning Altamonte Mall's' marketing programs including email and texting programs, Company's mall mobile applications (collectively the "Club/App Programs"), mall websites, digital platforms, and customer service survey programs, (collectively, "BP MGMT Sites, Survey, & Club/App Programs"). BP MGMT provides these marketing and customer service survey programs to Brookfield Property REIT Inc. ("BPR") and its affiliates. By registering to receive marketing emails or texts from Website completing a survey with The Customer's contact information, registering with BP MGMT, or using any of the above services or programs on a BP MGMT platform that posts this document, The User of company services agree to the terms of this BP MGMT Agreement and to comply with such terms. Please read the Privacy Statement and Terms of Use carefully as they contain important information, including how any disputes between The User of company services and BP MGMT must be resolved through arbitration or small claims court. Altamonte Mall translate this BP MGMT Agreement into other languages; any inconsistencies among the different versions will be resolved in favor of the English version.
To read more: https://www.altamontemall.com/en/privacy-and-terms.html
Summary

Altamonte Mall was founded in 1954 by Bucksbaum brothers, Martin and Matthew. Altamonte Mall features the following services and amenities as ATM , Children's Play Area ,Copy/Fax Service, Family Restroom ,Lost and Found ,Lottery Tickets , Mall Gift Cards ,Nursing Lounge ,Safety Escorts ,Soft Seating Area and other. Altamonte's 160 specialty store line-up includes Abercrombie & Fitch, Ann Taylor Loft, Banana Republic, White House Black Market, Gap, Gymboree, Hollister Co., Mayors, Build-A-Bear Workshop and Barnes and Noble Booksellers. The corporate office of the company is based at
451 East Altamonte Drive Altamonte
Springs, Florida, 32701. The customer service is available at (407) 215-5100 and fax (407) 215-5125 Monday through Saturday from 10:00am to 9:00pm and Sunday 12:00pm until 6:00pm or via email using the web site of the company.

Altamonte Mall reviews and complaints
Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article