Garage Door Tune Up

Have you been driving around Jacksonville and seen those little "Free Garage Door Tune Up" signs in the medians and on the side of the road with the phone number 904-588-**** on them? THIS IS A SCAM! It's a husband and wife team who will use the "tune up" to your garage door as an excuse to case your garage and home. They will come back later and steal all your belongings. Don't fall for this. They will "tune you up" all right. Be smart, there is nothing for free in this world. Don't learn the hard way.

I have to say that I took advantage of the free garage door tune-up earlier this year, and couldn't be happier with the result. My garage door is working great.

After the tuneup, I did go online and do some research and found a negative comment which had me worried at the time.

However, I just found out today that my kid goes to school with someone whose dad is the one that had been removing the signs and making disparaging comments online. I felt compelled to come on here and set things straight that the service was great, and I'll definitely be calling Quality Door when I have a need for a major repair.

Trust me on this, Peter Snavley (the owner of Quality Door Company and the guy running this scam) is one smooth talker and he will try his best to talk his way into your home and garage, and then try to upsell you on "required work" or "garage door maintenance to make your children safe" and thus worm his weaselly way into your wallet or pocketbook. If that doesn't work, he'll try coercion.

Then as soon as you have the smallest of disagreements with him, he'll get all crazy angry and temperamental and try to intimidate you. He actually got in my face and threatened physical violence!

Steer clear of this bad apple! He and some of his family are going to get arrested soon for online threats of rape and violence made in another thread to one of his former garage door customers, Google his name and you'll see it.

We thought we needed a new door. So we called A1A Overhear Garage Doors of Jacksonville and the guy said the door could not be fixed and that we needed a new door.

The good price he was willing to give us was $1,700.00. We next called Precision Overhead Garage Door Service. They wanted 1,965.00. We even called this company called Affordable.

Not so affordable! On July 6th my husband seen a sign about a free garage door tune up. We called. Peter came out that same evening.

Took one look at the door and said it will cost $425.00 to fix the door and to get it running like new. What a SHOCK it was to hear that our door could even be fixed! We were told by all the other compines that we needed a new door and that ours could not be fixed. Peter came to our house the next evening.

He cut up some 2x4s and fixed both ends of the door. He put bracing on our door (six braces) and put two new springs on top of the door. Our door has never worked this good. Peter is a man of honor.

We neeed more businessmen like him.

Peter called me about these postings today.

I am sad to see Peter wanting to fight these other guys.

Peter, say no more to anyone on this site. Your good work will always follow you and people like me will spread the good news about you.

#320933

That's it Peter!!

I'm not scared of you decrepit old man!!

I'll call your cellular # this week and we're going to settle things, you and your sucky little joke of a company ripped me off the first time but now it's time to make things right! :( :( :( :( :(

#319844

You computer COWARDS !!!! Hey Neighbor, if your ***-*** knows that I have a 420 going on - how come you have not called the law ???

Listen you coward goofs, enough computer talk - let us do some good ol' southern fighting!!!

You cowards game ???? Please - make my whole *** year !!!!

I've heard about the "free garage door tune up" scam happening in other big cities! Basically the guy tells you he's "balancing and lubricating" the garage door but as part of this procedure he sets it so it's really easy to break into.

While he's at your house he cases the place and all your belongings, then goes home and tells his brothers and homies where you live and what you have. Then they watch your house and while you're at work, voila, all your stuff magically disappears!!

I live in the same neighborhood as Peter Snavley, he has 3 big dogs who bark all hours of the night and day, one of 'em is a pit bull. I hear them dog fights from his backyard, and he has a large 420 growing operation, would you let him into your house to do any work???

Peter Snavley, 51 years old, from Jacksonville, was left by his wife when she caught him committing *** with his 12 year old niece! :cry :( :x :eek :? :roll

I am the owner of Quality Door Service and I am the one who puts out those little signs that say "Free Garage Door Tune_Up with my 588-**** phone number. I am not even married !!!

Hey, this was a garage door company who posted this and that is why they are anonymous. Cowards !!! Other garage door companies have hated the free garage door tune-up since I came out with it in 1994 !!! To see what I do in a FREE garage door tune up, go to You Tube and type in Freegaragedoortuneup and watch !!!

The other compaines Will NOT DO NOTHING free for you. Watch my video and learn.

View more comments (8)
ID
#194141 Review #194141 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Jacksonville, Florida

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article