Sorry about your Loss and unfortunate turn of events.

I'm really sorry you had a bad experience. I work in home health care and I have to tell you that hip injuries in older patients will most always cause a rapid decline. Your doctor was not telling a lie when he said that it is something that happens. Doctors may be able to perform a routine operation and everything turn out fine, but in most cases it does not and it isn't a reflection of the doctor just the sad fact that hip injuries tend to kill the patient. That is why when hip injuries occur in the older folks, they try to be as quick as possible with treatment because it is such a dangerous thing to the patients health. Whoever told you that it was the fault of the doctors was telling the lie or was obviously new amd not well versed on hip injuries. Hip injuries kill! End of story. Running doctors names through the mud over something beyond their control will not bring your father back or help him. He suffered one of the unfortunate injuries that will cause a seemingly healthy individual rapid decline and die. I'm sorry that you weren't educated about this fact, but it is also unpredictable.

Your comment is 4 years after the fact. As is mine a years after yours.

Plus, it looks as though she is complaining of 3 Drs not giving her or her father the time of day after surgery.

Just stuck him in a room and after they completed their task and got the bill sent off they washed their hands of the situation. I assume you are in the medical field and have no compassion just as the Drs she is speaking of.

Reason of review
Poor customer service

Do not use this hospital

I would like to talk a little about the hospital Alleghany Regional in Low moor Virginia.Now it is called Lewis gale Alleghany Regional.I would advise anyone needing anything done to not use this hospital.The (so called) healthcare professionals in this hospital are a joke.They have some cna's who do not even know how to take a temperature or bloodpressure and are only working there because they have a family member working there.The hospital rooms are dirty some have holes in the walls.The bathrooms are from the 1970's and the showers look like they have never been cleaned out.Their Iv pumps are nothing but junk and also from the 1980's they barely work and beep constantly and always have problems.When you complain about things that have went wrong and are very serious you may as well be talking to a wall.No person wants to take responsibility and blame is pushed from one to the other.Staff will lie to your face and try and cover for one another even when you have stood and seen something happen with your own eyes and told them about it.They have a cna who is over 80 years old and clearly unable to do the full duty of a cna.Various machines in the rooms are broken or do not work properly this includes suction machines and air conditioners.This is a hospital to avoid if at all possible.Sometimes in an emergency situation we have no choice but I would recommend if you must use this hospital you watch the staff carefully and this most certainly includes the doctors.

I have read that Alleghany regional hospital has been "rated" among the nations best hospitals for patient safety.

The hospital was graded on how well it protected patients from preventable medical errors, injuries and infections within the hospital.

I would laugh at this article which stated the above quote if it were not such a sick joke!!

This makes me really wonder how a hospital which allows doctors to perform botched surgeries on patients that result in their death can be awarded such things.

Then when the family questions the doctors, former hospital CEO as well as nurse's in the hospital they get lies lies and more lies even from HCA's PR representative in the form of a letter which the family still has.

I will give an example of how this so called hospital works hard to prevent medical errors.

I know a patient that with in the hospital there within the last 2 months and when this patiens was released they were released with the IV port still in their arm. They were walked downstairs by a RN to get into a car that was waiting. The hospital then called the patients home and asked that the patient come back over 20 miles to have the port removed.

The patient removed the port safely at home themselves. This is a hospital to avoid period!

I understand alleghany regional has "won" yet another award along with the other hospitals which carry the name lewis gale.

I joke when I say won because anyone with any experience with alleghany regional knows money certainly must have something to do with the so called rewards it gets.

You can speak to anyone in the area where the hospital is and you will only find positive comments from those who work there themselves or have close family who do.

This is a hospital where patients are allowed to have botched surgeries that result in their death only to have the mistakes covered up by other doctors at alleghany regional.

This is a hospital where certain people are allowed to have their debts wiped off even though they do not qualify for free services in any way.

This is a hospital that if a truly random drug test were done half the workers would most likely be gone. This is a hospital to avoid if at all possible and should you have a loved one in alleghany regional make sure you stay with them night and day. I say this as someone who experienced first hand what the so called healthcare professionals there are like.

I recently saw a topic on the covington Va topix website about Alleghany regional hospital and felt I should comment about it once again.I can not stress enough how dangerous it is for you or a loved one to have any surgery or even stay overnight in Alleghany regional hospital.There are cna's who can not even take a blood pressure and are only working there because of their parents who work there.The hospital CEO is a joke and does not answer any of your complaints at all.The hospital staff make fun of him and talk about what a joke he is.So many of the workers there are on drugs and it is OBVIOUS at night especially if you stay with your loved one which I would STRONGLY encourage you to do.The nurses do not care about the patients at all and neither do most of the doctors.Most of the workers at Alleghany regional are only there for a paycheck and it is so very obvious.Both doctors and RN's will lie right to your face especially if you catch them in a mistake.Workers make fun of patients openly and where others can hear this.Alleghany regional is the worst hospital around and you can even hear this from doctors 2 hours away at University of virginia hospital.Most of the doctors there are not any good but the 2 worst are dr Barry scott Brown and doctor clare D Weidman by far.Most of Alleghany county is curious as to how Alleghany regional receives the "awards" it gets.You can talk to 99% of the population in the area and they will tell you the exact same things I just said UNLESS they have family working there or are one of the people I am talking about.Many people believe money is involved in the "awards" Alleghany regional gets.Do not waste your time looking at the facebook page of the hospital as it is nothing but a HUGE sick joke designed to create the illusion as if the hospital is just one big family and a wonderful place to be and nothing could be more far from the truth.Do not waste your time sending letters to their offices either as you will get letters back which are filled with pure 100% lies by people like Cheryl Dressler as I did when I complained.When I wrote back and infromed the company that the entire letter was one big lie I got no response at all.The bottom line is this is a hospital to avoid if at all possible. In some dire emergency you may have to go there but PLEASE go to Carilion or UVA if possible.Do not make the same mistake my family and I did by using this hospital as your loved one may enter Alleghany regional one way and come out almost dead as did my family member.

Alleghany regional hospital in low moor Va is also a hospital which allows fraud to be comitted in regards to their reduced rate services.I personally know of people who have went to Alleghany regional hospital and their bills have been wrote off by the hospital even when they do not qualify for reduced rate services.I called an HCA number in richmond and was told there was no one I could report this fraud to.These people who I personally know went to the billing office in alleghany regional and that is where their bill was completely wrote off.This is not right especially when this woman and her husband own several hundred acres of land in bath county,own vehicles,own their own home and make an income which is far above the criteria listed on HCA or alleghany regionals websites for reduced rate services.These 2 people also have insurance.

There was also something else that happened while my father was a patient there that I find interesting.My father was a patient on the 3rd floor.One evening I could hear a woman up the hall yelling very loud.This went on for about an hour.I walked up the hall past the room and looked in and saw a woman who appeared to be in her 50's in the bed in the room.The womans room was only about 3 rooms away from my fathers.The woman was yelling many different things one of which was help me.Later that evening I heard several people talking in the hall and looked out the door and saw several doctors going in and out of the womans room.Shortly after this I did not hear the woman anymore.The next morning I saw many people going in and out of her room and I heard a RN say I gave her what I was told to give her and I could obviously see that something was happening in this womans room.I asked another RN when she came in my fathers room what was going on with that womans room.The RN told me that she was given to much Haldol and was not waking up.I was beyond shocked by this.I will not write the RN's name because she was one of the few employees who I feel did her job.I did not hear anymore about the woman or what happened to her.This is a hospital that needs more than a few eyes on it.If you have a family member or friend who is in this hospital it is important that you stay with them to make sure paid employees are doing their job correctly.

An xray was done on my father while I stood in the hall and watched.A few hours later I asked his R.N. named Amy on the 3rd floor had she got the results of his xray.She looked at me and said my father did not have an xray.I said yes he did.She said no he did not and that the xray tecs were not even on the floor at all.I said yes he did and I stood in the hall and watched them do it.She then said nothing else and left the room.I could hear her in the hall ask another employee if the xray staff had been on the floor.

Amy told this woman she did not know if they had or not because they were "slammed" that morning.I did not hear anything else from Amy about the xray.Later that night I asked my fathers R.N.

on night shift if she knew anything about his results from his xray.She looked at me strange and said that the results would not be back until monday.She then went to the nurse station which was right across the hall and asked another R.N. named lavonne about it.The RN named lavonne came into my fathers room and told me That she understood that my fathers RN from day shift and xrays tecs had already talked to me about it.I said this is a lie as it most certainly was.Lavonne then looked at me in a snide way and said it was done on the wrong person and walked out of the room.I complained to HCA corporate as well as the CEO and head nurse of Alleghany regional and nothing was done.This hospital should be shut down as it is the worst I have ever seen and you can find many many others in the area who agree and I have even heard this from doctors from other areas.If mistakes like this are done and you can stand and watch it happen yet you can hardly get staff to admit it you can just imagine the other things that go on in this hospital that no one sees.

I just love how it is asking you to try and contact HCA corporate before posting complaints on here that is a laugh.When you contact HCA corporate in Nashville TN with very serious complaints about doctors other staff members obvious lies etc you will get a letter as I did which is nothing but one lie after another and obviously so.I wish this site would allow me to upload a copy of the letter I recieved from a woman named Cheryl Dressler because I would certainly upload a copy of it.

I know people who work in this hospital and yes it is just as bad as this person described.If a RANDOM drug test was done regulary half the staff would be gone.

No I am someone who knows first hand about this place from having a family member in it and I am trying to warn others who may not be aware what kind of place it is.

View more comments (10)
Waynesboro, Virginia

Clare D Weidman Do not use this doctor!!

DO NOT ALLOW WHAT HAPPENED TO MY FATHER TO HAPPEN TO YOURS Do not listen to what you have heard about this "man" or "dr.".This dr. is not professional or even decent.What this man did with my father was nothing short of MALEPRACTICE and the truth deserves to be told.My father was a 65 year old man in relatively good health who fell one night on his way to the bathroom and broke his hip.This was on july 12th 2010.My father had hip surgery to place a trochanteric fixation nail in his hip.My mother and I were told by DR.Weidman and his son Corey that the surgery my father was having was very simple and routine and would only take about 40 or 45 mins.My father was gone for over 2 hours including "recovery".My mother asked several times if everything was ok since my father was gone longer than we were told.The hospital staff told my mother yes everything was ok.When my father finally did come back to his room he was asleep.After this simple and routine surgery my father never woke and was himself but one time for about 3 hours.My father was in Alleghany regional hospital (where dr.weidman works)for 11 days.My father slept for at least 22 or 23 hours a day my mother and I would have to keep him awake long enough to feed him 3 meals a day.After the surgery for a few days my father was on pain meds my mother and I thought that may be making him sleep.We asked that he be taken off these meds his condition did not improve he still slept 22 or 23 hours a day.We never saw dr.weidman again after the surgery but his son corey did walk by my fathers room about 4 or 5 times a day.My mother and I asked my fathers primary care physician DR.Barry Scott brown WHY IS MY FATHER STILL ASLEEP to which DR.Brown replied I DO NOT KNOW WHY HE IS STILL ASLEEP.My father was kept in Alleghany Regional hospital for the 11 days on about the 8th day dr.Brown said we may be interested in putting my father on hospice I WAS SHOCKED my father was never diagnosed with anything that would cause him to be dying within a few weeks or months (unless DR.brown and Dr.weidman knew something that we were not told)These 2 DR's Dr.Brown and Dr. weidman never once offered to refer my father to a more experienced DR. or a better hospital I had to ASK that my father be given an MRI AND CATSCAN DR.Brown acted as if this was a waste of time and said that it would not show anything (as if he knew this already).We were told by DR.Brown that this is something that happens.You do not have to be a DR to see that something obviously happened to my father durning surgery.I asked NUMEROUS people that work in the hospital in many different positions if what happened to my father was normal and I was told NO.I was told by one person that I asked that they had seen (in their job) people come into the hospital with alzheimers and dementia so bad that they did not know who or where they were and that these people had surgery and came out in better condition that my father this person said NO THIS IS NOT NORMAL AND SOMETHING OBVIOUSLY HAPPENED TO YOUR FATHER DURNING SURGERY.My father before surgery was a functional person he went everywhere I went vacation,restaurants,stores etc.My father could carry a conversation and had rational thought he dressed himself,fed himself,bathed himself etc.After this simple surgery my father was completely bedridden and incontinent he never walked or even stood up he could not feed himself and after a short period of time had to have a feeding tube.My father suffered and died because something went wrong (or happened) durning his surgery and it was covered up by the surgeon,anesthesiologist,nurses,and his primary care DR. These people know very well what happened during by fathers surgery but instead of being decent humans and admitting what happened so that my family and I could know and possibly my father's condition could have improved no these people have tried to conceal the truth and allowed a man to suffer and die.I also have a cousin that was a woman in her 70's that went to this man DR.Weidman at about the same time as my father.My cousin had surgery on her ankle and it was never right so she had to go to Roanoke Memorial to have it done over.I would like to ask anyone who reads this to really think about your choices for surgery AND TO REALLY CONSIDER ANOTHER HOSPITAL AND DR FOR YOUR NEEDS BESIDES DR CLARE D WEIDMAN OR DR BARRY SCOTT BROWN AND BY ALL MEANS DO NOT GO TO ALLEGHANY REGIONAL HOSPITAL.

I assume the lying sadistic incompetent "nurse" named Lavon Brown is related to the incompetent lying sadistic Dr barry Scott Brown?

Just check out the newspaper and you will see how many people die at Alleghany Hospital.

I don't know who it is that is taking up for this hospital but i can assure you that this is a dump where incompetence rules! They do not even recognize heart attacks, strokes or seizures even when it's staring them in the face.

If you want a diagnosis you might as well ask yourself because you're certainly not going to get it from this hospital. As for Lavon Brown she is one of the nastiest, arrogant so called nurses you will ever have the displeasure to meet. She acts like she is an advocate, or lawyer for certain doctors,, or possibly a body guard is probably a better term for this hateful witch. Unfortunately she now works in the ER at Greenbrier Valley Medical Center.

Just ask Dr. Smith in ARH'S ER & i'll bet he can tell anyone how vindictive this thing is. The other poster is right about this place & unless you're dying, you'd better haul *** & go somewhere else. However, be prepared to meet your maker or lose a family member & if you don't consider yourself VERY blessed.

These nurses do make fun of patients & when one nurse turns against you then you can bet your *** the others will be right behind them. Lucky survivor 7/12 I had a seizure as well & had to go somewhere else to have an EEG done because it apparently didn't cross anyone's mind there. If they don't know what's wrong with you then they'll send in a pathetic psychologist to question you because they have no clue. All you have to do is go to just about anywhere else to get a proper diagnosis.

You can have a grand mal seizure & many so called dr.s & nurses witness it & are still baffled. Unbelievable!

I even saw a man collapse in the floor and hit his head &.he was left

Lying there for several minutes so don't tell me this hospital is worth a *** to the ignorant person taking up for them. You probably work there & steal the drugs.

I would not recommend this hospital to anyone. I received terrible care & no empathy the times I had to go there & even had a seizure because of a doctor at this hospital.

Drive to Roanoke or be prepared for anything!

View more comments (3)
Waynesboro, Virginia

Hospitals, Clinics and Medical Centers Expert Talks

4th COVID Vaccine, Monkeypox, Mask-Optional Policy

Jan 6, 2022

Who may need the 4th vaccine? Is monkeypox dangerous? Prof. Karen Jubanyik comments on the mask-optional policy, COVID booster shot, and the monkeypox.

Prof. Karen Jubanyik
Prof. Karen Jubanyik

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article