All Creatures Vet Clinic in Moriarty New Mexico Blinded My Cat

Yes they did. The owner of this clinic gave my 14 lb cat 68 mg of enrofloxacin per day and sent us home to overdose her for three days when we noticed something wrong with her eyes. We had to take our cat to the ER vet in the middle of the night we were so scared. This vet miscalculated the correct dose and gave our cat an antibiotic that is not even standard for an URI but is a known risk and then topped it off by giving her over twice the safe upper limit. She then denied any responsisbiltiy . We have now had her served to try and get some of the vet bills covered and reported her for not only the overdose to the State Veterinary Board for blinding her but also as being the most likely reason we had to have her PTS on Nov 29 2015. Earlier in the year which was our intital visit she lied and told us we were getting the adjuvant free 3 year rabies when in fact she used the old ones on both of our cats. Something we never noticed until trying to figure out what happened to our pet of 11 years. We to this day have not been able to get our cats chart notes to find out what concentration of enrofloxacin she injected into her leg muscle. We are beyond devastated at our loss and the last three months of her life where she only had partial sight. Worse her only response was to have a lawyer send a letter stating there was no wrongdoing on the overdose even though we have three vets whose chart notes say otherwise. The warning is on every bottle of this antibiotic. She ignored it , made a mistake and then told us to get lost.

I think everyone needs to be warned about this. Its one thing to have a vet examine said animal but another when we start throwing various medications at the problem without fully researching what the correct doses and the correct med to use to begin with.

I am so sorry for your loss!

I hope this is spread far and wide-the naysays can hate all they want-the facts speak for themselves. She should be ashamed of herself.

If my vet did something like this she would be in tears and trying to rectify said situation. Not being abusive and arrogant.

What did the board say about this? she needs to be shut down for a variety of reasons but she keeps dodging the bullet...

@PissedConsumer1108582

Fined and ordered to take 4 hours of pharmacology.

@PissedConsumer1158710

Ridiculous. I'm sorry.

@PissedConsumer1108582

This vet was given a settlement which is common although we would have loved a full board hearing. She had to pay 250 dollars and take 4 hours of pharmacology. In the world of State Veterinary Boards that's a win to get anything.

View more comments (4)
ID
Moriarty, New Mexico
Reason of review
Blinded and likely killed our cat
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article