BAD customer service: employees said one thing, manager said another

DO NOT waste your time and money at this place. They are cheap and cut corners, and don't care about giving good customer service. Don't believe the 'half price pizza' hype when you order a pizza between 11AM and 2PM. What you actually get is 'half the pizza' because they skimp on the ingredients by cutting back on sauce, cheese, and toppings during the lunch period. To make matters worse, the other day I called in a pizza for a friend who lives two blocks from their Marysville location, as I was sure the person was home and would appreciate getting a pizza delivered to their door. I called around that time to make sure the pizza was delivered and they told me no one had come to the door. I asked them what we could do about this, and they told me they would give him a chance to come pick up his pizza, but if he didn't show up to get it, they would just void out the sale and refund my money to my credit card. Instead, they charged me $23.66 for nothing and when I called back the next day to ask what was going on they gave me the runaround, and then told me that if I could get ahold of a manager, maybe they could issue me a gift card if the money was not refunded to my bank account, as she had 'voided out the sale' herself. Finally, a couple of days later I was finally able to get a manager when I called, but instead the manager refused to give me a refund, and refused to issue me a gift card to make up for the misinformation that had been given to me by her staff. She said "I'm running moneymaking business here and I don't do things like that for customers. I don't know what my employees told you or who told you that. That's your problem." I told her to look at her staffing schedule for the past week and look and see who was working the day and time I ordered the pizza, and to talk to those people who who were on the clock then. I asked her to please talk to her staff and be very clear with them about what they can and cannot do, and what they can and cannot offer to customers when things like this happen. Obviously, she and her staff are NOT on the same page, as the manager herself is cheap, chintzy, and doesn't care about giving good customer service. She was very rude to me. I WILL NEVER eat at Alfy's in Marysville or order another pizza from them as long as I live. My advice, call Pizza Hut, Papa John's, or Domino's, or better yet, go to Christiano's Italian Restaurant by the Marysville Safeway. They have some of the best authentic Italian Pizza I've ever tasted. Alfy's pizza isn't even that good! If you want the 80's pizza parlor experience, go to Round Table Pizza. Their pizza is more like Godfather's Pizza or Shakey's pizza and tastes alot better. The Alfy's pizza sauce tastes kind of funny anyway, and their regular crust tastes like funky focaccia bread. I originally thought mayble they were a mom and pop place that would go out of their way to accommodate customers, but I was WRONG. They are cheap and only care about making money and cutting corners. It's just too darn bad. Their salad bar didn't even have tomatoes last time I checked!
ID
Marysville, Washington
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article