San Juan Island - Jensen Shipyard

Boaters beware! My worst experience in getting anything repaired in my life was at Jensen in Friday Harbor. After five months, tens-of-thousands of dollars, and sending my boat to two other repair shops to troubleshoot work that was not completed properly by Jensen, I finally have my boat back. In my opinion, they don't have enough knowhow to complete repairs that take a good skillset. When I flew up to pick up my boat, I found a loud noise in the drivetrain (they never told me about before I flew up even through they new about the noise) and they couldn't figure out what was causing it as they seemed too worried about the number of hours they had on the repair instead of focusing on getting it completed correctly. They stated that the noise would go away after it was run for a while. Well, it didn't go away and it got louder and it became obvious something in the boat was terribly wrong. It turned out to be a serious isse with the transmission they installed and how Jensen aligned the drive train. I spent almost five thousand dollars to get it repaired correctly by other shipyards. When I asked Jensen for reimbursement they did not want to honor their work even though they stated they knew about the potential issue when they turned the boat over to me. I am now in the process of taking them to small claims court. I made the wrong choice in taking the boat there...I should have had it towed to Anacortes!!! Please save yourself five months of pure headache by just towing your boat to another boat yard off the island!!!!
ID
Yakima, Washington
Reason of review
Bad quality

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article