Restocking fee for incompatible laptop

Took my portable hard drive and old XP software to store and explained I needed a laptop to run them as I didn't want to partition my Mac. Laptop seemed to work at store with the portable hard drive, but would not run when I got home. I took it back with the hard drive so the compatibility issue could be resolved. Days later I was told the hard drive had crashed and nothing was wrong with the laptop. I didn't believe this and wanted my money back as I never got to use the laptop and the entire purpose was to use it with the hard drive and olds software. Was charged 15% restocking fee for a laptop I could never use. Guy was arrogant, smirky and called ME a thief because I wanted my money back. Took my hard drive home and it worked fine on the old computer and Mac. The piece of *** laptop was the problem. I lost time, money and gas dealing with swindlers. He tried to say it didn't work properly in the store, so I asked why he sold it to me. Then he changed his words and said it did work. Liar!! They will sell you junk and still get 15% when you return the next day.
ID
Anchorage, Alaska
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article