Misled .lodge is dirty and pathetic

Pictures on internet were no at all representative of condition of lodge. 4 of us went and left after only 1 night. The room that I and my cousin stayed in was so dirty and run down that we slept in our clothes and would *** our shoes. The comode had rags wrapped around them to keep out the sewer.. Big let down after seeing their advertisement ...This was my 4th trip to Alaska and I know that most Lodges are great, and I don't want to see other ripped off. Anyone having questions feel free to email me...

Not sure what you guys are talking about. I've lived in Ak for a while and been to many lodges.

For the price at Clearwater lodge I was extremely impressed. The fishing was possibly the best I've experienced anywhere in ak. The staff was willing to give the coat off their back for anything you needed.

And accommodations where just like any other lodge I've been to, except for the phenomenal shore lunches our guide cooked for us. Website not photoshopped at all from what I can tell.

Just got back from ACWL and it is just a step above staying at a concentration camp. Fishing sucked, food was ***, and it is totally obvious that the owner could give a rats you-know-what about the guests' experience.

Lunch everyday consisted of two pieces of white bread with a very thin slice of processed meat; cheese in the middle if you were lucky, and all the mustard you could freagin' put on it.

Accommodations are spartan and uncomfortable. Stay elsewhere.

We stayed at the Clearwater Lodge last month. It was AWFUL!

My father told specifically that King Salmon were running... not so.. the don't run that river.. so we wasted money buying additional tags with the license.

The accomodations were filthy. Dirty smelly sheets. The toilet/shower swarmed with mosqitos and flies. No fresh towels.

The food was terrible.. if I ever see another grill cheese I will go bananas! The entire trip was a ***, serious photoshop on the website. We did meet some other very nice people that were staying there, but NONE will ever go back.

Save your money, North Korea, Tehran would be better. The lodge owner also has 2 other lodges, I would be very careful and research regarding those.....

View more comments (2)
ID
#311901 Review #311901 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Mobile, Alabama

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article