Alarm went off by accident

Alarm went off by accident. How Am I supposed to get a hold of you when that happens? I called but no one was available because you were closed.
Preferred solution
How do I get a hold of someone after business hours when alarm goes off accidentally? No one even called me.

Bad service

I had not engaged the alarm for a long time, when I tried, it wouldn't disengage. Called for service, the service person helped me over the phone and in the process told me that they had not received a signal from my alarm for over a year. Implying i hadn't been monitored and if an emergency occured nobody would know. I called the company to see what was going on and they denied that information saying that my alarm was being monitored at the moment (impossible because their own technician guided me as to how to disconnect it when i had the problem). Second person tells me that it was being monitored. Who to believe? All this happened on June 1. It is August 3 and the issue has not been resolved. One person, said she would investigate and call me back, never did. Last week I called again and that person told me they would send me another technician to fix the alarm. Still waiting. Now I want to disconnect the service completely. Had to call 6 times before I got a human (was disconnected all 5 times prior) and waiting for long time to talked to the "disconnection specialist". I feel that this company didn't protect my home for the past year. We are lucky nothing happened where we needed help. Changing to another service, will pay more, but its not a matter of money, its a matter of safety.

User's recommendation: Don't use.

#1936641

I just found out my account was sold to this company by Koosen. I didn't even know.

Now I can't get anyone from this company to respond or address the issue we're having with our system. A complete waste of my time and money.

Hermosa Beach, California
Loss
Full refund

I've been trying to cancel this service but the company keeps saying it takes 30 days. I have called, faxed, emailed and submitted letter by mail.

I have been quoted 3 different balances to cancel account. I never signed a contract with these people.

Same BS I am going through. My local company sold my account to AFA and AFA wants $489 to cancel claiming I have a contract with them.

I did't even know my account was sold and I didn't have a contract with my local company. SCAM

Stockton, California
Service
Alarm Funding Associates Customer Care
Reason of review
unethical business practices
account cancellation

Verified Reviewer

Deceitful business practices

I had a alarm system installed about 5 years ago and had it monitored by the local company that installed it. Everything was working out fine until the company was purchased and my contract was taken over by Advance Systems Alarms, aka: Alarm Funding Associates in West Chester, PA. They proceeded to bill me for the entire year of service without any advance notification that they had purchased my contract or any window of time to cancel my contract without this one year penalty. Their business practices are very deceiving and predatory to say the least, and possibly illegal. I have notified the State Attorney General, and the Better Business Bureau about this business and I hope to let everyone know not to do business with them. How a company that operates this way expects to keep customers is beyond me. I for one will not have anything more to do with them.
Service
Alarm Funding Associates Customer Care
Reason of review
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article