Hostility Of Complete Staff.

My girlfriend had 3 open sores on her buttocks because of. waiting 8 to 10 hrs .to be cleaned after she releived her bowels . After I received no action from the management I took my complaints to the city and state agences-i was threaten and deniged access to my friend. At my ne

User's recommendation: These places are nightmares for anyone who cannot help themselves and who do not have relatives who will fight for them!

Irvington, New Jersey

POORLY BUILT/HOA

Homes are poorly built. Walls are thin plaster board. Ceilings have that old 80"s pop corn and textured walls which are hard to paint and match if you have *** in the cheap wall... Right after the warranty was over everything started falling apart. Plumbing problems, back door lock is cheap...broke off, laundry door fell off, paint chipping etc. HOA doesn't pay for nothing...during snow storms we are slipping and sliding in and out off the complex...don't want to plow? Then can we get some salt in the front? Sheesh...I wouldn't recommend Alaris AKA Old South for any amount of money in the world...cheap cheap cheap and the lowest quality
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reason of review
Bad quality

Poor quality

I am very aware of the builder and would NOT buy a home from them. These houses are nice looking but extremely poorly built! I wouldn't recommend these homes to anyone. Of course the inspectors are going to sign off on the houses, that's revenue for the county. Builders aren't like the old builders...today's time is a production line and the houses are thrown together within a few weeks. I will most definitely pass! The walls are extremely thin and the layouts are not utilizing all the available space. Builders are responding to these complaints because 1) they either work for alais or 2)they do shady *** work themselves.

I agree

Salt Lake City, Utah

Alaris Homes/North Carolina

They show you the model and say everything in there is included but once you start purchasing a home they say everything is a upgrade and will cost more money. The carpet they say you get is not the carpet they install in your home. They have inexperienced builders who do not speak english and your walls are not straight. They tell you that you have plenty of time to change your appliances but when you tell them what color you want they charge you $250.00 more. They do not seal after the sheetrock so you have bugs coming in where your walls are not sealed, also letting in air. They build cheap homes but promise they are not.
#820846

Alaris Homes are *** artist. We had problems with air condition going out every 6 months and kept calling them for repair.

When called they said you would have to call the air condition people that installed the unit. The house was not purchased from the Heat and air people it was purchased from Alaris. They would not give sale person with whom they purchased the unit from. They wait until your house is out of warranty then say it is your problem but you notify them before hand and they put you off as long as they can till warranty is out.

Air Condition problems, water pipes rattle, front of house needs siding fixed, concrete has big gaps. Sorry homes!!!!!

#820760

I agree with him! I just bought a brand new home and the builder/contractor have been extremely difficult to deal with and they promise the world but I have a list a mile long of things that are wrong with the place!

I have 3 windows that are not squared off. So much for my custom ordered blinds going up. They cant do the simple things as secure my counter-top to the island (which was pointed out to them at the walk-through and still never got fixed) or seal the kick boards to the cabinetry/vanity's. They cheap out on everything and then take forever to come fix anything.

I brought this to their attention 2.5 weeks ago and they still cant get here for another week and a half.

I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND THIS BUILDER TO ANY OF MY FRIENDS OR FAMILY!!!!

#820761
@PissedConsumer820760

To add to the bug comment, There are bugs everywhere in my house which are probably coming in through the holes around the vents because they don't know how to use caulk to seal them off properly.

also quit attacking the builder the city inspections have to sign off on the home for co :eek

:cry you must be a 1st time buyer get a life nothing is free would you go buy a 60,000.00 car and sell for 25,ooo.00

View more comments (4)
ID
#195242 Review #195242 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Greensboro, North Carolina

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article