peter i Pcy

Verified Reviewer
| map-marker Jupiter, Florida

Complaint

My husband so far had two appointments which he was not seen. The first appointment you cancelled and rescheduled for almost 2 months.

The appointment was made for yesterday at the Galleria location in Ft Lauderdale. I called the night before to make sure there wasnt any problem and asked if the referral was there. Akumin said all good. I even brought the authorization number in the event that there would be a problem.

Sure enough our 830 appointment that he took off the morning from work, was a problem. No referral and the authorization number wasnt valid. We called the referring physican who we never have a problem with and she said that number came right from the the health care plan..Your girl insisted it wasnt.

This appointment was important since he has some scar tissue in this eyes.> His name is Peter inzerillo Birth date 08/01/61. I want verification that this will not be a problem for is visit on 12/29/23 at galleria.

Brock W Yau
map-marker Saint Petersburg, Florida

Double billing

No one called me back!? I have been waiting for hours and no call. I think I'm going to have to call and stay on hold.
Loss:

Preferred solution: Was double billed. Would like them to fix it.

Monique S Poo

Verified Buyer

Verified Reviewer

Terrible experience

Akumin - Terrible experience
Updated by user Aug 22, 2022

No one has tried to talk to me about it or to apologize

Original review Jul 20, 2022
I scheduled my appointment for MRI and mammogram for July 20 at 2:15 at their coral springs location and I even called to confirm my appointment checking address and date and time and when I arrived today for my appointment the rude lady with the tarantula eyelashes rudely told me I don't have an appointment today for this location only mammogram in the royal palm location and I advised them I took off work and I paid an Uber to come on time and they told me no then manager came out and said they would atleast do mammogram then when I stated I would never come back here for another appointment the manager had left and the girls at the front desk said they would not do the mammogram I thinks it's funny that they changed their mind conveniently after I stated I would never return to AKUMIN any location.
Loss:

Preferred solution: I would like all employees that were involved to send written apology and be fired or suspended since I lost a full day at work plus I paid $40 for an Uber to arrive and another $40 to go home and I make about 250 per day at my job

User's recommendation: Do not make appointment there and if you must make sure you get everyone name when entering or leaving...

map-marker East Hartford, Connecticut

Failure to return $150 deductible to me even after claim has been paid

I told them I have Medicare and a secondary insurance when appt was booked. Yet when I arrived and gave my 2 insurance cards she still asked for $150.

deductible. I informed her everything would be covered in full by both. She stated I had until my appt to pay it or I would have to come back. I really needed the CT scan so I paid it.

She gave me 6 minutes to pay it and now over a month later, claim fully paid and cashed, I still don't have my money returned to me.

When you call you wait over 30 minutes to get a person. I have talked with about 10 different people all promising to return my money to my account. The last one was Daniela Marin. She told me she would take care of this, put the money back, and call me to make sure I received it.

That was 10 days ago.

My insurance company assured me the claim was paid in full, and faxed all the information to her at the given fax number.

I have not received an answer to several emails sent to Akumin and Daniela, nor my money back.

One review written on their site was answered by saying thanks for the review! Automated!!!, since no comment was written.

Yes I am pissed!

User's recommendation: Do not pay any money if your covered by insurance.

Hospitals, Clinics and Medical Centers Expert Talks

4th COVID Vaccine, Monkeypox, Mask-Optional Policy

Jan 6, 2022

COVID, monkeypox, mask-optional policy: Are we safe? Watch an expert interview with Prof. Karen Jubanyik from Yale to learn more about viruses and how to stay protected.

Prof. Karen Jubanyik
Prof. Karen Jubanyik

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article