AIH chrome in Iowa is horrible!!!

I sent my parts to get chromed about 6 months ago like I was told to do. Three months went by so I called and they did not know what I was talking about when I said I sent the package and it should have been there months ago. After being on hold for several minutes they found my unopened box. Feeling like fools they promised me that at the beginning of the next week they would have the official estimate to me. Well another 3 months went by, so I called them again. Once again they did not remember me or know where my parts were. I went on hold again and they again searched for my package. After a while the customer service representative said let me look and I will call you back. I was starting to lose my patience. The rep called back and said he found the box still unpacked. After 6 months nobody even unpacked my box. After telling the rep all I had been through he promised to get the official estimate done within the week. This time I got the estimate and it was over double what was quoted to me six months ago. I am now out of the $30 dollars it cost to ship the items out to AIH and another $25 to ship them back. I feel like I got the shaft.

Most unprofessional people I have EVER dealt with. May be ok as a job shop, but should definitely not be considered as a vendor.

I have nothing but praise for this business!! The work done was top notch and flawless.

And I had a turn around time quicker than I could get there and pick my parts up.

They do an excellent job and I would recommend them to anyone. COMPLETELY SATISFIED CUSTOMER!!

I have had nothing but phenomenal service from AIH. These guys chrome all my parts for me, and the quality and turn-around time is always topnotch.

I apologize that your experience was bad. I do not know the specifics of your experience but it sounds like we did not do a very good job for you.

Did You ship the parts through a pack n ship provider without including your personal info ? that is the most common problem we encounter , the shipper on box is a company that our customer used to send the parts to us , but we find no info inside box to allow us to contact customer. I am sorry You had bad experience. We estimate how long we think it will take to get any job completed , but we re also estimating how long the hundred or more jobs ahead of yours will take to get done before we an start on yours , so it is an estimate.

Also , any price estimate we give over the phone is also an estimate , it is impossible to say for sure how much labor it will take to restore a part without seeing it, the degree of corrosion on the part makes all the diference. I hate to find unhappy customers like this , but we do lots of work and there are very few negative reports .

Sorry You were unhappy. Russ Whalen , AIH

It is too bad it worked out that way for you. AIH does very high quality work.

But they are expensive and slow.

. Maybe Very busy is a more correct statement than slow.

I would not have waited 3 months to call. Evidently you are very slow too.

You are probably pissed at youself as much as at AIH.

@PissedConsumer591510

Maybe patient is a more correct statement than slow. When someone tells me how long it will take to get to something, I give them the time without badgering them.

You are right I was a little pissed at myself for attempting to do business with such an unprofessional company. Have a great day

View more comments (5)
ID
Lincoln, Nebraska

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article