Verified Reviewer
Advanced Reviewer

American Ghost Hunter The Movie/ Is there really such a movie? Haven't receieved!

I per-ordered the Movie ( I use that term loosely) Back on Sept 15th. I had watched Ryan Buell's series PRS and respected him. Now He and Chad Calek have done nothing but provide everyone with Lip-service and No DVDs! Perhaps it's time to notify the atty General about Fraud? Then we have to look and Chad always smiling and traveling around on our Money! You ***! You have no credibility whatsoever as a film maker! Or as a person. How can you have the gal to write your B/S poor excuses and then post smiling pictures of yourself? Are you smiling and laughing inside because you have been using the American Public's hard earned money. You must be working on your skills to become a politician! *** away our money and unable to deliver on your sorry excuses and promises! My suggestion to you is to never make another movie, because no one would buy it! At this point you should refund the money you have received and still send out the CD at no charge, to attempt at gaining any kind of respect from your use to be fans! Sad part, you have taken Ryan down with you!

I ordered my dvd and received it but I never opened it and have tried to return it since the is no return clause I didn't see a problem. He is all nice taking your money but after that no service at all and he told me on email he doesn't take returns and to sell it on ebay. I am sorry I should get back all the money I spent if you are going to have a no return policy then your website should state that.

I ordered my DVD in mid-May and it is now mid-June. The shipping address that I want it sent to is my work but they are showing that they can't verify the address.

I'm giving it till Saturday to see if it comes tomorrow, and if not I will get on my bank's website and have it refunded back to my account.

I wish I had seen this post before buying it, but I never thought Ryan Buell would be connected with a scam.

I am being scammed in a different way by Chad. I ordered tickets for a paranormal event in May that cost $800.00 for 2 people..it is a camping event so no hotel, airfare or anything is involved.

I have been trying to get a refund since Dec. 20, 2013 but he refuses to give me a refund because he says they have a no refund policy on their events. This event did not have any no refund policy posted on anything. I finally got a hold of him by email on January 4, 2014 and received a very condescending response when I told him there was no policy posted he called me "problematic" and told me all sales were final.

Luckily I had a feeling he was going to pull a fast one so I printed out everything showing there was no policy on anything. I never heard from him again and on Monday January 6, 2014 he tried to pull a fast one and he added the no refund policy now. I printed that out too. I have filed complaints with paypal, eventbrite and my credit card company and now will be calling the bbb and consulting an attorney.

I have been going back and forth and even though the event is sold out he refuses to refund my money.

He is not a good person at all and brings disgrace to the paranormal community and people who truly have a passion for the paranormal. You can't change the terms of a sale after the sale is done and add a policy that you forgot to add in the first place...to me that is fraud.

@PissedConsumer792758

Please also pass your information on to your local ATTY Generals office!

@PissedConsumer792758

Hi, I ordered the DVD and it took forever to get. When it finally arrived about 9 mos later, my husband and I watched it and watch a joke.

Boring and I am disappointed. What a rip off! Well, recently I made a comment on twitter about how dissatisfied I was and out of nowhere I got a nasty email from Chad. I blocked him.

These people are running a shady scam operation according to many comments on Facebook. Now anytime a negative comment is put on Ryan's Facebook page it is immediately removed. A TV station in N.C. even did a story about this.

I hope you get your money back.

Who would have ever thought this educated, compassionate, dedicated paranormal investigator would end up with such a bad reputation. Very sobering...

I ordered my DVD back in August. When it didn't come by the end of September (The date it was promised) I emailed AGH and was told there was a delay and to please be patient, I'd get it soon. I never did hear back from them so once again I emailed them to find out what the hold up was. This time I was told I would be getting it within two weeks and to contact them if I hadn't received it yet. Well I did, And the same thing happened over and over. I was promised that DVD and told they JUST SHIPPED IT at least ten different times, maybe more by the time November rolled around.

One night I got curious if they were on Facebook so I searched and I found their official Facebook pages (Chads, Ryans and the AGH page)

I sent messages to Chad and Ryan and posted many comments on their pages on Facebook and got ignored at first.

I finally joined the group on Facebook called "Refunds Returns and Consumer Complaints". I am so glad I did because they have a document that tells you exactly how to go about filing complaints with the BBB and a bunch of other places. So I did. And started leaving messages about my problem not getting what I paid for on their Facebook pages again. All of a sudden Chad started replying to my posts saying the exact same thing he was telling everyone else.... Nothing but excuses and lies.

Most of my posts had been deleted. The only thing that they didn't do was ban/block me from their pages. Why, I have no clue to be honest with you. They blocked so many other people for simply requesting information on their purchases.

After waiting until the end of December I finally got an email from Chad saying he was going to send me a refund check. I told him I did NOT want a check from him because if THIS is how he does business why on earth would I want to trust that a check isn't going to bounce. Can you imagine trying to get THAT cleared up? It would take forever if at all and then I'd be out even more money which I can NOT afford. I am low income. Every dime counts in this house! I told him that I paid using PayPal and that is exactly how I wanted to be refunded!

I only bought that DVD to show support because I WAS a fan.

Anyway I was very surprised when I got a refund through PayPal that same night. And the ONLY reason why he bothered to refund me was the Attorney General's Office had contacted him about my case. So I guess you can say he was SCARED.

I never did receive the DVD that I ordered. And many people got several copies and a refund. It's just as well. From what I have heard it's total ***! Not worth the time to watch it. Low budget, poorly filmed movie that any child with a OLD camcorder could have filmed.

The BBB never was able to get ahold of any of them at AGH. Strange isn't it.

At any rate if you have been screwed over and they stole your money, don't give up on trying to get your refund!!! I think they need to be in jail! They are very unprofessional!! I could go on all night about what I've learned about this group of criminals... But I'll spare you that RANT! hahahaha

@PissedConsumer769166

Awesome! I am so glad you were relentless and received your refund and sicked the AG on them.

Like you said, this has been a total scam!

I think Chad belongs in jail for fraud! :)

The link for the group is: https://www.facebook.com/groups/318105****65637/ they are on Facebook and have up to date information, step by step details on how to get satisfaction from AGH - one of our members just received a hand written check refund in full from Chad sent special delivery! This is how successful they are.

Out of almost 50 remaining members (we had more but they got what they wanted and left) we have only 4 that haven't received a refund or their DVD. What is being done there WORKS!Check them out, quit playing the "waiting game." You paid for it, the FTC says if he couldn't deliver in 30 days he was to refund you immediately if you didn't want to wait 90 or 120 days after delivery was promised.

The LONGER you wait the more of your rights to get this settled dwindle down. Don't be too late, they'll help you!

For all of you waiting for your dvd, feel lucky. I got mine on schedule and was sooo excited and couldn't wait to watch it.

What a waste of time! An extreme let down! Just threw my money away!!

Expexted more from you Ryan. Very disappointed...

@PissedConsumer765809

I agree. Total let down, and the joke is on us.

I wonder how much profit Chad made. ***!

View more comments (24)
ID
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article