Agency 20 Scam

I was ripped off by Agency 2.0! I didn't have the pleasure of speaking with Chris directly at Agency20 but his team of cronies gave me a hard sell and said i had to sign up today if I wanted their discount. I took the bait. I also researched others such as Funded Today but realized they are all the same. They want money upfront but I am doing crowdfunding because I am totally broke. They are taking advantage of people who need money! Agency 2.0 and Funded Today are total scammers that use the same hard sales tactics offering one time discounts to hand over your credit card. I am broke that's why I am doing crowdfunding and they know this, so they told me to go get a loan and pay for it that way. If i could get a loan then i wouldnt even need crowdfunding. very unprofessional. stay clear of Agency 2.0 and Funded.Today
ID
#1361996 Review #1361996 is a subjective opinion of poster.
San Jose, California
Cons
  • Crowdfunding companies scamming people
  • Agency 20 is a scam
Fast order processing

Agency 2.0 Kickstarter Service

I worked with Agency 2.0 for our successful campaign, amongst two other companies. Only one did bring in funds, Agency 20 was not one of them. They had a great speech, showed me several over 500k campaigns they worked with, so got me really excited. After 30 days with them, I can say that while their speech is great and their track record (if true) in the over 500k campaigns amazing, they did not bring in a single backer to my campaign. Which again, ended up fully funded (114%). When my campaign ended, I asked them several times what went wrong from their side. They never contacted me again, never gave me a reason why their approach did not work. I did a bit of research and based on the campaigns they post (social media) and claim to be working with, only a very small percentage actually reaches their goals when working with agency20.com. For the money they charge, you expect quality. You expect them to make a difference. They do not and are bad enough to avoid all communication once you ask them for an explanation. Agency 2.0 are masters in taking your money, after which all communication ends.
ID
Cons
  • Morally questionable
  • Zero results
Bad quality
Loss
Preferred solution
Already taking action with my bank. Want the world to know.

Agency 2.0 Scam Review

I would personally be very careful getting into business with these guys. A quick google search for Agency 2.0 scam and the results aren’t pretty. Gizmodo themselves said these guys get behind known scams and fraudulent projects which rip off innocent crowdfund backers. Their exact quote below. “Agency 2.0 is the very same PR firm that got behind the notorious crowdfunding disaster, the Kreyos smartwatch, which *** the bed with the force of a diarrhea-prone ogre, so it’s not like it has a flawless record.” A broken trail of empty handed crowdfunding supporters, lawsuits, and fraudulent claims. Agency 2.0 (www.agency20.com) is a dark stain on the crowdfunding industry. Morally questionable. Do your research.

It’s true. Agency 2.0 ABSOLUTELY backs known scampaigns.Most recently (here in 2018), Agency 2.0 was the driving force behind the comically fraudulent, $1.5M Eon Scooter campaign on IGG.

It was obvious from the get-go that this campaign was fraudulent, and I know for a fact that Agency 2.0 was made aware that the “updates” they were posting on behalf of Eon contained mountains of blatantly false information.So what did Agency 2.0 do when made aware of this? They kept right on posting more blatantly fraudulent information. Moreover, when IGG was contacted for Eon campaign owner information, get this...they said Christopher Olenik was the campaign owner!!!Now why would he be listed as the Eon campaign owner, when Agency 2.0 ownership of such a campaign would be in violation of IGG TOS? And why did Agency 2.0 slowly start to anonymize it’s participation when it became more and more clear that this campaign was a blatant scam?

(Over a period of months Agency 2.0 personel started to remove their pictures, then changed their names to initials, then slowly disappeared altogether).Basically Agency 2.0 KNEW they were facilitating a scam with Eon. There is NO possible way they couldn’t have known.All this crap Agency 2.0 puts forth about vetting their clients is exactly that. Crap. Had they done even a very basic level of vetting on Eon they would have known that the original Eon scooter was nothing more than a stolen Chinese scooter design.

They also would have known that the supposed founder of the campaign (David Greenberg) had lied about his professional background.

I say “supposed” founder because, again, according to IGG Olenik himself is the founder of the Eon campaign. Go figure.I wouldn’t trust Agency 2.0 as far as I could throw ‘em.

@PissedConsumer1505667

I concur

There's absolutely no basis or foundation of facts here. Agency 2.0 is a marketing agency that runs ads for KS and IGG campaigns.

Agency 2.0 ran Facebook ads for Kreyos on Indiegogo over 3 years ago. Kreyos did have a working prototype but manufacturing and fulfillment fall on the owners of Kreyos, not the marketing company for the crowdfunding campaign. In addition, A2.0 has since run over 200+ campaigns including Sondors Ebike, Fizzics, and Omnicharge all solid brands now delivering 2nd and 3rd edition product.

Again, Agency 2.0 uses its skilled marketing strategies to help entrepreneurs run successful crowdfunding campaigns.

Crowdfunding continues to evolve with Kickstarter and Indiegogo continuing to work hard on vetting campaigns for false claims or bad actors purposely misleading backers, but they still do slip through the cracks and everyone should be aware of the risk involved while contributing to a crowdfunding campaign.

You sound like a pissed off competitor.

View more comments (3)
London, England
Cons
  • Morally questionable
  • Crowdfund backers who get ripped off
  • False claims
Dishonesty
Preferred solution
other

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article