Aerosvit - Theft from hold luggage

THEFT FROM SUITCASES IN KIEV AIRPORT I flew London Gatwick to Almaty Kazakhstan via Kiev in Ukraine on Aerosvit yesterday (2nd-3rd April 2011). VV 226 and VV 429 ETKT 870510****610 I was travelling with 6 colleagues. Each of us experienced THEFT from hold luggage during transfer in Kiev. Cases were opened, money and jewellry stolen. On my bag, it is clear that someone moved the zip tags with padlock to the very end of the zip runner. Then the zip was forced open at the end behind the lock. The zip tags were then moved to the other end and the broken zip opened up. Afterwards, the person were able to re-zip and close the open zip back to the other end. It appeared untouched until close inspection. In my suitcase I was carrying a second smaller case. This was opened and not closed again. My belongings were in a mess. It was obviously searched. They did NOT steal the DVDs, coffee beans, cheese, PSP games or baby clothes. There was unfortunately money in a trouser pocket. This left me with a broken zip. Furthermore the case was damaged. It had obviously been mishandled. Material had been ripped and the extending handle was broken. I know that another collegue had money and a SIM card hidden inside a purse inside a leather case inside a smaller bag. This money was taken. Other thefts from colleagues included jewellry, a camera and money. It is clear that there is a problem with airline staff or the ground staff at Kiev. A Ukrainian co-worker reports that her luggage is always opened in Kiev during transfer. Furthermore, on the flight the leg room was appalling (not all seats in economy are the same - beware. Although most seemed ok - I was unlucky). Staff are very abrupt and often rude. Food was poor. Flights left on time though. On landing (VV226) the flight deck door fell open, twice. Hilarious and frightening to see the pilot reaching behind himself, awkwardly and frantically, while trying to land the plane.... All of this is tollerable (just) for the very cheap flights (offers which may not last) but the theft is unacceptable and I will not recommend them to anyone unless you are extremely desperate.

Your complaint is a common one, and not Aero Svits fault. Your suitcases were opened by customs.

Borispol is famous for stealing things out of suitcases. Aero Svit has no control over Ukrainian customs.I do understand your frustrations.

ID
Almaty, Almaty

Aerosvit.com & Ludmila Goretskaya, (booking clerk) is the most inefficient airline I ever experience

I've been avoiding Aerosvit for many years and at last decided to give it a try. So booked tickets on-line but had to make some amendments. According to the company policy on-line booking could be changed only by sending request to online@***.com which I did. Then had sent them a reminder, then a reminder of a reminder, had sent a complaint to the complaint department. Few times tried to contact them life chart on their site with same result, you have to wait till online@***.com will reply your e-mail. And this lady, Ludmila Goretskaya, repliedme, 2 hours (!!!) before my scheduled flight informing me that tickets are not refundable and change penalty is 50 euro. You moron, I want to change departure date, and I can read cancellation and penalty policy without you! I asked to make amendment with my flight! So to cu the story short because of Ludmila Goretskaya's inefficiency she waited till I've got "no show" and then guess what? She cancel my return flight using excuse of "no show". In my worst night mare I eve could not imagine such kind of issues happen with so easy operation, simple change of the tickets date. Pissed.

I was at checking 48 minutes before flight, I thought it is an in-country flight so it must be ok to come in that time. The checkin was also still open but the maid said: "it's late. It costs now 100 Dollar." I said, no I won't pay that, because I have enough time to go to the flight and there is no reason for such penalty. It was nowhere written that I must go to checking 50 minutes before flight - I am travelling often and normally it is considered for travellers that to checkin maximum 40 minutes before flight is possible. Not 50. She said ok, I will not check you in. I said, please bring me the boss. She said, I am the boss! I said to two of her collegues, please check me in, they said, no. After I said, ok, I pay you this 100 Dollars. She said, you need to go to the cash desk to pay. I went to the cash desk and she said, no such penalty doesnt exist, I say please take this *** money, and she said, no I cannot take - go to the check in corner and check in. So I went back to the checkin corner and it was of course already closed. To refund the ticket was of course not possible. MF!

The return flight: they troubled a women at the checkin and did not let her check in. I was standing at the line behind her half an hour and thought, ok, now it is already 30 minutes before flight, so they will say me you are late, sorry. Go away! But no, she wanted to check me in. But the girl at the check in did not even find my name on her computer - first time I ever experience this. She needed to call her Boss, so after several minutes a guy came and found me somehow. I had only 15 minutes to go to the plane.

Never ever again!

Aero Svit has Ukraine phone 804 ***-*****, or 1 888-61-****. You hardly ever get help via internet.

If you have visa questions about the form while you are on the plane, they will blow you off with a short answer that is typically wrong. This goes back to the old Soviet mentality of I do my job, that's it! If you want extra, then tip. you can find that all over Ukraine.

I just think most Americans do not prepare for Ukraine. Aero Svit gets you there and back cheap.

That's about all you can expect. They are not an American Airline.

It is already 2 hours I made an inquiery about the basinet for my baby and still no answer.. I'm waiting for some response two hours and tried to contact differnet agents .. they are useless, both Solyanik Elena and Mishakov Oksana do not answer my questions.

I hope I will never use this airlines again!!

I hope I will never use this airlines again!!

View more comments (3)
ID
#195280 Review #195280 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Dubai, Dubai
Loss

About

Summary

Aerosvit is a leading Ukrainian air carrier. Company was founded in 1994 and served in country routes. Company is headquartered in Kiev, Ukraine. Since 2000 Aerosvit started to operate long-haul routes between world’s major capitals. Today company is the only Ukrainian air carrier providing long distance flights in 60 international routes in 29 countries. Aerosvit provides such services as ground handling, technical maintenance, in flight service, freight service. By 2011, Ukrainian carrier started to use next generation medium and long-haul aircraft. Aerosvit is a member of International Air Transport Association, Airlines Reporting Foundation, European Business Association, American Trade Chamber, International Chamber of Commerce.

Aerosvit reviews and complaints
Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article