Adventure Books of Seattle

There is a sham "publishing company" lurking in the dark corners of the Internet run by two failed writers - Robert Blevins and Geoff Nelder. They have set up Adventure Books of Seattle, contending that it is a reputable and real publishing company when it is anything but. All they do is take copy written by people and email it to LuLu - the self publishing outfit - to be churned out. I contacted these *** artists in order to find out more about their business. I received a bunch of information from them that turned out to be completely false. This is not a legitimate publishing company, Robert Blevins and Geoff Nelder are *** artists. Avoid this sham operation - and these *** artists - at all costs.

Well, this is Robert Blevins. I logged in with my Facebook account.

I will try to keep this simple. Adventure Books of Seattle is a registered US trade publisher releasing not through Lulu dot com, but through Ingram and Lightning Source in paperback/hardcover, and for the Amazon Kindle. Our housecleaning business (under B and G Housecleaning dot com) is what we do during the week, and AB of Seattle on weekends. As far as experience editing books, I have done about fifty edits, mostly for outside authors.

Yes, I was also in the US Army when I was younger. None of that is sham-oriented, my friends. Currently we are NOT open to submissions anyway, and the two later reviews you see on this page are just the same old guys who have been whining to me about our book on the DB Cooper case, 'Into The Blast,' for years.

If you want to know who I am on a more personal level, just drop by my channel at YouTube. It's under my name.

Well first they aren't in Seattle - they are in an apartment in Auburn, Washington! They are a cleaning and maintenance company!

Their own vita reads: "Before forming B & G, Bob worked maintenance at upper-end apartments for ten years, and later was the warehouse and installation manager for a major carpet company in the Seattle area. He is also a veteran of the U.S. Army. Gayla worked in management with Ace Hardware and Fred Meyer for many years, and is well experienced in cleaning homes and properties.

She has 16 years of experience."

What has this got to do with book editing and publishing? Or any background in English, literature, ... ?

Yes it does appear to be a sham operation, indeed!

What are these maintenance folks trying to prove or prove ...

to whom?

Having personally witnessed the work of Robert M Blevins on the DB Cooper forum at Dropzone.com, I can personally testify to the ludicrous nature (and very highly offensive attack dog methods)

of Blevins' DB Cooper work he calls 'research' ? :cry

He has virtually destroyed the Dropzone thread for his personal

self promotion.

I have never seen anything like it on the internet!

@PissedConsumer768209

FYI: The DB Cooper forum at Dropzone is a volatile place, full of both nice people, as well as vindictive and hateful folks who...like you...search out any and all references on the internet to make poison-pen posts without revealing their true identity. Knowing most of the people who hang out there, you could be Jo Weber, (woman who claims her dead husband was Cooper), or Jerry Warner, aka 'Georger', a user who was mentioned heavily in the Cooper book 'Skyjack' by Geoffrey Gray.

Warner has been banned at least twice for attacks on yours truly. Or perhaps you are Bruce Smith, a guy with his own book who was banned again recently for sex comments about a female user at the site. Maybe you are MeyerLouie, who took the attack mode to such extremes he was permanently banned. Finally, you could be Galen Cook, the lawyer from Spokane who spends time making up stuff about us on ANOTHER thread.

He is there because he was also permanently banned from Dropzone. Who knows? You want to know the truth on what goes on at Dropzone, or in the world in general?

Google up the term AB of Seattle Newsvine Life in Cooperland and read the illustrated article that pops up.

Brian Parker says:

'Yeah ... This is one of MANY such scams on the Internet. A person shoudl know that Adventure Books of seattle is a scam however. They include a cat as a member of their staff. By the looks of things at Adventure Books, the cat is running the show.'

And since you have the same last name as Carol Walker, can we assume you know her, or that a manuscript by her was declined by the staff? AB of Seattle is highly respected in the small press trade and your comments are not only inaccurate, but unfair. Anyone who wishes to see what we do may visit adventurebooksofseattle Dot Com.

Playing the 'scam' card is easy, but I notice that neither of you actually SAID what that scam supposedly entails. Thank you.

My name is Robert M Blevins, and I am the managing editor for Adventure Books of Seattle. I would also like to respond to the unfair comment made about AB by Carol Walker.

First, except for the paperback version of the Escape Velocity science fiction magazine, we do NOT use Lulu.com. The magazine was stopped at four issues, so we just left it at Lulu. There was a time we used Lulu for books, but we stopped that a long time ago.

Our main print provider is Lightning Source, the printer for Ingram Books. Adventure Books of Seattle is a legitimate, registered US trade publisher with our own ISBN prefix. Our SAN with Bowkers is 857-****. All books are released into mainstream distribution channels at the standard 55-60% off the retail price embedded into the barcode.

Our Office Cats 'Sophie' and 'Ginger' often appeared on our website between August of 2004 and March of 2008. They were office mascots. Unfortunately, they died in the famous Menu Pet Foods poisoning scandal. We later joined the class action lawsuit.

Authors published by Adventure Books are offered a standard contract of 25% of the gross royalties - one of the most generous in the business - and we only have a few books out there anyway.

Our latest release was 'Into The Blast - The True Story of D.B. Cooper'. It is the seventh-best selling true crime book at Amazon right now, and the History Channel picked it up for an episode of their new show 'Decoders'. Filming begins in Seattle in August 2010, with the show being aired in January 2011.

If you have questions about us, or want to know more, that is very easy. We have several one-page PDF's you can download from our homepage, including a Media Info sheet, a short history of the company, and our press releases. The above review by Carol should be taken with a grain of salt. It is possible she was rejected for publication by the staff, and is now venting her frustrations with her frankly inaccurate review.

Sincerely, Robert

Yeah ... This is one of MANY such scams on the Internet.

A person shoudl know that Adventure Books of seattle is a scam however.

@PissedConsumer54562

This is Robert Blevins from Adventure Books of Seattle. First, I think the person who posted up the original comments on us was related to a person whose book we rejected for publication.

I could check our old emails on this one, I suppose. Second, we don't have a brick-and-mortar bookstore anyway. Everything is sold through Amazon.com. I have no idea what they meant when they said we 'scammed' people.

I gave the background on the cats just for color. Our staff currently consists of the following people, and their backgrounds are provided: Robert Blevins, managing editor, from Auburn, WA. Geoff Nelder, line editor, Chester, Great Britain, retired public school teacher with a Masters' degree in English. Phoebe Ezell, teacher from Springfield, MO who ran our Young Writers Project program and now consults on educational issues for us.

Gayla Prociv, Executive Director, from Auburn, WA. The dozen or so titles we have available are sold exclusively through Amazon and released at the normal trade rate of 55-60% off the cover price. You CANNOT buy books directly through us, or through the website at www.adventurebooksofseattle.com. Only at Amazon (retail) and Ingram (wholesale) Submissions are closed and are usually invitation-only anyway.

All titles sold in paperback and for the Kindle, some in hardback with dust jacket.

You see a 'scam' in that...please let me know exactly HOW you came to that conclusion... :)

View more comments (7)
ID
Dallas, Texas

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article