GreatEscapes Travel Club -- Stealing My Money

Went to Grand Seas Resort in Daytona Beach on my timeshare exchange. Resort was drab and depressing, not premier as listed. Worst was that the sales staff there used high pressure tactics to sell us a membership in the "Great Escapes Travel Club." Membership cost $5500. They lied to us about the prices of travel for the club -- claimed 40%-70% discounted. They lied to us about being able to use them as an exchange company similar to Interval or RCI--learned 3 weeks later you have to sign a seperate contract and be responsible for damage from their renters. They lied to us about availability of resorts all over the world--virtually all the European and Asian sites said no availability when you try to book them. This company stole our money. When we tried to end the contract, they gave us a run-around then ignored our calls and our letters. This club is owned and operated by Advantage Travel in Lakeland Florida. Grand Seas Resort is just a reseller of the services, but their sales staff are high pressure sellers. Buyer Beware!!!

Update -- After complaining to the Florida Attorney General and the Central Florida BBB I GOT MY MONEY BACK!! I guess keeping at it works even with overly aggressive sales people.

Update: After complaining to the Better Business Bureau and the consumer affairs department of the state of Florida, plus sending an ethics violation complaint to ARDA (the travel industry prfessional organization), Advantage finally instructed their stooge -- Grand Seas Resort -- to give my money back. They sent all involved a copy of the check, but a week later I have still not received it. Too bad it took so much pressure to try to get them to do the right thing.

View more comments (1)
ID
Media, Pennsylvania
Loss

No customer service over charged!

Adventure Travel Lawton, Oklahoma has the worst customer service ever! I thought I was being helped but really it was just a game. Trying to book a escape for me and my wife to Paris. They charge 35.00 plus commission on top of that. So if you book a hotel, they are going to charge you 35.00 a person plus raise the price like 15% it depends on their mood, I guess. Then you play phone tag for weeks and nothing gets done. Customer Service is poor, should not have to pay a double dip commission. My experience is book it yourself, you will pay less and it will be your vacation not when, or if they want to get back to you.
ID
Dallas, Texas

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article