Advanced Quality Construction--they are a far cry from their name!

Update by user Aug 26, 2013

Advanced Quality Construction at the time listed it's office as being in Wisconsin Rapids, WI

Original review posted by user Aug 26, 2013
My residence sustained considerable water damage in July 2012. This company came highly recommended from an acquaintance(who also works for the company). The owner and his 'partner' were quick to arrive on the scene and appeared extremely competent and eager to take on the project. The contractor was well aware that financing for the renovation project was going to be handled through my homeowner's insurance. Even though payment had not been remitted, the contractor submitted a written contract on July 18, 2012 and began work. All materials were purchased and supplied by the homeowner; within 24 hours of the material arrival on the job site did we notice the 'disappearance' of boxes of tile, door trim and other materials. The owner of the company only appeared on the job site to demand more money; he sub-contracted out to three other firms for painting, electrical and carpet installation. Several items in the contract were never completed by the company. The employees and sub contractors of AQC displayed very unprofessional work ethic and some days just didn't show up for work at all. Ceramic tile floor in my kitchen is not level; the work crew poured grout all over my flower garden. They did not lay down plastic on my hardwood flooring. One wall of drywall replaced in my kitchen stopped short of the radiators (leaving a several inch gap)--when this issue was addressed to Mr. Olinger, his response was he would just put 'trim' around the space. Painters showed up to spray the new ceiling before the other crew had removed the wallpaper border. The painters never finished painting the ceiling. They did not show concern for my property, as this was evidenced by several tools that went missing from my garage and over $1800 in electronic items which vanished from my second floor bedroom. Mr. Olinger's contract claims his work is guaranteed, however, when he was notified of the gross errors in several projects, he said he would come and fix them, but a year has since passed and he has now left the state of Wisconsin. I would have hoped that the contractor would have worked harder at customer service and showing concern for establishing a good reputation in the community. Instead, when I contacted Mr. Olinger regarding the missing items, he decided to accuse and slander residents of my home. I gave the contractor the opportunity to rectify these problems before I would go public with my complaints. Mr. Olinger (sole proprietor of Advanced Quality Construction) said he was not concerned with my 'idol threats'.
ID
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article