Resolved: Strand-by-Strand looks like a fraud in New Zealand

Advanced Hair Studio New Zealand - Strand-by-Strand looks like a fraud in New Zealand
Update by user Feb 18, 2019

AHC Australian office and personally Chris Attrill (National Client Relations Manager Australia & New Zealand) have done their best to fix this problem and properly refunded me my money in very kind and delicate way. So I would like to express my gratitude to Chris Attrill who was very kind with me and did his best to refund me without any problems.

The problem with AHC has been solved. Thanks

Original review posted by user Jan 19, 2019
I attended AHS and signed a contract of "Strand by Strand" with some kind of representative who had not been any kind of doctor or a specialist in hair loss at all!!!! As I understand he has this job because it was not too far from his house!!!! It is in AHS in Christchurch by address 239 Opawa Road and I till now don't know a name of this AHS representative or anybody else from this studio in Christchurch, New Zealand. The total cost of contract was $7500 NZD (excluding AHS Maintenance Program!!!!) and of cause this guy said I was lucky to get a big discount. But he HAD NOT PROVIDE ANY PRICE LIST OR ANYTHING LIKE THIS AT ALL and from other consumers I can see that the price can be anything! It was a big money for me but I borrowed about $5000 NZD from my really good friends as I have a depression because of hair loss and treated in Hilmorton hospital. It was my case manager why advised me to attend AHS hoping they will help me to improve my hair and my mental depression. In a day there was a fitting and the guy assured me that there will be a stylist who will do this fitting. I was in shock to see her come in the room for one minute just to look at me. She didn't do any fitting job as a professional, she didn't look to be any professional and I don't know who was she - a stylist or just a woman next door. There was no any trichologist (the only chance for me to meet a specialist) and I was not offered this service. The guy from AHS in Christchurch made some kind of small hat from paper for my head and we picked up a color for my future hair. In the "https://www.advancedhair.co.nz/male-treatments/strand-by-strand/" site of AHS in New Zealand there is an information that "The result of a Strand-by-Strand Non Surgical hair replacement procedure is a full, natural looking head of hair that appears to have grown back over a period of time. It’s just like having your hair replaced the same way as you lost it, strand by strand." So it must be several in time hair natural replacements like my own hair started to grow again! But this guy from AHS Christchurch told me that I will get only two exactly the same wigs from Australia for fitting and nothing else. HE SAID IT WILL TAKE 3 MONTHS TO PREPARE THESE WIGS! So no any natural regrowth of hair in time as it is described in AHS site with photos in New Zealand when I must have several consequent wigs maybe every 2-3 months. You can see it from quite bad photos but AHS site it very tough to provide good photos of Strand-by-Strand sequence. I wander why a costumer should lose 50% of the Total Price after 14 days of a contract signing to compensate AHS costs if as I was explained there is a big queue to make a wig like manually like about 3 months and definitely AHS doesn't do anything for a client's wig first 1-2 months? This question to you - bla-AHS! Are you sure that you do something incredible from natural and sympathetic hair for clients in Australia? From other clients I can see that you do your wigs absolutely locally! So why 3 months (or 2.5 month if to pay them extra $200)? What's about my own hair that are still growing and will grow under this wig. Will I have very itchy wig to take of every minute to scratch my scalp? You did tell me nothing about this problem! I don't understand why it has to be 3 months to prepare a wig - this is definitely some kind of bull shirt! And many AHS clients write that this wig is a cheap wig from Thailand that costs 50 backs, doesn't give any natural skin. Also AHS offers combine Strand-by-Strand with "Laser Hair Growth Treatment" and "Hair Thickening Fibers Treatment" BUT THESE TWO METHODS ARE DIRECTED TO ACTIVATE GROWTH of YOUR OWN HAIR! How will I feel in a wig with my own hair growing under it. You should not all the time think only about money! And one more very important thing! I PAID 50% ($3950 NZD) BY CASH TO CHRISTCHURCH OFFICE OF ADVANCED HAIR STUDIO AND HAD NOT RECEIVED ANY LETTER FROM EAST MELBOURNE WITH A CASH CONFORMATION AND A RECEIPT WITHING 14 DAYS OF THE CASH BEING PAID! In this situation I read from the contract I am advised immediately to contact the accountants of AHS +61 3 **** **** to ensure that my payment have been processed. This is definitely a breech of the contract! Also there in no any mention in the contract to pay 50% in paragraph 2.1 but only the Deposit and as I can see from other people letters it can be anything between 20-50%. I am not sure on 100% but it looks like AHS fraud in Christchurch, New Zealand! I can add much more to this fraud including that AHS in CHRISTCHURCH NEW ZEALAND DOES NOT HAVE E-MAIL ADDRESS to CONTACT! Will be happy to discuss these problems and this situation with AHS real specialists (not with occasional stuff) if we have any in Christchurch. Promise to add information what has happened with my money I was stupid to pay cash. As I was terribly depressed by my hair loss situation this glimpse of hope really can a bit brighten the life but the situation with me now, behavior of AHS in Christchurch (1/239 Opawa road) returns me back in my heavy depressive condition and AHS "specialists" with their "innovative methods" are absolutely responsible for this.
Service
Advanced Hair Studio New Zealand Strand By Strand Hair Treatment
Problems with payment
Loss
Let the company propose a solution
Advanced Hair Studio New Zealand's reply to:

Resolved: Advanced Hair Studio - Review in Beauty Centers and Spas category from Auckland, Auckland

As per the clients post below the Client Relations Department of Advanced Hair Studio is pleased to confirm that we have responded swiftly in resolving this matter to the satisfaction of the client
ID

Following my post on Wednesday evening, immediate action was taken by AHS to contact me and to resolve my situation, we reached an agreement after discussing my issue with the national client manager.

Advanced Hair Studio New Zealand's reply to:

Resolved: Stealing peoples money with fake promises

The Client Relations Department of Advanced Hair Studio is pleased to have settled this matter to the satisfaction of the author of this posting
ID
Pros
  • Biggest fraud i have seen done professionally
Order processing issue
Loss
Full refund
Update by user Sep 23, 2015

I was talked into strand by strand and was asked to pay another 4K after discounts !!!! I refused and thank god after posting this comment the National Clint relations contacted me and we managed to resolve the issue by a 50% refund.

Original review posted by user Sep 16, 2015

I would like to tell how I was dragged into a six months program by Advanced hair studio and was robbed by them professionally.

I was given fake promises and was advised to join a 6 months program to thicken my hair as my crown area was almost balled. They promised me saying every month they will take photos and compare and will show the difference in growth and will change the medication every month depending on how my hair growth responds. I started the program and they got me to sign the agreement and made me setup automatic payments and took the payments in 6 installments within three months. After a month the first review was done and they said yes there is some growth and minoxidil was given to start once per day every night. I was advised there was no dropper with them and use some cotton to dip the liquid and apply on the head. Then after two weeks the person in the studio disappeared and a new person came to manage the studio, I asked for a second review after two months and was advised they usually do reviews after 10 to 12 weeks of treatment which is completely different as to what I was told. Then after 3 months another person turned up in the studio and I had to repeat myself as to what my situation was and what all was done for my treatment. My photos were taken and I was assured that the hair will grow and my laser treatment was made once a week instead of twice. After two weeks the person disappeared again and there was no manager . I have completed using minoxidil and asked the receptionist for another bottle, she said there was no bottles in stock and was advised she will get them ordered the following week. Next week there was a new receiptionist and I asked for minoxidil, now she says I need to fill a form to order minoxidil, I filled it and came the next week, now there was national clint relations manager at the studio and he assured me that I will be taken care of and he then got me to fill the form again for minoxidil , by this time I was without minoxidil for three weeks. This clint relations manager assured me saying he will take care of me and see to it that my program will be done properly and said my program will be extended if needed for my hair growth. Its then he discovered that I was using minoxidil once a day instead of twice, I was incorrectly advised once instead of twice by the staff when I started. The clint manager gave his business card and said he can be contacted if I have any issues. Start of 4th month new studio manager came and saw my hair growth and started to convince me to pay an additional $4000 for some other treatment. I rejected it and said I will not pay even a single dollar from now. I emailed the clint relations manager and he called me saying he will speak to the studio manager to extend my program. No action was taken and after the end of 6 months with no progress in my hair growth I was asked if I was happy with the hair growth, hahahah I could not understand what kind of a *** question it was, as I hardly had hair on my head and was asked if my growth was enough to stop the program. I was told to do another 12 months program and pay $3000.

I emailed the clint relations manager and had no response from him….i waited for a week and sent two emails and had no response from him...

This fraudulent company advertises 100% results and is ripping people off. I paid a massive $2800 for 6 months, wasted my time to go there every week and had %0 hair growth . I asked them to show my photos to compare the growth and the studio manager said he sent them in a disk to their head office , don’t know for what .They do not have an answer for questions and start diverting me to take another program.

I need justice, I need my money to be refunded for all the fake promises and compensation for wasting my time for 0% growth and advertising 100% misleading people.

What ever u do now don't let them talk u into STRAND BY STRAND,,,it's an absolute nightmare ,,all it is ,is a WIG!!!!!and they will try and rip u off again....this company has the worst history all u need to do is a bit of research ..they conned me as well,,

@PissedConsumer1037770

was talked into it but I refused. I have seen the online reviews and decided am not going to be fooled again .

View more comments (1)
Advanced Hair Studio New Zealand's reply to:

Unhappy with Advanced Hair Studios.

Mr Huata it has been over seven years since you last underwent a hairloss treatment program with AHS at our then Napier Studio. Given how much time has elapsed since we last treated you, AHS would welcome the opportunity to review your hair loss condition. If at your free consultation we believe that we can assist you then we will happily restart your program at no cost to yourself. Your nearest studio is now either Hamilton, or Wellington. Please contact Chris Attrill at clientrelations@advancedhair.com.au and we will happily organise your appointment. We look forward to meeting with you in the near future.
Service
Advanced Hair Studio New Zealand Hair Treatment
Not as described/ advertised
Let the company propose a solution

I paid $5000.00 of my hard earned money to advanced hair studios. money I should have spent on my kids 10 years ago.

absolutely nothing grew back or even hinted of growing back. I am so disgusted in this company. Putting false hope into men and ripping them off. Guys it doesn't work.

spend your money on your kids and shave your hair off.

shame on you advanced hair studios.

I was just wondering how many men have done the advanced hair studio treatment, and come out of it feeling like the treatment actually worked. Can you please give us a percentage that were pleased with the results and a percentage that weren't.

Brands Related to Advanced Hair Studio New Zealand

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article