The engine ran great till it made a noise set code for engine miss

I bought a engine for a dodge 5.7 liter 2800. Dollars it lasted just a little over 30 days and 900 miles when it set a code for engine miss check it out they told me to pull the Cly head the piston came apart they told me a bad injector or vacuum leak the truck never set any code till the miss fire code the old engine had a 190000 miles on it it didn't come apart now they said they won't take care of it I'm *** don't buy anything from them I'm sending the engine to jasper engine to see what is wrong with it

PLEASE take some grammar lessons, your review made my head hurt

Engines are warranted for any manufacturing defects for a period of three years or 100,000 miles. The manufacturer has always stood behind their engines and whenever an issue falls into the "gray area", they take care of it.

In this instance, the failure was clearly caused by an external force. I understand the customer being upset, but the ire is directed at the wrong entity.

View more comments (1)
Burlington, Kentucky

Don't buy from them, they are crooks

I bought an engine and it failed, I took it back and they told me I had a vacuum leak and that caused the head gasket to fail, the engine ran perfect and I could remove the head bolts with a 3/8 ratchet so the heads were not torques properly. They refused to warranty the engine and I had to eat 500.00 in parts and labor. They don't stand behind their product. Don't get cheated like I did go somewhere else and buy an engine. I hope this helps someone else not get taken advantage of like I did. They treated me bad and were very unprofessional. I have never dealt with anyone like this in my life before.

I don't know who this is or what this engine is, but, when an engine is over heated, head bolts are stretched and will loosen. No engine manufacturer will warranty an over heating problem.

You are not alone, they got me too. I can't believe they are still in business, the old guy there Jack he wouldn't know a motor if it hit him in the face.

View more comments (1)
Louisville, Kentucky
Loss

Advance Engine Exchange dont do business with them.

Advance Engine Exchange ADVANCED ENGINE EXCHANGE are liars and dishonest. 1006 Ulrich Avenue Louisville, KY 40219 502-968-**** or toll free at 1-80*-905-**** Email: info@***.com We ordered an engine for out 38 Foot Boat. We spoke to a Rep.Sean. We called him for about 3 days asking questions, the warrentee etc. We gave the the Serial numbers of the old engine that was in the boat. That is the only way we would know what to order. Got the engine for a boat, SO they say. Our Certified Mechanic took the old engine out and put theirs in. For 1 month he could not get it to work. He replace every part, still would not work. Called Advance Engine Exchange. The make excuses for us to try this and that. To come to find out they sent us a Auto oil pump. This goes on and on and on. Now 4 mechanics later and $7,000 the engine never ran. I called to ask to the the engine back PER their agreement and warranty. Now Seans father gets involved ( a family thing cover up) Jack. Jack the owner says we cant take it back we don't warranty Marine engines. Now we have to pull out their engine and buy a new engine and have it installed.... $11,500. That is not counting the $3,330 for Advance Engine Exchanges engine and the $7,000 to have it installed. Don't do business with them. They are now saying we ORDERED the wrong engine. It is our fault. The truth is they sent the wrong engine and oil pump and will not back their warranty or their mistake. They tried to act like a big company, but found out it is a family. Beware ..... don't do business with them. Pissed off.

Thanks for the info from all of you. I was going to order from this company because I live in ky.

I will not even attempt to deal with this company. They should stand behind the product.

My family and friends have had numerous dealings with Advanced Engine Exchange and have found them to be professionally run and supply great customer service and also a great product. I ran across this complaint when I was looking for their phone number to have them install a engine in my son's vehicle.

This is the third different vehicle we have had them work on for us and they have always been great!

I hope people will not get the wrong idea about this company. They have always gone above and beyond for our family and everyone we have sent to them.

@PissedConsumer363582

Don't sound like they stand by their product to me, and you know what not have I seen on the complaints that they wanted the customer to call them to have a discussion about what went wrong,,that alone tells me more about this company than I would like to find out,,,WOW.

View more comments (2)
West Palm Beach, Florida

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article