Good Dental work but very bad Service!

STAY AWAY FROM THIS BUSINESS!!! Good quality work to be sure but very bad service. They were supposed to install a permanent filling after the root canal but mistakenly put in a temporary one that had to be drilled out and replaced, their mistake but they charged me an extra $400.00 for it along with a 58$ mistake they made billing my insurance. When I got the bill, I called them and they said they would take care of it. A month later I got threatened with collection. Called them again, same person said they would take care of it, but I would have to pay the $58. Fine I agreed, they never followed through so a month later they I called them again, they refused to let me speak to a manager and said this time I needed to pay the full bill, My credit will get ruined by collection.

Dear Gene R.,

We are very receptive and appreciate the feedback of our patients. This gives us the opportunity to improve aspects of our growing practice.

Every day the doctors and the staff members are striving to deliver excellent standards in clinical service, as well as customer satisfaction, with hours of training and hard work.

Your review is welcomed and we are happy to clear any confusion on this situation. We, as an endodontic office, rarely place permanent fillings, unless we have specific situations necessitating permanent fillings - when we do so, the work performed is always charged.

Your specific situation required a permanent filling considering you were not able to return to your dentist for an extended period of time (you were leaving the stated for work for several months in a remote area). We were understanding and caring to take the extra time/overhead and place a permanent filling/core build up to avoid contamination of the root canal therapy and multiple problems few months later.

Advanced Endodontic Therapy would like to correct a couple of things mentioned above in your review:

1. We do not offer permanent fillings for the amounts mentioned above by you and this could be verified any time by simply calling our practice.

2. Your dental insurance reached the calendar year maximum benefits allowed and therefore the permanent filing/core build up placed was not covered by your insurance. this amount became your responsibility, as in any other situation and any other dental office, this amount became your out of pocket expense. 3.

When realizing how upset you were regarding this matter, despite being seen right away and helped with your dental pain (before leaving town for several months, in a remote area), our front desk team offered 50% discount to help ease your pocket pain. As you personally noted, our clinic offers very good quality work, using the most advanced microscopic technology.

Advanced Endodontic Therapy team is very proud to make a difference in the community by helping daily patients in pain, in a prompt and respectful way. The Advanced Endodontic Therapy Team

@Ruben

You guys just don't get it. Your response is defensive and demonstrates that your business does not pay attention to what I complained about.

The permanent filling was ordered before I got there. You should have told my dentist you don't do that then and there. I also reminded your staff of the permanent filling when I arrived at your office, again you should have said something! Finally, if I had not questioned you guys prior to leaving, I would have walked out unknowingly with a temporary in my mouth.

I had to sit down again while they re-drilled the temp out and replaced it! BAD COMMUNICATION! Also, the tooth is getting worse and I suspect you cracked it from all the extra drilling. I will probably have to pay more to have iut pulled now.

In regards to the money issue, your staff should have been able to give me a proper price and you still don't get that.

Your internal business issues and communication issues are your problem, but you made them mine! This whole thing has largely escalated from your staff's inability to do proper billing, proper follow up, and clear communication. I made multiple attempts to work with your staff, but they totally failed to follow up or return my billing inquiries. I called numerous times and got a different story every time about what would be done.

It is a sad commentary that college educated professionals treat consumers as CASH COWS and MILK us, our insurance and our flex plans as if they are free money! Every penny comes from our paychecks!!!

This lack of business savvy and common sense, along with poor communication is becoming endemic to the medical/dental professions across the board.

View more comments (1)
ID
Omaha, Nebraska
Pros
  • Good quality dental work
  • Staff was courteous
Cons
  • Poor communication
  • No follow up
  • Bad customer service
Reason of review
Bad communication, business does not follow up after multiple phone calls, lied to me that they would resolve the issue, sent me a collection notice, refused to let me speak with a manager, they are basically charging for a mistake they made.
Loss
Preferred solution
They need to write off the full amount and promptly provide me with proof of resolution in full along with written proof that collection action is stopped. If they damag my credit, I will pursue court action against them.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article