Advanced Dermatology Care Receptionist Review

Came in at 10:30 for an 11:10 appointment, was treated poorly by a receptionist with blond short hair and glasses and have waited 30 minutes for a wound care appointment, when asked the receptionist put me in as a no show and now I sit and wait some more! Poor receptionist care!
Service
Advanced Dermatology Care Receptionist

Beware of ordering from Advanced Dermatology

Their online ad offers a starter kit for $59.95. It will take about 15 minutes of searching through their ad to find Terms and Conditions, which note that if you purchase the starter kit, you will then be sent additional kits every 90 days. Should you choose to cancel, you must notify the comapny 5 days before receiving the subsequent kits you didn't realize you signed up for. Then, good luck getting a refund for THAT return. Furthermore, I used the starter kit and saw no improvements whatsoever. When I did a search for an ingredients list I found, via othe reviews, that the company is rather disingenuous regarding the posting of this list. My advice: go to a reputable company to get your skincare. One that does not try to scam you into purchasing products that you don't need and that are ineffective.

how do you get anyone to answer the phone???

Chicopee, Massachusetts
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Inexperienced nurse practitioner sees patient instead of doctor.

Jessica Rosenblum of the Scottsdale, Az office saw me instead of the doctor. She was haughty, insulting and gave out incorrect information about a specific drug which I have been using for a few years. She tried to diagnose me with something totally different that what I know I have and I also know and understand the treatments. In essence, she had no experience and no business seeing me as a patient. The doctors in this practice should be ashamed of themselves. There is a huge risk here. I walked out after wasting an hour of my day and spending $50 for a copay when they did nothing but insult me and lie to me. I was scheduled to see Dr Karin Macnau.

First of all, Jessica is a Physician Assistant, not a Nurse Practitioner. The fact that you don't even know the official title of the provider you're publicly slamming on the internet should automatically discredit you.

I personally have been seeing Jessica Rosenblum, PA-C for at least the last 3 years and for MANY various skin issues.

She has never once misdiagnosed me or given me a treatment that hasn't worked. In fact, I PREFER to see her than the doctors in this practice because she always takes the extra time to explain things in detail and the doctors are always acting like they're in too big of a rush.

Oh and maybe I should mention that I am personally a resident physician, so I actually have the qualification to "review" this provider's ability to provide medical care.

@PissedConsumer1017734

Could not have said this better myself!!

I don't know what society has come to that patients - almost always people with ZERO medical knowledge - think they have the ability or authority to evaluate, let alone publicly blast a medical provider on the internet.

Thank you to the resident physician above for their comments, this is a person who actually IS qualified to comment on the matter.

Uneducated people should limit writing internet reviews to their dining experiences! Just my opinion ;)

Obviously this patient claims to know more than the professional which seems haughty to me so why bother wasting everybody's time? Patient could have self treated.

Sounds like Dr Macnau escaped the problem thrust upon the PA.

@PissedConsumer1017555

Agreed! Poor Jessica, sounds like she had to deal with a know-it-all "Dr.

Google" bozo - doesn't even know the title of the medical professional they saw (Jessica is a PA not an NP...also can't even spell Dr. Machnau's name correctly). It's hilarious that this person wants to be refunded for their visit! Hahahah.

Omg I cannot believe the society we live in. Ew.

View more comments (3)
Scottsdale, Arizona
Cons
  • Unprofessionalism of front desk
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Procedure Left a Large and Unnecessary Scar

I went in to have a very small (pencil point) lump on my chest looked at. The woman there, who was not a doctor, asked me if I wanted the lump biopsied. She said she would just shave the lump off. What she didn't tell me is that she was going to shave deeply into my chest, leaving a large scar on my chest. She didn't tell me that another procedure could be done to minimize or nearly eliminate scarring. She didn't tell me that they could use liquid nitrogen to obliterate the lump without leaving *** in my chest. This is a clinic that performs cosmetic and medical procedures. A clinic like this should perform the procedure that will leave the least scarring. Instead, I now have a permanent large scar on my chest that looks ugly. I am a young person and have to live with this because I believe the clinic staff didn't care about my appearance. I believe this was the quickest procedure they could perform so they did it without regard to whether it was the best procedure for me, the patient. I wouldn't go to this clinic that didn't bother explaining the potential scarring or other options and also didn't make an actual doctor available to me to determine the best course of action.

As a general rule, a biopsy is performed to make or confirm a diagnosis. Did the person you saw think it was possible the "lump" on your chest was a skin cancer? If so, then cosmetics don't play a role...

ID

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article