Charged for Services not Received

Made arrangements to have a car DVD/navigation system installed and purchased the system plus labor on my credit card. Called one day later and cancelled the installation but Advanced Car Stereo refused to credit back the charge on my credit card. After multiple discussions with credit card company, finally got my money back because Advanced Car Stereo had altered the receipt, but through no help at all from Advanced Car Stereo. They were determined to keep my money. They first said they had to pay the installer before the installation was done and the entire amount went to pay the installer- sure. Then they indicated they were "stuck with" equipment I ordered, but what they were installing was already on the shelf in the store. This is a dishonest company out to rip people off, especially unsuspecting seniors.

please change this complaint the store you went to is not riverside we have nothing todo with jt our the others stores thank you advanced car stereo riverside

ID
Albany, New York
Loss

Cancelled my order before taking delivery but merchant refused to credit my credit card for over $1000.

I ordered a car stereo system, labor plus equipment, and scheduled an appointment for installation several days later. When I called the next day to cancel the order, JT refused to credit back my credit card for over $1000. I have filed complaints with the Better Business Bureau, California Attorney General, credit card company and others. To date Advanced Car Stereo has not agreed to refund my money, claiming their policy is "no refunds." This is obviously a company that has no concern with the customer whatsoever. People should avoid doing business with them unless they like donating their hard earned money to scam artists. How can it be ethical or legal to take my money and give absolutely nothing in return?
ID
Murrieta, California
Loss

About

Advanced Car Stereo Privacy Policy
To read more: http://advancedcarstereo.com/privacy-policy
Summary

Advanced Car Stereo is an online store that specializes in auto acoustic systems and other auto equipment. The products available at Advanced Car Stereo include car audio, car navigation, car security, car video, car mp3 and more. Among car audio products there are speakers, CD receivers, subwoofers, and radar detectors, etc. Navigation products being sold in the store are traffic, receivers, modules, navigators, and software. Advanced Car Stereo also sells marine audio devices. Such brands as Kenwood, Pioneer, Sony, Focal, Infinity and others are presented.

Advanced Car Stereo reviews and complaints
Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article