Non-payment of installation

Paid owner Larry Foster $3,490 for a Lefay Water System which included installation. He delayed delivery for over a month, then could not pay plumber for installation. I paid the plumber additional $450 and Mr. Foster has not repaid me even though he called with apologies stating he would come and pay. Not only did he not come and pay he is now refusing to respond to my telephone calls. There were three family members that purchased the same product and all three of us have had problems with this man and his company. We have since found we could have purchased from another person for less money and more than likely less stress. I would not recommend this company.

Larry Foster changes his copany name frequently - latest one is Water Pro, before that it was Water's Edge, and DC Water Solutions. He was at the Dayton (OH) Home Show in March 2012.

I gave a deposit of $1000 but became suspicious. Managed to get him to come back to OH where he was interviewed by police. He swore to refund my money. To date he sent me a bad check and is full of excuses.Consumer laws aren't strong enough to keep him behind bars, which is where this scam artist belongs.

He gave the police an address in Evansville, IN (837 Lahoff Dr), but he stays in Kentucky.

A friend of mine also bought a system and did get his - we tracked the shipping label to 15721 Bridlegate Dr in Louisville KY (this is the home of a preacher). Google his name and you'll find news stories of his arrest last year by Federal Marshalls in IN.

Just wanted to update everyone --- after working with BBB, Indiana Atty Gen office, filing a small claims suit and filing a KY Atty Gen complaint (which, by the way, the Ky AG office was of NO USE....they sent me a typical *** form letter)... (I had a 3-ring Binder FULL of letters, emails, notes about phone calls, copies of my Ocomplaints, etc.)

Desperate for a strong arm, I contacted Eric Flack, the Wave3 Troubleshooter. Thank heavens for Mr. Flack. He came to our home, looked at all our documentation, and interviewed us. The story's promos started running Friday evening, 1/7. On Saturday 1/8, Mr. Foster was urgently wanting to install! Amazing, the difference! The ball was finally in OUR court! Our unit was installed on Monday, Jan. 10.

Mr Foster blew off the Better Business Bureau and our small claims lawsuit. But, he moved quickly when the story was ready to air! Good luck, Everyone. I can tell you, the plumber who installed our unit was very nice, very honest..hardworking...hard to believe he was mixed up with this guy!

My husband and I purchased a system from him for $1500 agreeing to purchase his demo model at the Middletown Festival. He cashed our check immediately and of course made excuses about why he couldn't install the system.

We demanded our money back. He has promised payment, even promising installments, which of course haven't happened. He avoided our small claims summons 8 times so that did no good. Good luck everyone.

Oh, the latest excuse is his brother is dying of Cancer in Indiana. I find it difficult to be sympathetic.

Larry Foster is an unscrupulous distributor for LeFay water filtration systems who is preying on Kentucky and Indiana residents. While we did get the water system installed after dealing with his plumber, Keith Beck, it cost us an additional $350 to get him to do so.

We paid $3495 to Larry Foster. The check was cashed out immediately and after numerous calls, most of which he did not answer, he referred us to Mr. Beck, who eventually installed the system. He cashed the check prior to installing the system, but did come back to do so.

Mr. Foster continues to not return my calls. LeFay does not respond to my emails.

I have asked for the BBB to investigate both LeFay and Larry Foster. This is unacceptable business practices.

He did the same thing to me in April of 2010. He cashed a check ($2,890) and never installed the system.

We have heard that Mr. Foster has a gambling problem.

If Debbie contacts Lefay she may learn that he has not ordered the unit.

It would appear that he is spending the money before he does business. We got some action from him when we contacted the police with the belief that we were being scammed.

I have had difficulties dealing with Larry Foster, also. We paid $2690; he cashed our check on 10-12-10.

He has had numerous excuses for not installing the unit. I submitted a BBB complaint, and consumer complaint with both Ind and Ky Atty Gen office. I am tired of his excuses.

he claims to have had more death and family problems than anyone I know. Dealing with this dishonesty and laziness is very frustrating.

View more comments (6)
ID
#205395 Review #205395 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lexington, Kentucky

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article