AdRev Reviews

Show reviews that mention
false copyright copyright video channel copyright claims party background claim videos people
Filter review

Verified Reviewer

False Copyright Claims Standard Biz Practice

AdRev - False Copyright Claims Standard Biz Practice
Cannot wait until a Class Action lawsuit is filed against this company. They knowingly make false copyright infringement claims without doing required due diligence to determine if the entity they are filing the claim against has a legal license to use the music. In our case, we have purchased usage licenses from SmartSound who has contracts with the artists. These same artist also use AdRev to protect their music from unlicensed usage. But AdRev merely uses algorithms to identify this music and then automatically files a copyright claim WITHOUT basic due diligence to determine if there is a legal license of the usage. That is illegal. Get to work class action attorneys.

User's recommendation: Don't buy licenses from SmartSound as they do nothing to protect their customers from this practice. All the work is on you to clear the false copyright claim. Artists; you are opening yourself up to class action suit by using AdRev as you made a legal contract and were paid by SmartSound for the licensing of your music.

Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

False copyright claim

AdRev - False copyright claim
So I was streaming and playing game show games with my friends until then AdRev for a 3rd Party false copyright claiming my stream all because of The Price Is Right music in the background and here's a another reason YouTube didn't send me any e-mails cause they are trying to scam me.

User's recommendation: Don't recommend these guys.

Apology

If I was to make andy future customer recommendations I would let People know it is hard to get in contact with you guys

Hello can someone Please contact me I am trying to learn more about content id and monetizing before I make me a you tube channel I am a rap artist and I write all my own raps and I want to know what are all the ropes to make a you tube channel and Protecting my music from gdtting stolen I am disappointed because I texted you guys earlier but I did not get a response
Reason of review
I am just trying to learn all the ropes to making a you tube channel and I am having a hard time getting in contact with you guys

Can't send you a message.

AdRev - Can't send you a message.
Tried to AdRev about signing up on this page: https://adrev.net/contact-us Keep getting this error message: Error: A Database connection using "Mysql" was missing or unable to connect. The database server returned this error: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No such file or directory Notice: If you want to customize this error message, create app/View/Errors/missing_connection.ctp Please help: ClaireLynchEnterprises@***.com
Toronto, Ontario
Damaged or defective

This mother *** company copyrighted my video. And it's a false copyright

AdRev - This mother *** company copyrighted my video. And it's a false copyright
They copyrighted my video on my vacation, like what the *** Dam I wish {{Redacted}} Angry Angry
Got copyrighted
Preferred solution
I want them to not copyright my videos anymore.

تم مطالبتي بحقوق طبع ونشر من جهه يوتيوب علي موسيقي خاصه بكم

تم مطالبتي بحقوق طبع ونشر عن موسيقي خاصه بكم هى عن غير قصد اضفتها الي الفيديو الخاص بي لانها جميله واعجبتني ولم اعرف ان لها حقوق طبع ونشر هو فقط خطا غير مقصود وتم حذف الفيديو نهائي من قناتي من قبل اليوتيوب فاصبح الفيديو غير موجود علي القناه ولا احد سيشاهده التمس رفع الشكوى المقدمه من جهتكم لليوتيوب لمعرفتهم ان المشكله قد انتهت وشكرا جزيلا لتفهمكم
Adrev Customer Care

Falsely claimed copyright of my original material

I make videos showing audio recording technology. One particular video showed me putting microphones on a drumset and then the effect that different audio effects plugins had on the recorded sounds. The part of the video they claimed to own was a few snare hits.

Terrible Support/Communication

I have tried to contact AdRev multiple times. After months of waiting, no response. I am fed up with them and want to unlink my channel. They are truly terrible. DON'T JOIN ADREV! Once they have you, they don't give a single *** about you because you are nothing but money to them. They basically own you. Don't make the same mistake I did, don't join an MCM, especially not AdRev. Best of luck. Oh my gosh, how have I not reached one-hundred words yet? This is almost as annoying as AdRev. But not quite. I only need to type ten more words. There we go.
Poor customer service
To unlink my YouTube account

They Hooked Me and Won't Let Me Go!

Okay...! I'm a sucker! AdRev 'hooked' me and now I cannot monetize my YouTube videos, even though I did NOT link my account with them. Because they have the info/uploads (my stupidity) of my songs, they have their hooks in my royalties! Now, I've been trying repeatedly to cancel my subscription with them...with no luck at all! If they email you...DON'T FALL FOR IT! Don't be a sucker like I was. : ( I really hope I will be able to get my songs loose from the chains they've wrapped around them. No wonder they don't want to make cancelling easy! They want to keep stealing my royalties. Wish me luck getting out of this one.

Hi,

I am with AdRev and I think we just need to whitelist your personal channel so it isn't claimed by your sound recording/publishing assets. We have your music in the system to find other channels using your music, but of course we don't want to claim your own videos.

Simply email partner-support@***.net and explain you are a CID client and need your own music claims released and your channel whitelisted. Tell them Matt told you to write in and I am sure we can have all this settled by Monday.

ID
Cons
  • Misleading terms of service
  • Ease of cancellation process
  • False claims to my copyrighted works
False Claims of Copyrights
Preferred solution
Cancellation of ALL subscriptions with AdRev and its subsidiaries (music and video).

AdRev for a 3rd Party Targets YouTube Channels for False Copyright Claims

AdRev for a 3rd Party Targets YouTube Channels for False Copyright Claims
Ad Rev for a Third Party (or AdRev) is a trademark/copyright troll that places false claims on YouTube content. It claims to be some kind of "publisher" that helps musicians file copyright claims on their behalf and get YouTube revenue, but I can tell you from personal experience that its business is making false copyright claims on YouTube videos, so that it can then get 100% of the revenue generated. I don't even think it manages rights on behalf of musicians at all, that this is just a front for copyright trolling, that it's the people at AdRev themselves that get all the revenue and that there are no musicians involved. Once this company files a complaint against one video, your channel becomes targeted, so that no matter what you upload, AdRev makes sure to file at least one dispute. Could be a gaming video with ambient noise in the background. Could be your ringtone going off in the middle of a vlog. Could be a public domain song from Archive.org or a song that you got permission to use from the musician itself. Doesn't matter. AdRev will just keep flagging each and every one of your videos. And no matter how many times you and thousands of other YouTube channels successfully appeal AdRev's claims, YouTube keeps allowing this scammer to file disputes again and again and again. Just more evidence that AdRev is a scam, many of the videos it tends to target are gaming, which is one of the most popular types of videos on YouTube. Because this is such a lucrative category, it's obvious that AdRev has deliberately targeted it for copyright trolling. In fact, a few YouTubers who were slapped with a copyright claim were emailed by emails from AdRev's support, inviting them to "partner up" with AdRev. Enough is enough. I am past the point of having to exhaust myself silly fighting these jerks on YouTube. I am now going on a public campaign to expose AdRev for what it is, and if possible, generate a class action lawsuit in the process. YouTube has no right to allow such obvious scammers to abuse its monetization program, and to screw the people who spend hours and hours of work into each one of their videos. Included is a video by someone who was impacted by AdRev's thievery.

These ACREV *** are claiming videos even it has less than 20 views and the video is a direct stream from a videogame unedited and without a mic or recorded conversation. How *** up is that?!?!

I currently have one under dispute.. I have disputed MANY of their false claims, and so far have come out OK.

The current one under dispute is a video where I used a recording from 1914 - over 100 years old, totally public domain, downloaded from the Internet Archive, where you can still get it today - it's also on a Wikipedia page and other public domain sources.

They are flat-out crooks stealing the public domain.

Based on my extensive experience with them after many disputes, I intend to make a video expose.

At any rate, I have a piece of advice for those like myself who dare to file disputes.

Besides, of course, making sure that you are RIGHT... always check for a dispute BEFORE publishing your video.

Some claims against you come later, but the automated ones typically come while YouTube is still processing it. If you do not "publish" but instead go to manager, you can see if there is an automated claim. Dispute the claim WITHOUT publishing the video.

This way, the company will get no ad revenue during the dispute process because nobody can access the video. Also, you yourself will lose no ad revenue (if you yourself are monetizing your videos) The downside to this is that unlike other disputes that can be cleared in a day to a week, doing it before publication makes them sit on their butts and you end up waiting the full month until their claim expires. So your videos are not as timely. But at least this way if you are monetizing your vids, you will still get the "new video posted rush" ad revenue...

and they won't. Another caveat is that this will not prevent LATER claims against the same video. I had one where THREE "companies" falsely claimed the rights to the public domain song, one after the other...

as if all three could possibly even own it anyway. Good luck.

Another company did the same to one of my songs in youtube, but i reply to the youtube message telling them i am the author of the music and the lyrics, that guitars were recorded live and some loops were used but were bought. A week later the ad was removed. It seems they are watching for videos who have more than 500,000 views and claiming them.

I'll happily join you in exposing these scammers. Glad to link to your article in my video's description! http://youtu.be/C8tpjca4ofI

I'm with you!

Before it was INgrooves and now it's AdRev! Or Both!

I've just uploaded a video THIS WEEK of my first playthough with "Into The Dead" via the Windows8 store and got a claim. I disputed it of course and just saw it was drclined.

I'm sick of this ***!

Why in the world is YouTube/Google going back to these fools for disputes instead of investigating it themselves!? I'm a small youtuber but I'll be more then happy to join any lawsuit against these types if fool!

#821999

I love how they think they can just come in and say this is mine, and that is mine, yet not only is it NOT, but in some cases there is NO music or any sound effects, and still the claim is made.

AS with one of my freaking Livestreams where i play no game. but instead just talk.

If they start claiming things that ARE mine i am gonna be on pissed of post traumatic squirrel.

sounds like a good idea, on one of my videos they put claims in, backed off on one, but left the other ... guess what, same exact piece of music, my time is worth something, and I've spent several hours having to file these disputes and appeals

Thank you! I absolutely agree as I just got my first flag from them using "royalty free" music.

I sent them an email directly at http://www.adrev.net/contact-us but don't know if this will do any good. It DISGUSTS me that they are making money off my video right now.

Of course I don't want to take it down after it has been viewed so many times, which is what I'm assuming so many others do and why they are making such a profit off others work. Shame on YouTube for risking our accounts by allowing false claims!!!!

YEs your right dude

View more comments (8)
Brooklyn, New York
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article