AdEngage: The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly

I've been in the adult industry for quite some time now and I've tried many advertising companies. As a webmaster, I want my efforts to be rewarded by getting the most out of my websites. Finding the right ad company requires time and effort. I found AdEngage because a friend recommended it to me. Like any other products and/or services, it has its pros and cons. The good: The whole process is easy and simple. From sign-up to setting up the advert up to claiming your earnings. If ever a problem arises, their customer support is quick and helpful in addressing concerns. They have live chat so you don't have to wait for the issue to get resolved. I give importance to the content that are being displayed on my sites and AdEngage provided me with the flexibility that I needed. Publishers like me have full control on which ads appear on my sites. I also could set a price (a reasonable one, of course) for the space they take on my sites. With this, I feel that my sites are valuable because I was able to get the rate that I think I deserve. The bad: AdEngage requires an Alexa better than 1,000,000. I own a huge number of adult and non-adult sites. Although I have other people helping me maintain those (sites), not everything will share the same value or stats. Some or a lot would not rank that high (at least for now) so I wouldn't be able to make use of those. The ugly: I am particular with numbers and I closely monitor how my websites perform every day. AdEngage's statistics are not "real-time" so I need to wait for a certain time before it refreshes. What matters to me is that AdEngage has been honest and on-time with sending payments. There are instances when there are glitches but they were able to fix it.

I'm a webmaster that manages over 50 websites. Based on experience, adengage has one of the better cpm rate in the industry today. They are fantastic!

I agree with your review. However, I would like to share that my websites got approved after 2 weeks.

I thought it only takes a day or two, but two weeks is too long. I wouldn't have found out that some of my sites did not make it if I haven't contacted support. They said I should have received an email, but I didn't.

I guess count that to tech glitches that people experience in using AdEngage. Good thing they give a pretty decent cpm rate compared to other networks so I'm still using them.

View more comments (1)
ID
Pros
  • Easy process
  • Customer service
  • Control over the ads
Cons
  • Delayed statistics
Reason of review
Fair pricing

Adengage involved in Click Fraud

It seems that a blogger over at HubPages has uncovered some very interesting information about the Adengage advertising program. According to his findings Adengage allows publisher to participated in click fraud with the approval or at least the knowledge of the advertising network. There is some really interesting and damning information in this report. He has taken screen shots of deceptive ad placement techniques and even included links to offending sites and statistics on the number of potentially fraudulent clicks. If you are an advertiser or a publisher you should really check out the hub. You can find it here: http://hubpages.com/hub/ADENGAGE-Online-Advertisment-Publishing-RipOFF

i tried adengage as an advertiser

i believe they dont have a proxy/vpn filter mechanism

Scam? Adengage has a lot or room for improvement but saying they scammed someone is a total nonsense.

Why would they still be in the business if they're a fraud? Maybe what happened here is an isolated case.

they seem legit. how can i join?

i am publisher earning $400 monthly

getting 2.5 cpm pretty decent rate. cheers adengage!

@PissedConsumer895652

good for you dude! getting less than that but hey, not bad.

Not the best at this industry (yet) but I trust the staff because I can see they are making efforts to improve their system thus, showing noticeable improvements in my revenue.

Saw this review but still decided to give it a go. My initial comment: everything went smoothly.

Did not encounter a problem. Just have to wait for a month or so to see the results..

This review was written 2008. This is outdated! They are 100% legit.

adengage has improved a lot. I've been hearing lots of negative comments but seems that they are working hard to reorganize. kudos!

View more comments (46)
ID
Mobridge, South Dakota

About

AdEngage Pros and Cons

Pros: Easy process, Customer service, Control over the ads

Summary

Adengage, Inc. operates an online advertising network that displayed more than 100 billion ads during 2010 on thousands of websites around the world. The network acts as a real-time exchange between advertisers and publishers. Through Adengage, Inc. advertisers benefit by being able to target consumers with relevant text and banner ads at scale. Publishers benefit by one of the highest payout rates in the industry, fast payment terms, unrivalled support, a dedicated account team for larger publishers, and tools to help to maximize profits. Adengage, Inc. was founded in 2004 by a webmaster who was frustrated with limited ad-serving options at the time. Large advertising networks wouldn't provide him with the flexibility to customize the ads to his websites, and smaller advertising networks didn't offer the reach and depth of advertisers or the robust tools to manage ad sales to maximize his profits.

AdEngage reviews and complaints

AdEngage is ranked 13 out of 653 in Advertising category

Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article