To our Customer

I'm very sorry that you experienced so many mess-ups on your car. Sometimes we are flooded with so many cars that it's difficult to get every last one of the done in the time that we are given because we may run into problems on one car. (One wreck on the freeway can make it hard to be at work on time.) We never want to keep your car longer than is absolutely necessary, so the reason that you were asked if you could wait was that it takes 2 men 20 minutes to hand wash your car. Also, replacing the brake rotors with the brake job drives the cost up, but greatly increases the life of the repair sometimes as much as 300%. Please give us another chance. If you do, ask for Steve. He has been with me 20 years and I have never seen a more qualified competent honest person that I could recommend to you.
On time delivery

Poor service and high prices

I have been to Adams only a few times, but I will never go there again. On one occasion, my tires weren't balanced with the oil change service (which I know because I had a low tire that was still in exactly the same place after the oil change). Another service I had done there was the replacement of the serpentine belt. A short while after it was replaced it started to make a squealing sound. I took it in and had it adjusted and again, after a short while it is making the same noise again. In addition, the last time I was in I dropped my car off around 7:30 in the morning to have the oil changed, tires rotated and to have a couple of things checked out. I told the manager that was assisting me that I got off at 2:30 and asked if it could be ready by then. When I arrived a little after 2:30 the car still wasn't washed. I was told I could wait or bring the car back and the same manager told me that he didn't know I would be in so early. He obviously needs to work on his listening skills. And that still really doesn't explain how it's possible that the services weren't completed in the 7 hours the car was there. Also, I was told I need rear brakes and got the breakdown of the cost and exactly what services would be preformed. The total was around 400 for the rear brakes and rotors and around 100 for the flush. I checked around at other places and found the exact same services for LESS THAN HALF the price. I really wanted to like this place because the shuttle service is very convenient and they are so close to my job, but the extremely poor customer service, incompetence in the shop, and outrageously expensive prices will send me elsewhere.

i expreienced the same thing

Poor customer service

Do not get your oil change here

Took my car to get an oil change Adams put a cheap and or faulty filter in my vehicle. As result caused oil to spill out the top of the housing unit!! Same your money and take else where. Run!! Called the company and tried to argue over the oil change. The filter was pulled and had dry rotten inside Of the unit. I took pics of where the oil spilled out and I kept the filter. Please just take your vehicle back to the dealership or find a trust worthy company that complete honest work on your vehicle. Took my car to get an oil change Adams put a cheap and or faulty in my vehicle. As a result caused oil to spill out the top of the housing unit.

Oops! Please contact me @pga77@aol.com so I can at least send you a check for the oil change. So sorry for your trouble.

Bad quality

Adams Automotive, 1010 Blalock, Houston, TX 77055

Avoid using these people. I took my truck in for repairs. I told them what my truck needed to run properly. They didn't do what I requested. But they claimed to do $500 worth of labor on something. After 3 days, I took my truck back because the problem remained. They kept it for 4 more days. They wouldn't even call my number to say what they found, they called my wife telling her that they couldn't see a problem. I picked my truck up again. I took it back in 2 days because what I requested them to do in the first place, still was not done. They kept it for one more week, then called telling me that I needed another part that they weren't even sure would correct the problem. However, they were willing to charge me more money for whatever their new prognosis was. I feel that if they were qualified mechanics, they would've recognized the real problem in the first place. It shouldn't have required 3 trips to them if they couldn't repair it in the first place. I'm still not clear what I was billed $500 for. The truck is running the same as it was on the first trip in. Tim Stewart

Mr. Stewart, we only just found this post and are very sorry to learn about your current dissatisfaction with our service.

Our most important goal is 100% customer satisfaction, and we hope that the following explanation will help clear things up for you because we could find no labor charges for $500, only invoices that show the diagnostic fee and our findings.

Here are the technician’s notes from repair orders 92446 and 93454 on your 1997 Chevrolet truck that show what was done and what you were charged for. I hope you will able to get a better understanding of the diagnostic test procedure, what we found, and the repairs that were made for $99.95.

BASIC ENGINE DIAGNOSTICS INCLUDES: PULL CODES AND BASIC VISUAL

INSPECTIONS OF COMPONENTS IN SYSTEM REFERENCED BY COMPUTER SYSTEM

CHECK THE VEHICLE THROTTLE IS STICKING.

DRIVE 60 MILES PER HOUR IT WILL STAY AT 60 MPH. ALSO THE SAME AT 30 MPH.

CIRCUIT TEST PO420 FOR CATALYSTS EFFICIENCY MALFUNCTION DETECTED.,PO507 FOR IDLE CIRCUIT MALFUNCTION DETECTED,P1870 FOR TRANSMISSION COMPONENT SLIPPAGE DETECTED. PINPOINT TESTS SHOWS THE VOLTAGE SIGNAL AT THE IDLE CIRCUIT OUT OF RANGE, FOUND THE BATTERY POSITIVE CABLE END NOT PROPERLY SECURED, INSTALLED NEW NUT AND WASHER, CLEAR THE SYSTEM TROUBLE CODES, PERFORM ADAPTIVE RELEARN PROCEDURES, TEST DRIVE. CHECK FOR TRANSMISSION LEAK FOUND THE PAN LEAKING. $ 99.95 GH CHECK ENGINE LIGHT ON AND STAYS AT 35 MPH WON'T SLOW DOWN EXCEPT WHEN BRAKING 5/11/2010-ALAN TEST DROVE VEHICLE FOR PROBLEM, THE IDLE STUCK ONLY ONE TIME WHEN DRIVEN ON FEEDER ROAD BETWEEN 6 LIGHTS.

ANOTHER WORDS 1 OF 6 TIMES IT HAPPENED. TECH SPOKE WITH LEAD TECH. EDUCATED GUESS SINCE NOT HAPPENING ENOUGH WOULD BE THE IDLE AIR CONTROL MOTOR. 1.00 OIL CAP declined 1.00 IDLE AIR CONTROL MTR declined Since the drive-ability issue was intermittent, it proved very difficult to duplicate, but after extensive test driving, we found that it occurred about 1 out of 6 times, and we were able to verify the complaint and make a diagnosis.

The cause turned out to be the IAC which is the Idle Air Control motor. Since you declined to have this part replaced by our shop we could only assume that you probably just wanted the diagnosis so you could obtain the part and save money by installing it yourself and only found out you were unhappy by reading this post. Although we work for thousands of customers each year, we always do our best to satisfy each and every one.

You are not 'just a number' to us. Please know that we value your business and stand ready to help you with any of your current or future automotive needs.

Houston, Texas

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article