Acura Canada Not Standing Behind Their Product

I have a 2008 MDX Elite which had a recall on the front and rear suspension. The cut off was either 31st December 2016 or 160K whichever occurred first. Since I had bought this MDX as used, the ownership details were not updated with Acura, I go to know of the recall through another source. I promptly reached out to Acura Canada in October 2016 with my mileage at 168K. Despite repeated requests, Acura refused to honor the recall. I find it rather strange that they would not stand behind their product. A recall is a recall and an overrun on the mileage by mere 8K smacks of opportunism on Acura Canada's part to save money. To top it all, the person from Acura Canada told me in not so subtle manner that since I do not take it to the dealership on a regular basis, that is the reason for this situation. While I do not want to spend the better part of the day at their workshop for minor stuff such as oil changes etc., my experience with the local dealership also has been far from satisfactory. They are not only over priced but also very callous and indifferent in their dealings. Suprisinsinlgy, the local dealership never sent me a notice of this recall. I am personally done with Acura and believe that Lexus is not only a better vehicle but they also stand behind their product.
Product
2008 Acura Mdx Car
Cons
  • That they are not willing to stand behind their product
Reason of review
Warranty issue
Loss
Preferred solution
Honour the recall on the vehicle

Service department at FFUN Auto group in Saskatoon

I was scheduled for a service on my 2013 Acura RDX. Was told I had a loaner vehicle that was one of the workers and was given to me with the low fuel light on. Was also told that my vehicle would be ready by 1:30p.m. and it was done at 3:30p.m. Most of my owner information was wrong and had to be changed and I feel that this dealer should not be in the business of sell new vehicles of any kind due to the terrible service, no one I purchased the vehicle from or financed it through was still employed at this dealership. Will never recommend this place to anyone or take my vehicle back to them ever.

The original reviewer either, a) Had a *** day and needed to vent about whatever he/she could think of, or b) Is the type of negative personality who will complain about anything.

I've owned an Acura for more than 10 years and have been very impressed with the service department at Acura Centre. To the point that it will influence my next vehicle buying decision in favour of this dealership.

In 10 years of oil changes, regular maintenance and tire changes (no major repairs to a VERY dependable car) I've found the Acura Centre staff to be friendly and helpful. They've never tried to sell extra, unneeded repairs or quoted fraudulent prices, unlike one particularly awful Nissan dealer in Edmonton I had the misfortune to visit some time ago.

As for complaining about a loaner car needing fuel? Sounds pretty nitpicky for a complaint. How many service departments even provide a loaner car? Some departments for other luxury brands NEVER seem to have loaners when you need them (according to reports from friends and family). Never had this problem with Acura Centre.

I realize this is a lengthy reply to an obscure complaint, which very few people will even read. But I encounter so much poor customer service on a daily basis, and it *** me off to see a business get slammed when they're one of the FEW who do things right.

Acura Centre's service department (FFUN Auto group in Saskatoon) is top notch. I'd recommend them to anyone.

Saskatoon, Saskatchewan

Acura MDX 2008 drumming thudding noise from rear

Acura MDX was taken to the dealer thrice for the same problem. First and second attaempt they probably did nothing and returned the SUV. Third attempt they cahnged the dampers. Sound still persiists when driving below 40kmph on rough roads. This is not acceptable for a 57000 Dollar SUV. I don't think they can fix the problem. This is a known issue with MDX 2008,2009,2010 models. When you demo the car they distract you with the superb Mark Levinson music system. No wonder they put the system in to camouflage the suspension sound. This is going to be my first and last Honda.
Calgary, Alberta

Brands Related to Acura Canada

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article