Poor Customer Service

On 05/25/2013, I ordered Si Miao San for my Jack Russell Terrier. I thought I would try them out rather than my vet's office due since they sell capsules rather than powder, since it is really a pain to put everything in a capsule myself. On 06/12/2013, I contacted the Acupuncture Atlanta about merchandise not received. Due to waiting almost three weeks to receive the merchandise, I had to reorder the Si Miao San from my vet, and I asked them just to credit my American Express card. In the live chat, I spoke to a representative who repeatedly asked me the same questions, and I had to repeatedly advise her the merchandise was not received. She asked me to check with my neighbors, whom I might add are never required to accept packages for me, and repeatedly asked me to check with others in the household when I told her I was the only one who frequently checks the mail. She said they don't offer refunds, rather they reship the material; therefore, I asked her to make an exception since I already repurchased the material. I also spoke with someone directly via e-mail who stated a supervisor would call me back. No one called. Therefore, I filed a dispute with American Express. Several weeks later, I received a letter from American Express stating they were taking the dispute out of status. Why? They had received a letter from Acupuncture of Atlanta stating they mailed the merchandise, and they gave them a tracking number. The problem is it was the same order that was originally shipped, and it was the order that I had requested a refund on. In turn, I had to file another dispute; therefore, I also opened up a BBB report stating the merchandise was not received, no one has contacted me, and that they never sent out new herbs per their policy, even though I asked for a refund. You'd think that they'd at least resend the order if they were refusing to refund the order. Acupuncture of Atlanta responded to the BBB fairly quickly. Their correspondence was curt, evasive, and didn't answer the main question of my BBB complaint, which was why a supervisor never called me back when it was requested, why if their policy was to reship that they failed to do so, and why they didn't give me a refund if the product wasn't reshipped. They also insinuated that they thought it was odd that I didn't contact them sooner if my dog was almost out of Si Miao San, which is a moot point since I can also walk down the street and get it from my vet's office. Therefore, I wrote back stating they were not addressing my complaint, and that I planned to write a scathing review about them online. That must have gotten their attention, and I believe this was the only reason I finally received a call back, almost ONE MONTH LATER. On 07/16/2013, I received a v-mail from someone at their company, presumably a supervisor. Keep in mind that the call was received almost 60 days after the initial order, and more than a month after I told them I had not received the Si Miao San. I called back and left a message stating they needed to direct correspondence through the BBB, since they waited so long to make contact, and that I believed this was a better venue to handle the dispute. I agree with the person that wrote a complaint several years ago. Their correspondence is poor at best. I will not do business with them again because of their poor communication, and I'd suggest that any customer thinking about doing business with them think long and hard about our complaints.
ID
Olathe, Kansas

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article