Multiple call out charges for fixing same problem. No work guarantee

My 85 year old mother has a chairlift used regularly until she was admitted to hospital. It stopped working and I called to repair the problem $165 plus parts. I was not told to wait til it was fixed. I assumed it was fixed and came a few days later to find it wasn’t working. Called again to get it fixed saying I wouldn’t be there. They came and said they couldn’t enter because I want there - apparently that was my fault! The xame again to fix the same problem. I checked it later and it worked to get to the bottom of the stairs then topped working. Whilst Mum was ok hospital it remained there. I let them know but I took 8 weeks to book in another call due to Mums not being in the house. Another call out and $165 and parts. I complained t multiple people about being charged again to fix the same problem. I was blamed for not using it regularly and explained I couldn’t use a broken machine, blamed for debris building up under the broken chair, blamed for leaving the broken chair at the bottom of the chairlift, blamed for not piling the broken chairliift. Excuses excuses excuses. I was told as it was out of warranty, and they do not guarantee their work on out if warranty chairs, if they needed to come out again in a couple of months I’d be charged again. DONT BUY THIS PRODUCT!
ID
Belrose, New South Wales
Service
Acorn Stairlifts Australia Stairlift Repair
Reason of review
Bad quality

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article