Ace World Wide missed my quote by $1,128.79

In April of this year, I began looking into job opportunities in the Sacramento, CA area. As part of this process, I interviewed and received quotes from three nation-wide moving companies. The company I decided to use was Ace World Wide in Cudahy, WI. The sales representative I dealt with, John Donovan, gave me the original non-binding quote for $3,506.24. Mr. Donovan revised the quote down to $2,938.24 based on the elimination of five rather large pieces of furniture from the original quote. Only after my household belongings were in transit to California was I informed that Mr. Donovan's quote was severely inaccurate. Ultimately, I paid Ace World Wide $4,067.03 - a difference of $1,128.79. During a phone conversation with Mr. Donovan, I asked him how he could have missed my quote by so much. His reply was simply "I don't know". I highly recommend that anyone considering using a moving company only accept binding quotes. Against my better judgment, I chose this company's non-binding quote based on Mr. Donovan's assurance that his quote would be accurate based on his twenty-six years in the moving business.
ID
Rocklin, California

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article