Verified Reviewer
Advanced Reviewer

Inflated hourly rate, handyman worked slow

Because my fiance' was not coming home on leave in April as anticipated, I hired a handyman to come in and set up my entertainment center which had to be assembled and to set the heavy 43" TV on the new entertainment center. I also wanted him to glue the molding under the master bathroom cabinets as it had pulled away. Also, to replace two screens and oil the windows so they were easy to open. The handyman, Daryl, was here for 3 hours. In that time, all he did was assemble the entertainment center (easy even for me, but it took him nearly 3 hours), move a printer in the garage that I wasn't using, and oil the windows. I could have put the entertainment center together in half the time and I'm not a handyman. And for all this, I was charged nearly $550.00. He never glued the molding down (he said he had no glue with him) even though I informed the scheduler, Kathy, ahead of time that he needed to glue down the molding. He was also 15 minutes late. moldoing un molding under the master bath

User's recommendation: Use with Extreme Caution.

Elgin, Illinois

Poor service from Ace Handyman Window Division and Home Advisor

I went on Home Adviser looking for some one to do some work at my house. I put in my information and Ace Handyman contacted me. They gave me a price and asked for a deposit. I gave them $548.00, we agreed on a start date(15 Sep 15). When the date came and went, I tried to contact them, none of the phone numbers worked. When I contacted Home Adviser, they sounded ALL apologetic but told me there was nothing they could do. I felt if they are going to represent a company they need to work better to solve problems. Not happy and I do not recommend either business.

We had the same problem only we had over $3000 at stake. Home Advisors could not reach them and we ended up being the victim of fraud.

Newport News, Virginia
Reason of review
I was robber by Ace/No customer service from Home Advisor
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Ace Handyman And Remodeling - Roof Repair Review from Gloucester Courthouse, Virginia

Contacted HOME ADVISOR based on TV adds on Fox News. They referred Ace Handyman Yorktown VA. Issue was remove mold and repair roof. Price AGREEMENT was detailed and justified the price. Work accomplished however was only a fraction of the agreement and was far from being professional . We had to provide tools and some materials. Litter was left on the ground and driveway. HOME ADVISOR asked for performance information which was negative. Information was not posted.

Total loss was over $2900. Work @Ace Handyman Window Division was to do has been redone or is needed to be fixed at additional cost to us but less than what @Ace Windows wanted.

They are a scam company beware. There is much more to tell than poor unprofessional work and charges for work never accomplished.

Home Advisor has since agreed to post review. Ace Handyman has not been available for attempt to resolve.

Twice has there commitment to fix but both were no-shows. The worst "professional services " we have experienced in 55 years.

View more comments (1)
Gloucester Courthouse, Virginia
Reason of review
Poor customer service

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article