Painting Job

Accentuate Walls owned by Richard Richard Buxenbaum. The most dishonest man I ever dealt with. This just happened this morning on 12/16/2010. He took $1500 as a deposit from us to finish the paint job in the home we recently bought for total of $4100. He just worked for few hours yesterday and left. He started demanding more money to come back this morning. He robbed us and a very unreliable person. He talks sweet but is a devil. Beware of him and never get trapped in his sweet talks and ever give him a job. Shashi Goyal

I can attest to the workmanship of Richard Buxenbaum and Accentuate Walls. About 3 years ago I needed my master bedroom repainted and it also required extensive prep work (scraping, plastering, skim coats).

I was extremely pleased with his efficiency and pricing, finishing the job in less than 2 days with no damage to my sensitive wood furniture or new carpet. I'm actually using Richard again this weekend.

Because of the current economic climate, he's more than willing to work with me on payment. I look forward to working with Richard again.

Shashi Goyal is the one who is dishonest. Initially we agreed on a deposit of $2000 and a total price of $4100 to paint the interior of his house.

He shorted me $500 on the deposit which should have been a warning to me, but he promised to pay the rest later. The $1500 he gave me barely covered the labor costs and supplies for the time my crew was at his house. Nevertheless, we did more than half the job, including extensive prep work and completion of the ceilings and most of the closets. The workmanship was excellent and all floors and unpainted surfaces were thoroughly protected.

In the middle of the job, Mr. Goyal suddenly changed the specifications. Without telling me, he had a carpenter do add-ons, which also added to my work. Originally we had agreed on neutral colors, but he changed that to custom, deep-based colors (nonreturnable) and a more expensive line of ultra premium paint.

He expected to get all this for the same price. When I told him I would need the additional, agreed upon $500 by the next morning to purchase the paint he now wanted, he refused and told me he would hire another contractor to finish the job. I tried to resolve this issue with Goyal, but he was unreasonable so I cleared out my men and equipment. The second contractor, who had less work since I and my crew had done the hard part, was paid no more than what Goyal originally had agreed to pay me for the rest of the job.

Therefore, Goyal was not out any money.

The funny thing is I did a 10-room house for his brother earlier in the year, who gave me an excellent online recommendation with www.servicemagic.com. Two brothers could not be more different.

View more comments (1)
ID
#211926 Review #211926 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Garden City, New York

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article