Accelerated Debt Solutions Reviews

Show reviews that mention
debt people credit number debt settlement suit money account consumer attorney
Filter review

UPSET

I RECEIVED A CALL FROM THEM AND I CALLED BACK, NOT FOR SURE WHO THEY WERE BECAUSE THEY DID NOT SAY WHO THEY WERE, THE LADY WAS NICE, I THEN HANG UP THE PHONE AND CALLED AGAIN TO ASK A QUESTION AGAIN BECAUSE I WASN'T UNDERSTANDING A MAN ANSWER THE PHONE AND HE WAS DARN RIGHT RUDE, I MAY OWE AND I MAY NOT OWE. I HAVE HAD STROKES AND I LOST MY LONG TERM MEMORY I DO NOT REMEMBER ANYTHING WHAT SHE WAS TELLING ME ABOUT WHAT I OWED. THAT MAN IS NOT PROFESSIONAL ESPECIALLY TO PEOPLE LIKE ME THAT LOST INCOME AND ABLITIES. PLEASE I DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO. UPSET
Reason of review
Poor customer service

Let's go after accelerated solutions.

Over the past ten years I had a set of very unfortunate circumstances and accrued some minor debt (my student loans were the only major debt I had). Recently, when the economy took a nose dive my industry (nonprofit work) was wiped out. To ride the storm, I went to grad school to pursue another field. In the process of all of these life decisions, I went to work on the debt issue. When I began paying off any current debt, I began to receive harassing phone calls. Many came from Accelerated. They called my elderly and sick parents, they threatened to sue me, they acted like the "papers" were already being served. At this point, I did not know about any of my rights or the statute of limitations. (this debt was eight years old and in my state the limitation is up at 6 years) I avoided them for a while, but when they began harassing me in January and calling my parents, they then  called me while on the road traveling for school. They threatened a suit. They said to settle (the debt was originally around 400.00, they were asking for over a thousand, but then came down to 600.00) I said all I can give you is 300.00 and I have to take that out of my student aid. They agreed to this. When I returned home and was in a settled place, I ordered my credit report. So many random calls were coming in and I have not accrued debt in over seven years so i wanted to see what was going on. It was then I realized that not ONE of these agencies which were calling me were calling about debt on my report. I called Accelerated and told them that I would not pay anymore to them and they had violated many of my consumer rights by harassing me into giving them a payment out of my student aid because they threatened me with a lawsuit that they could not pursue under the Statute of Limitations. The person at Acclerated told me that  BECAUSE I HAD MADE A PAYMENT to them I Had revoked the Statute of Limitations. When I said that is because you broke many fair debt collection practices and threatened me with a lawsuit. She began yelling VOCIFEROUSLY at me and said I had not recorded their calls and they were now going to disregard my 300 payment and go after me for 2000.00. I told her I was reporting her to the FTC and to the AG. She still yelled and said I had no proof that they had threatened a lawsuit. It was then she sarcastically said, "Did you record my calls?" I called the FTC and the representative referred me to an opinion letter in which it states that a payment can not revoke the statute of limitations. (see the opinion letter on FTC website by Amason) She advised I mail that letter to this company. I told her this was not my only circumstance. That in my attempt to clean up credit and do everything I can to survive this economy, I had somehow triggered junk debt collectors to call me non-stop about debt from ten years ago. When I confront any of these collectors, they go absolutely crazy and begin yelling. So much that I can't even ask them to stop calling me and tell them I will report them, or get a word in to ask for their mailing address so I can send a letter to cease. Also, I have been monitoring my credit and have had  a hard inquiry from a collection agency in LA, Full Spectrum Litigation, that lists NO debt on my report, no account or anything in relation to this hard inquiry. Because they are listed as a debt collector on my report I called them to see what  account this was in connection with. ( I currently have paid off most debt on my report, except student loans). The number provided goes to an anonymous voicemail box, no company name, nothing. I left repeated messages informing them of their obligation to communicate what this matter was about that was posted on my report. No response. When I call now the mailbox is full. HOW DO WE STOP THESE PEOPLE? I have called the FTC and the AGs associated with the state these agencies are in, but they keep coming out of the woodwork and it is unbelievable that consumers can experience this. From all of the complaints on the web, it seems that reporting to the AG does nothing. I did not know that handling debt and doing the best thing you can would trigger this response from predators. I am receiving calls daily from at least three different junk collectors. Also, I have no intention of paying Accelerated anymore money. I am sending them the opinion letter from the FTC, reporting them to the AG and FTC, but I am a full time grad student and can not afford an attorney to dispute them. Online there are varying opinions and some say that by paying them the 300.00 in January I revoked the statute of limitations. What are your thoughts? I will record all calls from them going forward, and I and going to report them to anyone and everyone that will listen. They had me crying on the phone because I had no money to pay them and then threatened and harassed me and now are threatening me more. HELP. Please. There needs to be a class action lawsuit against Accelerated and other agencies like them. Any advice is much appreciated Reply ! 1 2 3 4

This review should be on this page. Accelerated Financial Solutions is the collection agency, but Accelerated Debt

Accelerated is not a collection company I have done business with them in the past and you may be confused from reading other posts. They really helped me get those collection agencies off my back and get my debts taken care of.

You should not be talking to these people on the phone AT ANY TIME. Get one of those little loud horns, and when they call, tell them to listen carefully and then give them a blast.

If they send something in writing, then you know what to do. See budhibbs.com for more help.

Remember, going to court is not always that bad. In fact, you might even win!

View more comments (2)
Chattanooga, Tennessee

Nothing short of harrassment

I have been receiving calls from Accelerated Debt Solutions for over a month. I repeatedly asked them not to call and am on the Pennsylvania Do_not_call list but none of this did any good to stop them from calling. Today alone I received three phone calls from them. The really frustrating part is I have no debt: I own my car and house outright and generally pay cash for everything I need even though I do have several credit cards. I have no idea how to get this company to stop calling short of changing my phone number and that probably wouldn't do any good anyway since they use the 'demon dialer's' to place these calls. During one call last week the young 'gentleman' re[resenting this company threatened to turn me over for threatening him when, out of frustration, I said I would smack him upside the head if these calls did not stop.

Please report them to the attorney general in your state as well as in VA and call the FTC. What they are doing is unethical and many times illegal. But they keep it going because consumers dont assert their rights and because they scare people into thinking they have no rights. Junk debt collectors need more legislation to monitor their illegal practices and that won't happen until we tell the FTC and AGs what is going on.

The FTC is aware of them, and the more complaints they get we can hope they crack down on people like Accelerated.

Call FTC, they will give you all of the AG information.

t

Erie, Pennsylvania

Accelerated Debt Solutions

I have Read the previous post on this site and something does not seem right. Although it may have been a disgruntled employee fact still remains that all that was said about the company seems to be true. I have been enrolled in their debt settlement program for 6 mo. I understand things like this do not happen over night but I am fed up with this company and would not recommend it to any one. I am just starting to truly see how much money this company makes off each client. First off they hire these guys from India to harass you and call 8 times a day till you agree to speak with one of their counselors. Like in the Previous post it does not seem like these people your talking to truly care about your best interest. There vague on critical details and push you to commit on the first conversation. They Ask for Credit Card account numbers social security numbers and many other pieces of personal Info. To make a very long and painful story short i have done my research on Accelerated Debt solutions who is a marketing company for the Consumer Attorneys of America (Formerly Consumer Law Group who not to mention is fighting a class action law suit against them by the attorney general of North Carolina.) I have cancelled with this company and have gone with a local company who charges a fraction of what these crooks where taking. Let it be known im writing this for everybody who wants to save themselves the 6 mo. of aggravation i have spent with these people. Be advised to enroll with Accelerated debt solutions there is a huge price to pay. They are not looking out for your best interest they want your money your another number. If you choose to do business with them be prepared for the world of *** your putting yourself in. Good Luck ADS I doubt a business can survive they way you guys run things over there.

What is the name of the Local company that you went with

Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Accelerated Debt Solutions

Update by user Apr 11, 2011

THIS POSTING IS A BIG MISUNDERSTANDING LET IT BE KNOW AND IF PISSED OFF CONSUMER WOULD LET ME I WOULD DELETE IT. PLEASE DISREGARD. TY

Update by user Apr 11, 2011

This company does work with a legitimate law office who does show a track record of helping people with there debts. There are honest and hard working people that work for this company that i do know personally although i know longer work there i have been trying for the last couple months to remove this post although Pissed off consumer does not let you edit your posts i will add this to the page and hope it does not turn anyone away anymore.

Let it be clear i worked there for over a year and a half did not get paid when i left so i was mad. Yes this posting was done by a disgruntled employee.

There are honest people at this place. Thank you.

Original review posted by user Dec 11, 2010
This company is nothing more than a telemarketing chop shop that puts high pressure quotas on there sales reps to produce. 5 deals or less gone on to the next its a revolving door. What does this mean to the consumer? Well, plenty your nothing more than a number they don't care about your financial situation or care to help you in any way they want your money. Due to the recent FTC Law on Debt settlement many things have change within in this organization they were the marketing and sales end of "Consumer Law Group, PA" of Boca Raton, FL. FYI Do your research on them they are being sued by the attorney general of North Carolina for 12 million. "Suit says debt relief firm took illegal fees" quoted from October 6th issue of the Florida Sun Sentinel. Not to mention the hundreds of complaints on the BBB about this company and there "F" rating Same attorneys same owners same "Legal Assistants" that handle your file with all your personal info, including bank routing numbers, account numbers Social security numbers and all your credit card account information. They have changed there name to my knowledge of "Consumer attorneys of America" Being FTC compliant means they cant charge upfront fees before any work has been done (This Being Accelerated Debt Solutions of Deerfield Beach, Florida) They give you a "Free referral to a reputable attorneys office" that being "Consumer Attorneys of America" formerly the infamous " Consumer Law Group, PA." They have 3 programs for you Debt Settlement, Debt Restructuring or Bankruptcy. Be advised I am aware of current financial conditions that has caused us to be forced to search for options to better our situation these are not for you or for any one in that matter. Search for a Non for profit Org. that will sit down face to face with you and go over your best option based on your income, Assets and current debt to income ratio. Be aware of Monthly maintenance fees that do nothing but make the Company richer. And if all else fails and BK is your only option. Go with a Local Co.that you can meet with face to face. Your Probably wondering if Accelerated Debt Solutions is a free referral service how does "Brutus" well call him pay his drug induced recently convicted workers and have money to take his secretary out for Friday Afternoon Cocktails. How do they make money? "financial wellness kits." that run you 350.00 dollars which is nothing but a secured credit card with Public savings bank (which is free for the Co.) although needs a 300.00 dollar deposit to be used by the consumer, Entrust America identity theft which is 200.00 per year for the Family. A "Vacation Voucher" which is a couple nights free in a 3 star hotel not to mention you have to pay for the plane tickets but hey any consumer calling because there in debt or looking to file Bankruptcy has the cash flow to pay for a 350.00 plane ticket. I save the Best for last the Financial library that comes in this "kit" Has one section in it called "credit and Debt" which specifically says any credit counseling or debt settlement 3rd party programs are not even a last option for some one in the situation there costly and only benefit the company's that solicit the programs. Funny right..Well they think so highly of there customers and figure there to Ignorant to realize they sold them a product that advises them against a solution they also hope to sucker you into. Don't even entertain the thought of purchasing this garbage or doing business with a company like this take it from me some one who once knew the very people who so quickly will try to pull the wool over your eyes. I wrote this in hopes that even just one person will read it and turn away from working with this co. or any other co. that offers or shares the same "habits" let the joke be on them not you. God Bless. Please Note: The First Amendment reads: Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Four months of asking to be on their "Do Not Call" list and I still get calls every other day. KEY!

I DON'T HAVE ANY DEBT.

Just the mortgage.

The owners of this company need to be prosecuted.

This company is a scam they wont disclose no info to you as to where they got your number and you do ask them they hang up there out of Boston Massachusetts using this phone# 617-778-**** there maybe more numbers than that but here is the one they been calling me with

system is set to hide caller ID...reps refuse to disclose information about them, thier program...and the laws they claim exist that allow them to "WIPE AWAY" your debt...basics...bankruptcy...they use a recording that presents false and misleading information about what they say they can do...and when you track them down...a shyster lawyer runs interference and maintains denials about the violations of law they commit...

these clowns need to be in prison...not in law firms...they hire *** telemarketers who are trained in high pressure sales tactics to push qualification status so they can refer you to one of thier law firms...

flush twice...after they call

If you are having second thoughts about this company just ask yourself Is it worth risking your hard money especially if your in debt and like me cant afford to through it away. My decision is made I am not dealing with these people especially after speaking with their sales Rep Bryan Kieth made me think they truly don't have a clue. Thanks But no thanks ADS

Wow. Glad I found this.

They are calling my husband everyday about 10 times aday we finally answered. And ur right it's a big scam..... I told him I would look it up. Glad I did.

They should be shut down crooks!!!!!!!!!

Hope some gets them soon...... Kentucky

I am so glad that my sister made me look up the company. I almost gave my personal info and was curious as to the second call (Tuesday), then moving to a specialist and ultimately a "face to face".

Does anyone have any info on a positive (READ: Reputable) service out there for someone looking to dig out from some debt? :?

Despite the fact this was supposedly written by a disgruntled employee the actions explained in the complaint are all true...They Have Telemarketers from India calling to harass you 10 times a day then, to be shoved around to 7 different phone agents that ask for personal info such as, Credit Card Account Numbers Social Security Numbers D.O.B all to be told I'm going to be charged fees out the *** to lower my debts. First of all any industry that profits from some ones misfortune is already very shiesty and has to be watched closely.

I see how they avoid certain laws with loopholes by sending a courier service out to our home to collect a first payment. Forget this no way these people are nuts and anyone else who signs up with them.

The Accelerated called me awhile ago. They passed me to 4 operators, ended with CAOA.

I am impressed by your letter, they did mention the "Vacation Voucher" and the kit. They asked me to response within 24 hours.

I am seeing red lights now. Thanks.

Hello is this the same accelerated debt solutions located in Deerfield Beach FL?

@PissedConsumer270523

YES,,,WHY DO YOU ASK ? ANY HORROR STORIES ? I HAVE RECENTLY BEEN EMPLOYED BY THESE PEOPLE.

View more comments (11)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article