Bait and Switch

Absolute Communications - Bait and Switch
I accepted a proposal for the purchase and installation of a new computer. The proposal included "Onsite/In-Home Service after remote diagnosis (performed by Absolute Communications) 3 years". I purchased the computer on April of 2015. This past April a tech had to come on-site, after repeated attempts to resolve the issue remotely, to fix the issue. In the process of the repair, all of our accounting data was lost. Excuses were made, and lies were told regarding how and why the data was lost. At one point, someone attempted to point the blame in my direction! I then spent 22 hours, over the next 1.5 weeks, re-entering date from Jan '16 - April '16. In short, I was able to direct them to restoring past data, from an old computer. This whole mess resulted in complete and permanent loss of March "15 - Dec '15 accounting data. Never once was an apology uttered. I later discovered that they were planning on charging over $1,000 for the "work" that was performed when I called to make a request: To compensate me for 22 hours of my time that it took to re-enter 2016 data, which was taken from other duties in need of attention. That is when I found out they planned on charging me over $1000. I was told at that time that the time I spent could possibly be credited to the amount we owed. I then began disputing the matter of the 3 year service agreement, according to the proposal I accepted. After several months and multiple attempts via telephone and email, they have finally officially refused to honor the proposal submitted by their company. They did not send the bill, as they were able to collect the amount from Dell under my computer's warranty. They have tried to claim that a mistake was made in the preparation of the proposal and that certain words should not have been included as well as certain words "shouldn't be on that specific line". I feel that this was, in essence, a bait and switch. We are a small nonprofit organization and I feel that everyone should know how this company conducts business. The service agreement was one of the top reasons I purchased with Absolute Communications as this made me feel confident in quick responses and a personal relationship with the company that would be performing any repairs, etc….
ID
Corpus Christi, Texas
Service
Absolute Communications Computer Repair
Reason of review
Bad quality

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article