Absinthe Original Reviews

Show reviews that mention
scam absinthe offices facebook email money website bottle situation research
Filter review

Other Product Review

Originalabsinthe.com is a SCAM WEBSITE. They stole $80 from me and are sending constant spam. DO NOT FALL FOR IT!
Concord, North Carolina
Reason of review
Problems with payment

Gift Set Order Review

Ordered a gift set and never showed up. They are a scam had my credit card reverse the transaction because they couldn't even contact them.
Newington, Connecticut

NIGHTMARE!!! SCAM! STAY THE HECK AWAY FROM THESE THEIFS!

I ordered a bottle of absinthe as well as some other accessories to surprise my boyfriend. Ordered it RUSH and spent about $125 in total. That was in early FEBRUARY. It is now May and I STILL haven't received my items. No one emailed me to inform me of any delays. I kept emailing the company and when they would FINALLY reply, they would just give me the run-around and blame the delays on security measures. They even had me call my local post offices to see if they had any information, and of course, they didn't. Finally, after hastling them, Alexndr Spirov tells me that I need to submit an original, signed letter explaning my situation and they will refund my money. That was a week and a half ago and I still haven't heard back. I've complained to the BBB & EConsumer and the next step will be having my bank dispute the charges. THIS COMPANY IS THE BIGGEST RIP-OFF! Do your research and avoid them at all costs!!!!!!!
Miami, Florida
Loss

Original absinthe is a SCAM--STAY AWAY!!

I ordered a bottle of original absinthe from this site and got a bottle of water that had been dyed green and was heavily perfumed. It did NOT contain any alcohol at all!! I've tried to contact the company via email several times to rectify the situation and have been ignored every time. They are really good about covering there tracks across the internet and seem to have maintained a decent--or at least neutral--background BUT DON'T BE FOOLED!! Do your research and you will find the complaints... This company cost me over a hundred bucks--stay away or you will be scammed to!

Thanks, nikalseyn. Good to know.

Houston, Texas

THIS COMPANY SCAMS PEOPLE

Well I was looking to try some absinthe, checked out their website, and ordered. First thing, they never sent me a tracking number. So finally after about 5 emails they got back to me saying I had to wait another month. Then after I left bad feedback on their facebook and website they delete it. Now they block me so I cant email them. You're better off flushing your money down the toilet! THEY HAVE ZERO CUSTOMER SERVICE! GO ELSEWHERE!! THEY ARE A SCAM AND YOU WILL NOT GET ANYWHERE IF YOU TRY AND GET AHOLD OF THEM! THEY SUCK!!! sheesh 100 words now

Absinthe Original Liquor Store

Absinthe Original deletes my complaint on Facebook in under 6 minutes, but can't return an email or find my order from 4 months ago. My fist order was over a month late, second 4+ months. No refund or order and I've been asked to be patient because all Customs & Excise offices are either closed or very busy. Never again. To make matters worse than they already are, the glass on my fountain (first order) just broke. The sun through the window busted the glass, and their out of stock. So after spending over $400.00 dollars, I have 3 glasses and three spoons.

Guess what showed up today? The notice that the U. S. Customs and Border Protection has seized my order.

You state on your website that:

"We have been shipping absinthe to the USA for ten years now and we have had no negative comments regarding customs procedures."

Well here's you first! The government offered that I can hire a lawyer and fight the seizure or I forfeit the package.

I want my money refunded. You've lied to me and now I have proof.

You have not responded to all my emails! Not even close.

As for the proof of shipment, that was emailed to me after you posted here. It is true that you've asked me to be patient but each time it's another month. So in the email you just sent me, you stated the replacement glass should be available in 8 weeks.

That's not a few weeks. I want a REFUND!

We've replied to every single email from this unhappy customer and we've also provided proof of shipment. Order was delayed and since we offer 100% guarantee, we have to follow insurance policy, thus the delay with a replacement or refund.

With regards to the broken glass, it arrived in pristine condition - and we offer replacements. They'll be back in stock in a few weeks time.

If the first order was "so late", why was the second order placed?

@PissedConsumer438749

I know thats bull! YOU PEOPLE DONT REPLY TO EMAILS!!!

I WAITED ALMOST TWO WEEKS FOR A RESPONSE AND NOW YOU HAVE BLOCKED ME! I spent $235.64 on your website AND GOT NOTHING EXCEPT THE RUN AROUND AND AN EVENTUAL BLOCK AND DELETE OFF OF FACEBOOK! THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM DO NOT BUY ANTHING FROM Original Absinthe BECAUSE YOU WILL GET RIPPED OFF(and then they block you)!!!!!!

ZERO CUSTOMER SERVICE! THIS PLACE IS A SCAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@PissedConsumer438749

ORIGINAL ABSINTHE WEBSITE WILL TAKE YOUR MONEY AND NOT SEND YOU YOUR ORDER! THEY RIPPED ME OFF $235.64! THEY ARE A SCAM DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was sitting on the counter. Nobody in the room and the sun through the window just shattered it but not the point.

I ordered something different from them over 4 months ago and they won't discuss the issue.

I email them and all I get is an auto reply. So what's the chance I'd get a replacement if I ordered one?

I was sitting on the counter. Nobody in the room and the sun through the window just shattered it but not the point.

You broke the glass, not their fault. Their out of stock, it happens with new items, and no guarantee was made or should have been expected, that they would have another one to sell if you broke one of yours...

And in case you haven't heard, you can buy this same stuff cheaper from ebay.

View more comments (7)
Racine, Wisconsin

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article