AC not draining water properly

The engineer never called either of the twon numbers I provided. I sat around all Saturday waiting. Well he showed up without calling and I was in the yard. He filled out his paperwork. Did not call to see if I was across the street maybe. I came out of the yard and saw him sitting there I waved and put my dog inside turned around and he was driving away. Maybe he did not see me. If they had called like they are supposed to that would not have mattered. Now they tell me I have to wait till Monday. So a wasted Saturday now I'm supposed to *** Monday....Call somebody else and save yourself the hassle.

Very sorry this happened. Not sure why the call wasn't made; however, our techs are instructed to knock on the door or ring the door bell.

These things occasionally happen.

Again, my sincere apologies.

Tampa, Florida
Pros
  • Dispatcher
Cons
  • Scheduling of service
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Will not honor warranties

The new owner of ABS (Mike Lewis) will not honor warranties given by the previous owner of ABS. He doesn't care what the contract you were sold says. They are happy to say that they are the same company that sold the unit when it comes to scheduling check-ups and offering maintenance plans, but they change their tune quickly when you don't have to pay for a part. With that being the case, can you really believe they'll honor the warranty from ABS in 5 years (or if it's change hands again and negate it).

This homeowner was made promises by the previous owners that we are not responsible for at this time. His argument is with the previous owners.

The equipment manufacturer offers a 5 or 10 year warranty, depending on the manufacturer and warranty registration (it varies between manufacturers), for parts. Their warranties do not cover labor. Extended warranties for labor are normally add-on services backed by 3rd party providers. If one of those were sold to the homeowner and they won't honor, their argument is with them, not me.

If there is no such agreement, the argument is with the previous owners. We have worked very hard to improve our practices and not have these sorts of situations arise.

We can't correct the mistakes of the previous ownership.

Saint Petersburg, Florida
Warranty issue

No service Just Sales

I have a service contract with ABS but every time they come out to service my system they use high pressure tactics to try to upsell me to a newer better system, duct work etc. They installed this EXPENSIVE system 18 months ago with a, so called 5 years warrantee. How on earth can it be outdated and need replacing. They don't care about servicing the systems they sell just selling you more & more even if it's not needed. Beware of their scamming there is nothing they won't say or do to try to scare you or force you to spend spend spend

I'm the owner and I am not sure what transpired here. A phone call to the office would have resolved this.

Having said that, I do not allow anyone in my company to replace a system that is still under manufacturer's warranty without the homeowner talking to me personally. There is only one reason I will accept and that is you want a higher efficiency system, 14 SEER to 18 SEER for example.

(Okay, if you insist because you don't like the current brand, I will do what you want, it's your home:)).

Poor customer service

Other Product Review

If trying to run me off the road in the commercial vehicle is any consolation of how they treat their customers, I won't be calling.
Mountain View, California

Unit would not work

First a mont ago the air would not work. The employ said the reason it did not work is because filter would not work. Since the unit is in the is in the attic the unit started to leak. The second person came in said he had to come back. He came back and just put a piece of wood to raise drain pipe of course that did not work and it continued to drip but worse. The ceiling fell. Then they said they had to replace several things and they would come back the next day. He did not show because he did not have the material. He came back "fix" it and did so but forgot to attach drain pipe properly another leak. They cam and fixed it again. Of course still leaking and now it is the drain pan. They did not order the part right away. So I will have to wait another three days without air. The managers response: you have only been without air for three days. Do not use this company

Suck *** Lying AC Service

ABS Air – Tampa/St. Pete, FL – SCAM/RIP OFF/DECEITFUL/ LYING COMPANY!!! Mike Lewis – Owner!!! What a SCAM/RIP OFF this company is starting with the owner Mike Lewis who is a DOWNRIGHT LIAR!!! I am told by his chief maintenance tech Robert Raimondo “you need a Cut & Pull which will extend the life of your system 5-7 years at the minimum.” What BS that was, a kid named Jacob shows up to do this “cut & pull” for me 2 hours late after I was completely NO SHOWED the week before on the original appointment date. I call Robert and he is in Atlanta at a funeral and attempts to get someone here as originally promised from Atlanta but no one can come so we reschedule a week out. Jacob shows up 2 hours late either HIGH or DRUNK if not both, he smells of alcohol with bloodshot eyes driving a company truck. I call Lewis the owner and tell him his man is HIGH/DRUNK and he really isn’t too concerned by it!!!! I originally signed a maintenance contract with this company 1.5 years ago and on those maintenance visits have never had the same employee twice, things that make you go HUH?? The maintenance visits were always LATE or NO SHOWED as well, how hard is it to keep an appointment your company schedules?? Various IDIOTS who have come to my home are Nathan, Joshua, Robert, James & Steven. Various IDIOTS who I have talked to in the office and been LIED to by are Tina, Kristin, & Bob the office manager. Then when my system DIED after the $500 “CUT & PULL” I speak to Mike Lewis the owner about a replacement system cost and he quotes me $6,700 which I think is quite high after all the problems I have had with his company during our 1.5 year relationship. It turns out his quote is EXTREMELY HIGH, I find a system for $4,800 which is actually a better spec system than what he was trying to sell me for $6,700. LEWIS and his whole plethora of SCAM *** employees are all BAD PEOPLE & IDIOTS!!!!!! STAY AS FAR AWAY from this SCAM COMPANY as you can!!!!!!

The homeowner, Mel, and I did have a lengthy conversation about his system. To begin with, he was told he needed a cut and pull because he never changed his filters and the coil was dirty. He was told that the cleaning would last 4 or 5 years provided that he changed his filters regularly (not that his system would last 4 or 5 years). His system failed a month or so after the coil cleaning and the repair was expensive enough that he decided he wanted a price on a new system (compressor). We quoted a price for him on a Bryant system. Mel wanted the system discounted heavily because of all the trouble and inconvenience he experienced (appointments rescheduled). Before the cut and pull, Mel was told that his system was "on its last leg" due to its age and lack of maintenance.

When the system failed, we tried to help Mel by arranging financing through our third party finance company. Mel told us there would be no problem because his credit was flawless. Well, flawless or not, the finance company rejected his application. Then Mel decided that the equipment was too expensive, the technicians were high, everybody was rude to him, etc.

We have all of our technicians background checked by Ask the Seal. They are drug tested as part of our hiring process. We do not hire people that fail the drug test or have a criminal record. Having said that, I am not naive enough to believe that people don't make bad choices after being hired. The problem here with Mel's story is that he never called the office to complain about the technician when he was at his house. Had he done so, the technician would have been sent immediately for a drug test. Refusal or failure would have resulted in termination (and this wouldn't be a "he said/she said" story).

Mel goes on to call lots of people idiots and liars, etc. The only lie in this story comes from Mel where he claims that this incident cost him $500. It cost him nothing. His money was refunded even though the original cut and pull was done correctly.

I'm not sure what scam Mel is referring to in his "story." Mel is directing his anger at good employees who try to do their best to help customers. He should direct his anger at himself for not managing his personal finances better. None of this would have happened if Mel wasn't embarrassed by the credit company's rejection of his application.

Loss

ABS air conditioning fraud

ABS is a good company to call if you like to pay for replacement parts when they don't need to be changed. They are also excellent at giving excuses and stories about how your part was not working correctly even after you have the old part tested and find out it is in perfect working condition. Pros: good company to call if you like to be robbed Cons : read the pros A ripoff scam to defraud consumers by doing work, replacing parts that are not necessary. Plus charging exhorbitant prices (price gouging) for materials and labor that are not defined by item price or hourly rate

Tell us another story then tell it to Sweeney

Lou's complaint is inaccurate at best. Pricing is "flat rate" which is used throughout the industry.

When the technician arrived at his home the air conditioning was not cooling (explains why he called for service). When the technician left, the ac was cooling. He attempted to not pay for the service.

When that didn't work, he decided to write an inaccurate description of the transaction. The transaction was reviewed in the office and there was no evidence that the technician made any mistakes.

View more comments (1)
Loss

They haven't given me refund for goods returned and not received.

I ordered 3 ABS door cylinders, a door letter plate and an affinity handle. When the package arrived there was no invoice to say where the products came from and the letter plate was missing. I had to call and ask where the letter plate was. I was told that it was out of stock and it would be sent. I have never received it. The affinity door handle wasn't suitable so it was sent back recorded delivery. I have tracked the parcel which the post office tried to deliver but no one was there so a card was left at the address and the package was taken back to the Bradford post office for them to collect. I have had to chase them on everything. I have not had one email or phone call in response to any messages I have left or emails I have sent and no refund. So their communications skills in terms of keeping their customers informed leave a lot to be desired I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND ANYONE ORDER ANYTHING FROM STORM HARDWARE LTD AS THEY SEEM TO BE A ONE MAN BAND AND YOU WILL NOT GET A REFUND IF THEY DO NOT DELIVER GOODS AND IF YOU SEND ANYTHING BACK YOU STILL WONT GET A REFUND AND IT COSTS MONEY TO SEND ITEMS BACK. VERY DISGRUNTLED CUSTOMER

This complaint doesn't belong to ABS Air Conditioning.

Dallas, Texas

Do Not Use ABS A/C Company For System Check-Up

A telephone solicitor from ABS located in Pinellas, Florida called saying they were expanding into the Pasco county area. They offered a a/c checkup which included one lb. of freon, clean coils, anti fungus tablet in handler, 5 year air filter, oiling of all parts and calibrating thermostat all for $24.95. When the technician arrived he removed the cover on my a/c and ask me to take a look at what he found. By the way my a/c puts out ice cold air with no problems. He said it was leaking freon and was rusty and not worth cleaning. I said to go ahead and do the $24.95 special any way. He said he would not do it because the unit was to old(1996 and working great). I insisted and he said he was going to report me to the EPA for leaking freon. I called their service manager and he rescheduled me. The new tech was doing the check and had flushed it out and tested the freon which by the way was full. His phone rang and the caller was the other tech that had refused to work on my unit, telling him not to touch the unit. Come to find out he is this techs supervisor. The speaker phone was on so I was able to hear the conversation. This really put the technician on the spot. He was very nice and apologized but did not proceed. Of course I did not pay the $24.95. They should have paid me for the time and stress they put me through. This is a SCAM to get their foot in your door to sell you a new A/C. The first technician tried to sell me an a/c for $4,900.00. When I told him I didn't have that kind of money, he said he could get me a two year interest free loan. He said the compressor could blow up and cause further damage. What a crock of BULL! I am an older retired woman who they tried to take advantage of. WATCH OUT! IF THEY CALL YOU 'BUYER BEWARE'! If it sounds to good to be true, it probably is! I had another company look at the a/c unit and they said IT WAS WORKING FINE, A LITTLE NOISEY BUT FINE. They said to me "You don't fix it if it's not broken". Now that is an honest and reputable company.

ABS is an excellent company to call if you enjoy paying to replace parts that don't need to be changed. If there is an option of no air conditioning or calling them to repair my unit I would opt for opening the windows rather than being robbed. Be aware , you have been warned.

Run run run from ABS. They have been ripping folks off for years with these "specials", maintenence contracts and false repairs.

They took me for 500.00 for work they actually never did I found out later. Google for tons of complaints against them.

Tell everyone you know especially older folks who might not check the web before doing business. Good luck and god bless.

@PissedConsumer414972

ABS AC calls every day to get you to have them service your AC. Do not answer

Your phone.

Any company that needs to Harass people with phone calls to get.

Work YOU CAN NOT TRUST!

FOREWARNED !

View more comments (2)
Tampa, Florida

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article