2004 dodge Dakota cuda hood bad mold

My body shop ordered this hood for me at a small cost of 800.00 delivered.they did all the right prep block, urethane prime, block again than prime again base clear sand spray true fire graphics and re clear. The hood was perfectly flawless like it was a factory steel hood. I was very pleased as this is a show truck. Two weeks later out in the sun the hood totally warped. It looked like the worst bodywork I've ever seen. It turns out that the CEO skimped out on the resins and the amount of cure time. Sense then the company has changed owners and its been a couple of years now same name that's stamped on the bottom is still the same name they use. The new CEO said there is nothing they can do to make it right. I guess they don't mind that the product that still carries there name and brag about the quality is nothing more than an import quality eBay item!!!!
ID
Buckhannon, West Virginia
Loss

AAR Fiberglass hoods fudulenty advertized a product that they new would'nt fit my car

Buyer Beware. Stay away from AAR fiberglass hoods. I ordered and bought a six pack lift off hood from these losers for my 1969 superbee 440 sixpack car. I have my stock air lid and air cleaner. In there advertisement for the hood it says only needs to be sanded and painted. I get the hood and go to put it on the car and the framing of the hood in the rear is hitting directly on my air cleane ?? I call politly to find out what is going on and the Loser Owner Al say's To my disbelief that he knows it wont work on a six pack with the stock air cleaner set up . I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Here I am with a 100,000.00 car and this *** advertises a hood for it specifically for this car with no disclaimer saying that you have to change your air cleaner . The loser then proceeds to tell me that most of the people that buy that hood have 4 barrels or change the air cleaner. Had this low life put a disclaimer in his ad I wouldn't have bought it. On top of it all I wanted my shipping cost back which he refuses to reiburse. It was his false and fraudulent advertising that caused this in the first place. I simply was buying a six pack lift off hood for a six pack car. This lowlife hasn't heard the last from me. If I were any one here I would go with a reputable company not this ***

I have nothing buy excellent service on all of my purchases with AAR. The company is under new ownership now.

I had trouble with these losers at aar quality hood. The owner allen Allard and his peice of *** wife both suck.

jim in ct must have allards wifes pubic hair stuck in his mouth by the sounds of his comment. Who would come to defend these losers on this board ?

a bit fishy like his wife !! Maybe its Allard himself

Bought a 69 rr six pack bolt on hood a few years back.got it home and front corner didnt line up.turned out mold was damaged and they didnt catch it.called and emailed pics.returned hood to local show and they shipped me replacement free of charge.excellent product and cust. Service. :grin

ALAN ALLARD Owner of aar quality hoods IS A LIAR. His website didn't have this mickey mouse disclaimer when I bought his garbage hood.

To prove this .. I copied and printed out his website listing at the time of my purchase. If anyone wants it I can send a copy. This sneaky weasel only did that because I brought it up to him thatthere was no disclaimer.

as I mentioned above if he hadn't falsely advertized it I wouldn't have bought it in the first place. The fact that he tried to sneak it in after "which I can prove with the dates" just goes to show what type of sneaky establishment this guy is operating.

If you have a supposidly 100,000.00 six pack/six barrel car you would only put on a original hood or a guarenteed show quality hood from year one,or other mopar "correct-a-mundo" only source as to keep the value of the vehicle. Those cars are only worth what they say if they are in original form or has a confirmed quality repop on it!!--nuff said!! :cry

Refer to our web site and you can clearly see the disclaimer for the air cleaner on the six-pak hood.

Customer was refunded the whole amount on the hood as soon as he shipped the hood back to us. Our webs site clearly states that we will not refund shipping cost.

One complaint in 14 years...we are doing pretty good.

View more comments (5)
ID
Boston, Massachusetts
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article